• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RP - the party to watch for GE 2010

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I disagree. Mr Goh Meng Seng has been talked about much not just because he is a regular poster, but because NSP has been active and very engaging.

Look at their unique ministerial-specific election gambit and Malay Bureau. Not particular novel or revolutionary, but news-worthy nonetheless. NSP thus far has been organized and has pitched the right tone. They have struck a chord on the issues and that's what matters when it comes to votes.

Temasek Review has been very hot on SDP and Reform Party. One should question why they have paid scant attention to NSP, WP and SPP. Very selective reporting, if you ask me. But that's not the issue. TR can focus on whatever they like. From what they've done in the past in the forum, creating multiple nicks and spamming and such, I must say they have a very perculiar agenda. I can't get my grip on what it is they actually are.

Reform Party is headed by an arrogant brickbat who is not above engaging in rude verbal matches with netizens, calling nasty names to those who disagree with him, and being extremely immature and haughty. I've had enough of that guy. I do not want such an opposition to be held up as some kind of messiah, and to be allowed to develop a messiah complex like Old Man has.

As another fourmmer has once said not too long ago, RP is most likely a bubble tea fad that may fade soon if it does not secure an MP position. I believe another chap also mentioned that the entire party mechanism exists to give a single man -- Kenneth J. -- an electoral victory. Those are disturbing assessments (not that I'm saying they're necessarily completely accurate).

So far, a lot of discussion in this forum has been about the NSP. This is mainly because Goh Meng Seng is a regular poster. For this election, I think that RP is the party to watch. From the following article below, we can see the GRCs they have chosen to contest. These were definitely not "picked out of a hat" but chosen after a careful study of the demographics.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is not because KJ is a nice guy but because they have done their homework and chosen very good GRCs to contest in.

Its more like RP has ridden heavily on the backs of others.

Recent quagmire between RP and SDA is case in point. I believe the RP chief wants to get things on a silver platter and is trying his luck. It is not "just part of the negotiation" as he put it. Come on, these are two opposition parties bargaining for a common ground, not two cut-throat business competitors trying to wrestle the best mega-deal for themselves. KJ behaves as if RP was his personal hedge fund and his using cut-throat corporate bargaining strategies on unsuspecting folks like Chiam and Lina.

And he nearly got his way, if not for internal dissent.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. Mr Goh Meng Seng has been talked about much not just because he is a regular poster, but because NSP has been active and very engaging.

You speak exactly like one of the 66.6%. Well done. At least we know who you are.

Keep rooting for the PAP. They are tried and tested and you seem to love their brand of politics and socio-engineering. KJ can be ten times more haughty but he will never be as dirty as the PAP. THe PAP would rather hurt Singapore as long as they stay in power. That is the type of people that you deserve to rule over you.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Keep rooting for the PAP. They are tried and tested and you seem to love their brand of politics and socio-engineering. KJ can be ten times more haughty but he will never be as dirty as the PAP. THe PAP would rather hurt Singapore as long as they stay in power. That is the type of people that you deserve to rule over you.

We know the PAP's bad deeds because they have been given the reigns of power. We do NOT know how the opposition will fare if put in the same position.

Of all we know, KJ could turn out to be an LKY number 2. Similarly, do you know for sure that any opposition -- KJ, Chiam, Low, Lina, Chee, GMS, Steve Chia, etc, will not be as bad as PAP when put in a similar position?

No, none of us can know for sure. That's why we have to make our best guess. My best guess is that KJ is a horrible person to put into parliament.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Singaporeans want is to get alternative parties into parliament to test the calibre of PAP candidate, create a vibrant debates in parliament instead of the current sleepy parliament with everyone seen yawning and listless.

If we have alternative parties in parliament, we will not hear the words like:

Lesser Mortal
Singaporeans are daft
Singaporeans are chief grumbler
Singapore flood is a freaky event once in 50 years
Singapore flood caused by "intensed storms"
You want 3 meals in hawker, foodcourt or restaurant
Singapore pledge is higfalutin.

If we have alternative parties in government, we can save lots of cost by scrapping:

Minister without portfolio
Minister who sing cheaper, better and faster
Minister who want good, better and betterest
Minister who sang upturn the downturn like funeral song
Mentor minister
couple of Senior ministers
Ministers with multiple directorship

If we have alternative parties in parliament, PAP will have to think twice before they do parroting.

