• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy Moderators are all multi millionaires!

28yoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
7 figure is million dollars (you go to school before?), i bet he include his over inflated house price. i bet he own the bank a lot of money too.

He wrote his net worth is at least 7 digits, aka 1 million. Mortgage owned to the bank is not included in net worth, as it is a long term liability. The money he has paid towards his house is included in his net worth though.

Yes I have been to school, that is why I know the fundamentals of accounting, as well as how to use 'owe'. Are you a millionaire as well Singveld?

Hehehehehe. :o
28 years old and still doesn't know the difference between 7 and 8 digits.
He needs to get richer, so that someone can do the maths for him.
Young and english speaking and good in maths.

Wow, you are young, speak so many different languages, and you are already a millionaire, most possibly, a multi-millionaire. You claim to speak three Chinese languages, English and Malay. You are like a chameleon. Landless peasant like me wonders what you stand for in life.

When u got your first million it's real easy to increase more $$$$$$ ..

Wow we have another millionaire on Sammyboy. :eek:

7 digits is 1,000,000 to 9,999,999 you twit.

JW5 could be worth no more than a measly 1 million dollars.

Oh it is fault. I am semi-literate and can't count. I grew up in a rented room in a shophouse in Orchard Road with my parents and siblings all squeezed into a room. I slept on the floor, and squeezed with 8 other family members in one single room, until I was 30, when I finally moved out, after I got married to a waitress. When my sisters change their clothes in the room, I have to turn around. We did not have any toilet in the apartment, we must go to a toilet we share with all 300 people in the street.

My mother worked as a maid for a British man. My father was a hawker man. I dropped out of school at age 14 because we had no more money to buy books and failed English and Science throughout my schooling years. We used to watch TV in the hall, one TV for all 300 of us. I have only used Kerosene lamps through my formative years, therefore, I find it hard to grasp science concepts or English or use the computer.

But look at all these book smart people these days, they are only book smart, good for nothing. I am tough, I can survive even without food for three days and sleep on the floor. I am street smart, and I have a lot of life experience and wisdom. :smile:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to try but is a complete dummy in doing that. Are you willing to teach me the basic?
The basic/essential/fundamental thing about the financial markets, whether in stocks, commodities, bonds or whatever, is that it's based on INFLATION in the PAPER money supply and EASY CREDIT of that money into the system.

After that, it's just gambling, making/losing money regardless of whether prices go up or down.
And I'd rather not bore or confuse you with further details... haha!

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The basic/essential/fundamental thing about the financial markets, whether in stocks, commodities, bonds or whatever, is that it's based on INFLATION in the PAPER money supply and EASY CREDIT of that money into the system.

After that, it's just gambling, making/losing money regardless of whether prices go up or down.
And I'd rather not bore or confuse you with further details... haha!

I mean, what should I do? For example, does it goes like this:

1. Open a online trading account (but which is recommended?)
2. Which type of instrument should I deal with? Forex? Contra? or what?
3. Which market should I trade?

Sorry, but I really dont know much. But I would like something that is lower risk (maybe 5-6/10)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nearly half a million USD (as of today):
http://www.yourwebsitevalue.com/details/s/a/m/sammyboyforum_com.html
(but whether that "valuer" website should be trusted totally is another matter! haha)

There are many factors. These on line site valuations simply take the various parameters that are publicly available for each domain and plug them into a formula that does an estimation.

Ultimately, a site is worth only what you are offered when you put it up for sale.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean, what should I do?
Haha, I had already guessed that was what you meant, but I didn't think it would be a good thing for you to start dabbling in the financial markets ...

Anyway, I'll still try to answer some of your questions, if you trust me! :wink:
1. Open a online trading account (but which is recommended?)
There are quite a few trustworthy ones, but the safest ones are usually those "investment banks" that are owned by a big commercial bank, e.g. DBS Vickers (owned by DBS), OCBC Securities (owned by OCBC), UOB Kay Hian (owned by UOB), etc.

2. Which type of instrument should I deal with? Forex? Contra? or what?
3. Which market should I trade?
Sorry, but I really dont know much. But I would like something that is lower risk (maybe 5-6/10)
But if you want low risk, I think it would be better for you to open a simple fixed deposit account! haha

Simply because financial markets are HIGH risk!!
You can make A LOT of money if you're lucky, but you can also LOSE the same amount or more, even when it makes NO sense that you should be losing!
In other words, based on all the available fundamental and technical information, prices should rise, but in the short term, prices COULD fall and fall a lot for NO good reason! And only after that will the media "spin" some news to explain the madness, but by then, you might have lost not just a lot of money, but even your sanity for a few days!

