• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seagate apologises after foreign employee calls S'poreans 'rotten' and 'bitter'

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
seagate_issues_apology_for_employees_insensitive_comments-thumbnail.jpg

Seagate Technology has apologised on their facebook page for comments made by one of their engineers who called some Singaporeans 'rotten' and 'bitter'.

In a post on their facebook page, Seagate made it clear that they were aware of the offensive comments and apologised for them. They also promised to look into the matter immediately and take the 'necessary disciplinary measures where needed'.

More than ten STOMPers had written in over the insensitive comments, which had been posted on his personal facebook page. According to his facebook page, the engineer is a Filipino working in Singapore.

Here are some STOMPers' comments regarding the incident.

STOMPer Angry bird wrote:

"Look at this proud Pinoy FT working in Seagate calling us locals 'rotten'.

"Should we send him back to where he belongs?"

Jazz wrote:

"As you can see in the screenshot taken below on his profile page, it shows his comments on Singaporeans on facebook, viewable by everyone.

"He is listed as a member of Seagate, a Process Engineer at Seagate Technology International (W1)."

"He refers to Singaporeans as 'rotten locals', calls us 'bitter', and says most of us are 'working under us (Pinoys)'."

Samm also commented:

"Look at this Filipino's remarks about Singaporeans.

"I came across a photo on facebook.

"A Filipino working in Seagate, based in Singapore, is making racist remarks about locals.

"I do not condone his language used because they are offensive and mean.

"It will just stir up more angst between the foreign talents and locals here."

Rinna wrote:

"This is really disturbing.

"This Pinoy guy should get fired by Seagate."

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. just another piece of pinoy shit.
2. seagate is just expensive resources defending such specimen.
3. just send it back home.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Pinoy dude must be in a bad mood after his national hero Manny Pacquiao got KO'ed in a recent boxing match. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Beware. Full time MP Baey will be telling us to reflect and see if the Pinoy Dog is telling the truth.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. the bay dog cum sheep should take a good look at its mirror.
3. there is also some rotten dog in the reflection hoh:biggrin:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The employer appears not to be taking this very seriously, and I am not surprised.

In response to online feedback about the disparaging remarks made by one of their employees, Seagate chooses to leave a message on its Facebook profile. In other words, a shadow responding to shadows. That is the online world for you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boycott seagate.

Been purchasing only Seagate hard drives since the 1990s. Are other brands such as Western Digital good?

Also, I'm amazed that Seagate only has a one-year warranty on a lot of its products. You would think that by hiring such cheap Pinoy trash, Seagate could have used the savings to beef up product warranty.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have posted in the other thread, I think it's time for PM to find his two low hanging fruits and do a surgical
strike to remove this cancerous growth before it jeopardizes our national security.

With 1.3 millions (and counting) of jokers in our midst clustering across several strategic sectors, it's time to act!

Time to skin a few snakeheads to scare the monkeys!

"This is a manifestation of our "Growth At All Cost" Policy with a heavy reliance on foreign talents. Coupled with our
inert politicians' self-interest to bootlick this category of potential citizens and voters. Instead of nipping the problem at
the bud and they hip praises and excuses to try and appease this talents, thus, emboldening them further!

Starting with the more vocal Chinese talents, it has now infected the Pinoys and soon will infect the Nehs.

I am not sure the exact composition of each class of talents, however the danger lays more in the Pinoy and Nehs because
of their better education, more proficient in the language and clustering in the health care and financial services to cause
greater harm!

We should send a clear message such as those from the Australian Prime Minister who make it unequivocally clear on
the position of talents and immigrants.

I quote:-

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It . . . We will accept your beliefs, and will not question
why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

For a lady … she got balls!

Last edited:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been purchasing only Seagate hard drives since the 1990s. Are other brands such as Western Digital good?

Also, I'm amazed that Seagate only has a one-year warranty on a lot of its products. You would think that by hiring such cheap Pinoy trash, Seagate could have used the savings to beef up product warranty.
labour quality and warranty are correlated. Next round they use Blangah labour, only give one month warranty.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
labour quality and warranty are correlated. Next round they use Blangah labour, only give one month warranty.

Worse, they move to PRC, and you look carefully at the product, it says "SEEGATE" & 90days warranty & 12 months carry in.:biggrin:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
SeaGate Should SACKED this Pinoy Carlos the fugitive with immediate effect!!!

NO 2nd chance!!!

SACKED!! Go home!

WinneMUCCA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays, hard drives seldom fail DOA. In fact, I've a 2.5 inch Seagate drive that failed 3 months into its warranty. So, it's a matter of heng-suay if you bought a lemon.

The warranty is of no use, with the one to one exchange, as your data, if sensitive and confidential, should not be in the hands of the manufacturer. You don't know what they do to the drive once you give it to them. Even the hotline customer service cannot tell you exactly what is done to the drive. I called the customer service and is not convinced of the security of my data in their hands. I asked if I can drown it in water before returning it and he said it will void the warranty. So, I decided to write the expense off.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You would think that by hiring such cheap Pinoy trash, Seagate could have used the savings to beef up product warranty.

Pinoys always have relatives, parents and grand-parents die.... resurrected....and die again. They simply aren't clocking enuf working hours enough to handle such a long warranty period lah HAHAHA !

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is a comment by a sinkee,the farking MIW will lambast and bombard the sinkee for being a racist and trouble-maker in violation of our national integrity and harmony.Why is Seagate ,a Singapore Employer,paying salary to the ungrateful and nasty Foreigner Filipino engineer to mock.ridicule and disparage Singaporeans in our own homeland Singapore ?
Come on,farking Seagate,farking MIW,show us u got some balls ,deport the farking Filipino engineer back to Philippines NOW !!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why seagate apologised, the employee should apologised, if not then get fired and deported.

so it means the govt pampered the FT and screwed the Locals... that is why i stay away from sinkies. hehehe