If we have alternative parties in parliament, we will not have lose billions of dollars in our reserve and CPF fund will not be locked out from the people.

If we have alternative parties in parliament, PAP will have to think thrice before implementing policies.

And the list of good things go on and on.......

Singapore has nothing to lose but more to gain with alternative parties as leaders in parliament. I can sleep well when the day comes.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please don't use alternative parties. nobody in US, UK or English speaking countries use alternative parties to describe their oppositions.

once you are not part of the ruling govt, you automatically became the oppositions, nothing shameful or wrong with that term.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know the PAP's bad deeds because they have been given the reigns of power. We do NOT know how the opposition will fare if put in the same position.

Of all we know, KJ could turn out to be an LKY number 2. Similarly, do you know for sure that any opposition -- KJ, Chiam, Low, Lina, Chee, GMS, Steve Chia, etc, will not be as bad as PAP when put in a similar position?

No, none of us can know for sure. That's why we have to make our best guess. My best guess is that KJ is a horrible person to put into parliament.

Yeah, people like you would rather vote for a group of people who call themselves elites,pay themselves exorbitant amounts of money, behave as if they are demigods, consistently put down the citizenry with uncouth remarks, have perpetual and total control over the mainstream media, control almost all aspects of political and civil society, deliberately provide ambiguous answers to pertinent questions or totally disregard them altogether, invite hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of foreigners into the country to displace local citizens and to lower wages here,

haha and the list goes on. And you problems with KJ?

At least KJ has asked for a more open media and toprotect jobs for Singaporeans. WIth an open media, it is difficult to rule with absolute power like the PAP. You are an immature person who doesn't understand politics.

Please stay away from politics and watch your mediacorpse drama. Those should keep you and your mind busy.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's promising to see RP doing alot of legwork in the West.

I plan to get a yellow shirt soon.

much more can be done online to spread awareness.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please stay away from politics and watch your mediacorpse drama. Those should keep you and your mind busy.

Kudos, these lines are very good. For people whose mind are so conditioned and sterile with a belief of fear for the unknown should do just that.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
please don't use alternative parties. nobody in US, UK or English speaking countries use alternative parties to describe their oppositions.

once you are not part of the ruling govt, you automatically became the oppositions, nothing shameful or wrong with that term.

I wonder who hatched such a term. Only this half baked democratic nation uses it I suppose.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore has nothing to lose but more to gain with alternative parties as leaders in parliament. I can sleep well when the day comes.

Concurred, if more can think along these lines then the hope of seeing a new dawn will be near.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look at their unique ministerial-specific election gambit and Malay Bureau. Not particular novel or revolutionary, but news-worthy nonetheless. NSP thus far has been organized and has pitched the right tone. They have struck a chord on the issues and that's what matters when it comes to votes.

Temasek Review has been very hot on SDP and Reform Party. One should question why they have paid scant attention to NSP, WP and SPP. Very selective reporting, if you ask me. But that's not the issue. TR can focus on whatever they like. From what they've done in the past in the forum, creating multiple nicks and spamming and such, I must say they have a very perculiar agenda. I can't get my grip on what it is they actually are.

Reform Party is headed by an arrogant brickbat who is not above engaging in rude verbal matches with netizens, calling nasty names to those who disagree with him, and being extremely immature and haughty. I've had enough of that guy. I do not want such an opposition to be held up as some kind of messiah, and to be allowed to develop a messiah complex like Old Man has.

As another fourmmer has once said not too long ago, RP is most likely a bubble tea fad that may fade soon if it does not secure an MP position. I believe another chap also mentioned that the entire party mechanism exists to give a single man -- Kenneth J. -- an electoral victory. Those are disturbing assessments (not that I'm saying they're necessarily completely accurate).

Once years back, WP gave the impression of online arrogance, with CEC members involved, causing the leadership to clamp down. It also created a perpetual enemy who was to found Temasek Review later and others in the SDP who were often compared to as "poorer opposition". Never mind that the WP members involved are all no longer members. The SDP affiliates struck back, but overdid it and then had LTB coming at their tails crazily.

