• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simple Question

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlaneh...
why didnt u take pic of those fingerprints with ur hp cam n show to CID umpai leh?:confused:
they might be more interested.:biggrin:

CID umpai only interested in women and drinks. If on cases, they are only keen on cases likely to lead to promotions. Bro's case is only classified as 'theft from m/vehilce' under s379A, I think. To the police, small case unless vehicle belongs to a VIP or MIW. That's the brutal truth.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no hard-and-fast rule on cases less serious than murder. Only SCU (Scene of Crime Unit, known in US as CSI) are trained to dust for fingerprints. Patrol police and even investigation officers (IO) in charge of the cases are not. It's up to the IO to call SCU if he thinks it necessary and helpful. In murder cases, it's a must.

I think these days NPCOs are trained to dust for prints in minor cases. My friend used to give lectures to them when NPCs were first started. For more serious cases, SCU from land divisions will respond. And in the major cases, Forensic Crime Branch of CID lanlan forced to attend. Used to be known as Scene of Crime Unit/CID. Now, their name more kilak. May not be FCB but FCManagementB.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many people talk about fingerprints, zap, match and catch.

Does anybody here knows what an unprinted fingerprint looks like and how it's to lifted and matched against the a printed fingerprint (like the one on your IC)? I ask you all imagine something. I give a you full clear thumb print and you go match it against a database of a million of so, computer provided, you go do it.

There's no laziness. If feasible and practicable, it'd be done. However, there's no guaranteed result. The offender could be wearing gloves or even just fist wrapped around with a piece of cloth. As I've said, very few cases are solved by fingerprints. That's mostly for verifying identities of people already arrested or dead. Most cases are solved by investigation and information, but no guarantee.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you report a case, patrol officers (usually at least two) would attend to confirm it, then report to their ops room. The ops sergeant would then confirm it to the divisional duty IO of the day. Thereafter, it's up to the IO to make the call. Most of the cases, the IO doesn't even attend in person and rely on the reports from the attending officers and ops sergeant. But cases with dead bodies, IO sure must attend in person.

No lah IO also attend to hum sup cases too. 1 time around X'mas I was doing the nightshift at bishan station this girl ran out of the last southbound train crying saying some drunken DOM molested her in the train. The 2nd shift SM was about to go home both of us detained the DOM until the plain cloth IO arrived (1hr later):biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah IO also attend to hum sup cases too. 1 time around X'mas I was doing the nightshift at bishan station this girl ran out of the last southbound train crying saying some drunken DOM molested her in the train. The 2nd shift SM was about to go home both of us detained the DOM until the plain cloth IO arrived (1hr later):biggrin:

hahaha...u sure only detained DOM meh.
were u all not sianing the gal at the same time.....

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ask you all imagine something. I give a you full clear thumb print and you go match it against a database of a million of so, computer provided, you go do it.

hahaha...thought you would have known better.
Are u saying that there are million of pple with criminal records in Sinkapore?
Of course we don't expect the poodle to match against the whole population lah...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha...thought you would have known better.
Are u saying that there are million of pple with criminal records in Sinkapore?
Of course we don't expect the poodle to match against the whole population lah...

You've answered the question. It's not practicable. Fingerprints solve very few crimes.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've answered the question. It's not practicable. Fingerprints solve very few crimes.

Crimes solved through many means. Fingerprints is just one of them. They also come in handy when IOs are asked by HsI or Comdrs whether scene visited, prints lifted etc. It is also a 'cover your ass' strategy. Most supervisors, upon hearing no prints of value was lifted, can relax knowing that when queried by 'upstairs', they have a good defense. The minimum was done.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a minister / VIP / Ang Moh/ Rich guy/ or their relatives?
If not no point calling the poodle, they are not there to serve you.

My car was broken into last night, some stuff stolen.

It was a sloppy thief as he left oily fingerprints all over. I highlight to the police but they did not bother with the fingerprints.

What i want to know is as every singaporean has their prints recorded in ic database and even some foreigners pass thru customs have had their fingerprints scan. How come with fingerprints cannot track down the culprit?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like even the new Home Minister Shanmugan is sleeping on the job.

How difficult is it to whip the police into ship-shape?