So if you want to trade/invest in the financial markets, you have to be prepared for HIGH risk, especially if you're not rich (with "deep pockets", so to speak) to begin with; there is no "low" risk!

Of course, some stocks might seem to be "lower" risk, but the risk can still be quite high, and because they are "lower" risk, your potential profits would also be much less.

In any case, one thing for sure is that before you begin trading, you must mentally prepare yourself to lose ALL your capital if the market goes against you!
And if you do lose all your capital, you must be mentally strong enough not to despair, but to move on with your life...

I wouldn't want to be one of the causes of your potential suicide should you end up losing a large portion of your savings!

In conclusion, my advice is to stay away from the financial markets! haha

As for me, I've made a lot of money and I've also lost a lot of money, and in the end, I quit.
I've reached a point in my life, since some years ago, where I no longer need/want to worry about how much money I have anymore...
What that means exactly, I would rather not post in this forum! haha

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Haha, I had already guessed that was what you meant, but I didn't think it would be a good thing for you to start dabbling in the financial markets ...

What that means exactly, I would rather not post in this forum! haha[/SIZE]

Hi brother, thanks for the advice :biggrin: Hope everything is well for you. Just want to increase my earnings so that I can scoot out of sinkieland before I hit 40. 8 more years to go. Aussieland is a far far dream for me now. I spent 2 months in Perth looking for a job but was not successful. Vietnam is a real possibility since my wife is Vietnamese and her parents have been egging us to go back to take over their shop.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vietnam is a real possibility since my wife is Vietnamese and her parents have been egging us to go back to take over their shop.
Go for it then! :smile:
It seems to be a good idea since it seems that you're guaranteed strong moral support from close relatives...

In any country, STRONG moral support from family/relatives/friends is the top priority, in my opinion...
Much more important than money!
Because even if you somehow lose ALL your money, if you at least have family/relatives/friends who truly care about you, you can still survive and not despair...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Aussieland is a far far dream for me now.

Aussie isn't value for money anymore. The exchange rate and inflated housing and land prices have negated many of the advantages that I had when I made my move in the early 90s.

NZ is now a better option.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Go for it then! :smile:
It seems to be a good idea since it seems that you're guaranteed strong moral support from close relatives...

In any country, STRONG moral support from family/relatives/friends is the top priority, in my opinion...
Much more important than money!
Because even if you somehow lose ALL your money, if you at least have family/relatives/friends who truly care about you, you can still survive and not despair...

They are in a small town and not in the 2 big cities. I cannot see myself sitting at the shop everyday and counting motorbikes :biggrin:
We love Sapa in the north. Thought of setting up shop there. The only thing that stop us is, there is no school for our future children in the mountains.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aussie isn't value for money anymore. The exchange rate and inflated housing and land prices have negated many of the advantages that I had when I made my move in the early 90s.

NZ is now a better option.

Do you have any business associates that will take me in? I don't mind hard work.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
be very careful of his close associates bro. They are the ones that shout all sorts of scary stuff on this forum.

They may make a slave out of you.

Do you have any business associates that will take me in? I don't mind hard work.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no school for our future children in the mountains.
Not to offend you, but honestly, I wouldn't encourage you to have children... even if you're rich!

Are you trying to sell yourself to Leongsam? haha
Maybe if you're lucky, he could include you in his will! LOL

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not to offend you, but honestly, I wouldn't encourage you to have children... even if you're rich!

Are you trying to sell yourself to Leongsam? haha
Maybe if you're lucky, he could include you in his will! LOL

Im trying hard to get out of the current stalemate. I dont ask for much. Just a place whereby there is a good balance of life and work, nice environment to live. Both of us love children, but unfortunately still without one. I used to want 2. But now I just want 1 if I still remain in Singapore. This is not the place to raise the kids.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I thought this topic can also qualify as the same kind? haha

He is just jealous that he cannot make it to the SBF millionaire board. Don't zap me boss alamaking...
Everyone of us is a millionaire, when we ejaculate :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is just jealous that he cannot make it to the SBF millionaire board. Don't zap me boss alamaking...
Everyone of us is a millionaire, when we ejaculate :biggrin:
It makes sense that the mods not all are millionaires what... -.-"