Besides the minor details, the whole point is that RP in Facebook has today outdone many times WP in SBF back then on the arrogance meter, seemingly not learnt lessons. I'm surprised RP's affiliates use all kinds of non-existent factors, eg. legwork to distinguish RP being superior above the rest. I dare say RP does one of the least legwork among active opposition parties.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would just say, vote for any opposition including KJ. The "market" will self-correct once RP wins more seats. It already is - internally within his party and outside critics. If people within RP think they can do without a crazy Jeyaretnam, there's hope that RP can be institutionalised once KJ and others get elected.

It's also ideal not to let RP be the only opposition in Parliament. Let all 5 parties get elected into Parliament.

FUCK SDP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your already got your answer from the 1st sentence of your paragraph

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why is it that the opposition figure who is of the highest calibre is being berated by you supposed-opposition supporters? You prefer clowns like the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is it that the opposition figure who is of the highest calibre is being berated by you supposed-opposition supporters? You prefer clowns like the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan.

If you ever had the 'pleasure' of dealing with Kenneth you will understand where they are coming from.

The chip on his shoulder is massive and he will destroy anyone to get out from his father's shadow.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would just say, vote for any opposition including KJ. The "market" will self-correct once RP wins more seats. It already is - internally within his party and outside critics. If people within RP think they can do without a crazy Jeyaretnam, there's hope that RP can be institutionalised once KJ and others get elected.

It's also ideal not to let RP be the only opposition in Parliament. Let all 5 parties get elected into Parliament.

You must be a juvenile to think that the PAPies will rethink their ways simply because they lose a few seats or even a couple of GRCs! Even if they were to hold a majority of a single seat the PAP will continue to import in more foreign workers and new citizens. Whatever you disliked the PAP for today will be much worse as they go ahead full steam to obtain as many new votes from new citizens as possible.

Can't you tell that the PAPies have given up on the majority of Singaporeans. For them, the majority of Singaporeans are only useful as inputs to their economic machinery. BY importing so many new citizens they have been embarking on along term track to replace Singaporeans as the majority of voters.

We either vote them out of power in the next GE or forget about it in the future because they will have entrenched themselves for a further 15-25 years if they win the next GE!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be a juvenile to think that the PAPies will rethink their ways simply because they lose a few seats or even a couple of GRCs! Even if they were to hold a majority of a single seat the PAP will continue to import in more foreign workers and new citizens. Whatever you disliked the PAP for today will be much worse as they go ahead full steam to obtain as many new votes from new citizens as possible.

Can't you tell that the PAPies have given up on the majority of Singaporeans. For them, the majority of Singaporeans are only useful as inputs to their economic machinery. BY importing so many new citizens they have been embarking on along term track to replace Singaporeans as the majority of voters.

We either vote them out of power in the next GE or forget about it in the future because they will have entrenched themselves for a further 15-25 years if they win the next GE!

I'm noticing you're fast becoming Lockeliberal Part II - you seem to be replying based on something probably written elsewhere in some toilet door and nothing is coherent.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you ever had the 'pleasure' of dealing with Kenneth you will understand where they are coming from.

The chip on his shoulder is massive and he will destroy anyone to get out from his father's shadow.

At least he isn't a simpleton like WKS, LSS etc who go around boasting that they are elites and that is why they have to make difficult decisions for Singaporeans. What a pathetic bunch ridiculous simpletons the PAP are made up of. No class. No grace. No decency. No worthwhile knowledge. No accountability. Certainly not worth the ridiculous salaries they are receiving.

Without the media prostitutes, the PAP would have been finished a long time ago. There are so many gaps in their logic that very few even want to listen to them.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm noticing you're fast becoming Lockeliberal Part II - you seem to be replying based on something probably written elsewhere in some toilet door and nothing is coherent.

Typical PAPydog reply. Full of rhetoric but no substance.

You have consistently been a vile and incessant pain in the ass for the APs. I am glad that all can now see the true nature of your being here.

You are a typical 66.7% individual. You complain about the PAP and then you complain about the APs. And then later you go through the cycle again. THe problem is exacerbated by the fact that you have a very simple mind with simple thoughts.

GO and watch your mediacorpse dramas. They should keep you in good company. Politics, tactics and closing ranks are too much to ask for someone with your personality. You are a small fry but wants to think that he is a big fish. Wake up lah!

I am glad all can see you for what you are!