• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIA Bleeds

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very unfortunate and sad, that their journey has arrive at that juncture.
If that is how the government operates mysteriously, with respect, I submit that the Minister(s), and/or the Attorney General Chambers, and/or the senior civil servants are pretty and immature.
Fully agree with you

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know you have full faith in PAP govt :roflmao: :roflmao::roflmao:
High risk but can be very good returns. SPH's NAV is $2.43. Now it is $1.07. PAP will not let SPH go bust. There are three possibilities. Either SPH issues rights, remain status quo or gahmen takes it private. Instead of leaving my money in the bank, i can pick up sph and hope gahmen takes it private. High returns

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good point. Is lky a successful man? He raised a son who has no compassion for the least, the lost and the last
Very sad.
What kind of society it community did the PAP and LHL left as his legacy, without compassion for the elderly, destitute elderly

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the workers are not well taken care of, then how to raise the share of the company??? With a self-serving attitude like that, the whole company will gone to waste. Be like IKEA, this is a good company to learn from.
Old workers can be replaced with young ones, troublemakers with obedient ones, greedy with hungry ones, slow with fast ones, incompetent with capable ones. How not to raise share price like that? :cool:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old workers can be replaced with young ones, troublemakers with obedient ones, greedy with hungry ones, slow with fast ones, incompetent with capable ones. How not to raise share price like that? :cool:
you mean replace with foreigners. 3rd world foreigners have such magnificent qualities. However, the way of doing things is also 3rd world. thus, down the share price.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Airlines hedge oil for two yrs. SIA has hedged it for 5yrs at price up to US$76. Presently oil is abt US$40. It is expected that SIA may lose $2B in oil hedging losses. Who is gg to be held responsible for such a big mistake?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most Airlines hedge oil for two yrs. SIA has hedged it for 5yrs at price up to US$76. Presently oil is abt US$40. It is expected that SIA may lose $2B in oil hedging losses. Who is gg to be held responsible for such a big mistake?
From Apr to June, SIA gambled on oil hedging and lost $464,000,000

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
High risk but can be very good returns. SPH's NAV is $2.43. Now it is $1.07. PAP will not let SPH go bust. There are three possibilities. Either SPH issues rights, remain status quo or gahmen takes it private. Instead of leaving my money in the bank, i can pick up sph and hope gahmen takes it private. High returns
NAV pre covid. If latest valuations used probably about even

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe the pap has learnt that it was a mistake. we cant take past pap actions and think that it will do to sia what it did to nol
Fact is, the port business is booming.
If PAP thought letting NOL die was a mistake, they would have resurrected a new line, Temasek National Line.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fact is, the port business is booming.
If PAP thought letting NOL die was a mistake, they would have resurrected a new line, Temasek National Line.
I do not wish to 2nd guess why pap sold NOL. In my mind, NOL and SIA are strategic Singapore assets that must have. We are a trade dependent country without a hinterland and we rely on other countries for food and other necessities. NOL and SIA and other land transport are like SG's hands and feet to bring food and necessities to feed and nourish Singaporeans. Chartering ships and planes are different from having our own ships and planes. In times of crisis and emergencies, if we dont have pour own assets, our livelihood is jeopardised. So regardless of what others feel, i look at selling NOL as a mistake

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not wish to 2nd guess why pap sold NOL. In my mind, NOL and SIA are strategic Singapore assets that must have. We are a trade dependent country without a hinterland and we rely on other countries for food and other necessities. NOL and SIA and other land transport are like SG's hands and feet to bring food and necessities to feed and nourish Singaporeans. Chartering ships and planes are different from having our own ships and planes. In times of crisis and emergencies, if we dont have pour own assets, our livelihood is jeopardised. So regardless of what others feel, i look at selling NOL as a mistake
Ho Ching lost money, need to get money back for the reserve and cpf. Same as our power supply. You think PAP doesn't know what are our assets? If you need to sell assets, that means something is very desperate and a problem. of course, this is my opinion and educated deduction. Say anything you want.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho Ching lost money, need to get money back for the reserve and cpf. Same as our power supply. You think PAP doesn't know what are our assets? If you need to sell assets, that means something is very desperate and a problem. of course, this is my opinion and educated deduction. Say anything you want.
Agree with you. Selling NOL was a mysterious decision. Once sold, everything NOL had went to French buyer CMA CGM. What is equally hurtful was that CGA CGM managed to turn NOL into profits instead of losses experienced by NYC

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Power and water supplies are equally strategic to a country, especially a small country like Singapore. Selling all our power stations to foreign buyers was a dumb decision based solely on financial considerations. If that is sole importance, PAP shd consider selling the SAF