• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Singaporean upset he has to pay $8 for chicken rice + char siew (pork?) at Ayza's Restaurant (Halal?)

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nnzr32hgfq4b1.jpg

_wetmath_[S]
So at first I ordered chicken rice, but later told the stall uncle to add char siew. I was shocked when he told me it was $8. Even worse is when I saw that the menu said chicken + char siew rice is $6. So I asked the stall uncle why he charged me $2 extra.
He said that since I first ordered chicken rice, then added char siew later, it was $5 + $3. If I had instead ordered both chicken and char siew from the start, it would have only been $6. I said it was ridiculous but he refused to give me back my money.
Not wanting to further escalate matters, I accepted my loss and ate my lunch. But then the uncle still came to my table to further justify his price and talk about how his rental is so high and all the stalls within the coffee shop are also expensive, and in his own words "malay chicken rice is always more expensive than chinese one".
I already chose to accept my situation but he still come and find me. I just want to eat in peace ok. Not get scammed and lectured.
Btw the shop name is Ayza's Restaurant. Don't eat here

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like your typical non-aircon food court disguised as a 'kopitiam'. This particular one fleeces the Melayu Muslims. :cool:

AF1QipMduC8hxcBQxNUj2N4b8kbvNuIrocJkREmqkFoW=s0

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"malay chicken rice is always more expensive than chinese one".

Halal food is usually slightly more expensive due to costs incurred to get the halal cert. Most moslems in F&B get around this halal tax by advertising as "100% moslem owned" instead of halal.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he ask fir chicken rice, he gets full portion of chicken.
If he ask for chicken plus char siew? He gets 50 % portion of each.
In this case, he gets full portion of chicken plus full portion of char siew as he added char siew later on.
And where is the chilly sauce plus soup?