• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenchment

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
how long u have been retrenched, how u explain the hole in your resume, do pp think u r a bad performer, that why u got retrenched instead of your colleague.

Around two mths.it has been long since i go for proper interview.i am not very sure what ppl think,anyway they are not my gfs.someone has to go, if they want me to go,then go loh.:smile:

can I check with u, how your relationship with your colleague? my previous company -my boss brought her subordinates from ex-company. so they tend to get the carrot of everything., like to push the blame, teach new thing to their own pp all are bitches hope they all drop dead. i AM STILL very sore about whole thing. Not as cool as u.:p

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
can I check with u, how your relationship with your colleague? my previous company -my boss brought her subordinates from ex-company. so they tend to get the carrot of everything., like to push the blame, teach new thing to their own pp all are bitches hope they all drop dead. i AM STILL very sore about whole thing. Not as cool as u.

My relationship with colleague is still ok,i am onli sick of the fuckup system which is rotten to the core.as i am single with no debts and commitment,i try to challenge and ram fucking hard.i jolly well knows that its a matter of time b4 i kenna the axe.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i try to challenge and ram fucking hard.i jolly well knows that its a matter of time b4 i kenna the axe.[/QUOTE]

wat u mean? anyway me also expected the axe they need a scapegoat.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
how your new job? other than pay, how the career prospect?
Cant comment on new job yet, but it is only a job. What is important is looking for opportunities to upgrade youself. Prepare yourself for the possiblity of being fired again.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prepare yourself for the possiblity of being fired again.

Errh? Last in-First out.[/QUOTE]

u cannot discount that possibility. The company dont love u. U have no loyalty to the company.

How i wish there is some biz opp where i am the company.:o

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Errh? Last in-First out.

u cannot discount that possibility. The company dont love u. U have no loyalty to the company.

How i wish there is some biz opp where i am the company.:o[/QUOTE]

feel I am in depression. lost and worried about future. the retrenchment is like a scar on my career.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
the retrenchment is like a scar on my career.

what scar? crazy!!!

the company is not going to take care of u forever.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
the retrenchment is like a scar on my career.

what scar? crazy!!!

the company is not going to take care of u forever.

sure I know, I mean I have met people saying that retrenched pp are basically poor performer. If not why they choose u instead of your colleague who is doing the same work as u?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
sure I know, I mean I have met people saying that retrenched pp are basically poor performer. If not why they choose u instead of your colleague who is doing the same work as u?

that is no longer true.
if you lousy, your boss get rid of you.
if you too good, you are threat, your boss get rid of you.
if you are average, nobody can find reason to keep you, your boss get rid of you.
head office in US/Europe decide to close local operation, senior management get rid of both you and our boss.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is no longer true.
if you lousy, your boss get rid of you.
if you too good, you are threat, your boss get rid of you.
if you are average, nobody can find reason to keep you, your boss get rid of you.
head office in US/Europe decide to close local operation, senior management get rid of both you and our boss.

Work place is very political. You might click with your current colleagues but changes at the top & other departments is going to affect you. The longer you work at any place, the more likely your colleagues will be replaced, eroding your support network.

New bosses prefer to bring in their 'own' gang. Thats why social networking is important. Your network will keep you in touch with whats going on around and make you more popular i.e less likely to get chopped.

leesengfatt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work place is very political. You might click with your current colleagues but changes at the top & other departments is going to affect you. The longer you work at any place, the more likely your colleagues will be replaced, eroding your support network.

New bosses prefer to bring in their 'own' gang. Thats why social networking is important. Your network will keep you in touch with whats going on around and make you more popular i.e less likely to get chopped.

Is it true that those with high MC days will go first? I am worry for my GF. Thanks.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not just being retrenched personally that is depressing. Having to retrench your subordinates, even if your ricebowl is still stable (at least for a longer while) is also very stressful.. :(

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
ur better.

i lost my job, juz got my hse, no money to reno...too deep in debts...

so ur better.

Bro, dont give up. Hope u find job, stabilize and get out of debt.
Last time one army encik said these encouraging words……difficult. Yes. impossible. no. :smile: