• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

serious problem

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i need serious, genuine and useful advice how to get rid of my beer belly, any chinese medicine or over the counter from pharmacies all are welcome....

Any person over 30 will have a weight problem. I recently noticed that I've put on weight despite eating very little. It's probably because of slowing metabolism & the rainy weather that prevents my regular walks. When you get older exercise becomes more important because of slowing metabolism. I have used those supplements that block carbohydrate absorption with some success but the best long term solution is EXERCISE.

That's why I've taken my Nordic Track out of storage. Just have to use it for 30 minutes each day it should help. You can of course skip rope, use an elliptical trainer, treadmill, etc Any aerobic activity will burn those calories. No one said it would be easy :smile:

Just start at a moderate pace & don't kill yourself by going too fast. Walking for an hour can be as effective as running for 20 minutes.

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just start at a moderate pace & don't kill yourself by going too fast. Walking for an hour can be as effective as running for 20 minutes.

You're right about the pacing part. The problem with a lot of people is that they do not know how to pace themselves. Most of the time, they are overworking their cardio.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right about the pacing part. The problem with a lot of people is that they do not know how to pace themselves. Most of the time, they are overworking their cardio.

For those who are worried about overdoing it, they can get a heart monitor e.g. Polar brand. Such a device can be set to beep if your pulse is not within the desired range. It's not really necessary but may come in handy if you want to down load the data to your computer & track your progress.

There are also some Iphone & Android Apps that can be used with a bluetooth pulse transmitter.

Nowadays technology can make exercise more fun, but you still have to do the EXERCISE:smile:

Last edited:

SanShuPo

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are worried about overdoing it, they can get a heart monitor e.g. Polar brand. Such a device can be set to beep if your pulse is not within the desired range. It's not really necessary but may come in handy if you want to down load the data to your computer & track your progress.

There are also some Iphone & Android Apps that can be used with a bluetooth pulse transmitter.

Nowadays technology can make exercise more fun, but you still have to EXERCISE:smile:

Thank you. I will go buy one for my old man. Hope that when we make love, he will not die of heart attack.