• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sexist Desmond Choo - choose a wife who can cook

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
sex-bomb-food-460x307.jpg

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Choo : Wife to can't cook = no point

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/desmond-choo-leads-poll-for-aware-s-first--sexism--award.html

Singapore will have its first sexism awards to "honour" the person or organisation that has done the greatest disservice to gender equality.

Given out by the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware), the sexism award, also known as the Alamak Award, has five nominees, who were chosen by the public on Aware's website over a six-week period that started in August.

The five nominees are: Desmond Choo of the People's Action Party (PAP), the Singapore Obedient Wives Club, Singapore Airlines, the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and insurance company Great Eastern.

An online poll to choose the "winner" of the award started last Tuesday and so far Choo is in the lead, with 56 per cent of the 647 votes cast for him.

Choo, who contested in Hougang as the PAP candidate in the general election, was criticised for being sexist after he recounted in his maiden rally speech a meeting with a resident who told him that choosing an MP is like choosing a wife.

"If your wife is unable to cook, there's no point. You must choose a wife who is able to look after you and do things for you," the resident had told him.

In response to the nomination, Choo told The Straits Times that he had always believed in gender equality. He also said that his comments in the speech were taken out of context and were not meant to be sexist.

The Obedient Wives Club trails behind Choo with 33 per cent of the votes. The poll ends on 7 October.

The proposal to set up the club in Singapore after one was started in Malaysia drew public criticism for its encouragement of women to submit to their husbands and to meet their sexual needs.

The award will be given out 17 October during Aware's fundraising dinner to celebrate its 26th anniversary.

Aware's executive director, Corinna Lim, said people often wrote to them to complain about sexist ads or remarks, and thought the awards would be a fun way to highlight examples of sexism.

"'It is a great way to raise public awareness and discussion about sexist attitudes," she told ST.

On a more serious note, Aware will be giving out three other awards -- Heroine, Hero and Young Wonder -- to recognise the significant contributions of those who have forwarded the gender equality cause.

Halimah Yacob, Minister of State for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and opposition politician Nicole Seah are among the list of nominees who were chosen by the public and Aware members.

A panel of judges, which includes ambassador-at-large Tommy Koh and playwright Eleanor Wong, will be choosing the three winners.

Aware hopes to raise $200,000 through the dinner to fund its programmes and services. The gala tickets are priced at $250, and most of the 350 seats have been taken up.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Desmond Choo : Wife to can't cook = no point

Have to admit, this Desmond Choo is a real man by saying tat. Have Wife is too cook and clean for the husband. Also wife is to serve the husband in the bed room too. If wife cant do that, I dont see what is the point of getting married. Married life is suppose to be easier for husband, if it gets harder for the husband, get married for what?? Its definitely not for the FUCK if he is not getting any.

Singapore Men has become to subservient and oppressed due to the Womens Crapster and AWARE butches/lesbians are not making things easier or fairer for all. I wont be surprised if more sexist stuff from men becomes more common due to the unfairness of the law. Its high time Real Men take over the country again and not Hen Pecked men like LKY and LHL, as the saying goes, like father like son.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats right ....i also agree with ah choo...but i will still vote for WP if got a chance to vote :wink:

woman must know how to cook ...that is the most basic things a woman must learn .

I will vote for Desmond Choo if he is WP candidate or Opposition Candidate in the next GE is a straight 2 party contest, I sure will vote him..too bad he PAP, he will not get my vote. My motto is PAP will not get my vote. The only hard thing is some PAP MPs are really good, for example Amy Khor, or ex MPs like TCB, Tan Soo Khoon etc. But a vote for them is a vote for LHL, so I will rather vote against PAP. Any way if the Oppos will not win if the PAP MP is good,,just look at Hong Kan North SMC. And George Yeo is not a good MP. He was fucking arrogant and another dog on LKY's leash. So one of the best thing from the last GE is Aljunied being won by WP. got rid or 5 PAP dogs in one go. Hope PAP lose more GRCs the next time and have only a bare simple majority in Parliament. I will also settle for loss of 1/3 seats by PAP.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many ex... what's wrong with them or u ?

There're pros and cons, no absolutes. When I was married with my ex-wife, I banned her from cooking after she and my sis messed up the kitchen with their experiment recipe and expected me to clean up. My bro-in-law banned my sis (his wife) from attempting any cooking at their home too. My Taiwanese ex-GF was a good cook with Chinese and Japanese food, delicious and she knew how clean up smoothly like a whistle. My Viet ex-GF was very good with dog and fish. But what the hell? When you sleep with a woman, you sleep with the woman, not with the food she cooks. Don't tell me that you're going to marry your favorite prataman?

Last edited: