• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenchment

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI,

How many of you out there have been retrenched and cannot find jobs? Stay at home and don't know wat to do?:mad:

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun stay at home, go drink kopi, network, go library, exercise..... the point is get out. Staying at home can be quite depressing for some after a while..... actually it's quite a good time to convert that 1 belly into 6 packs ;P

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to work ! I hate to work !
Jobless feel GOOD ! Jobless feel GOOD !

No Boss nagging, no office politic !
No curry favorite, no ball carrying !
No FT to fight, no dead line to meet !

I love Jobless, I love Jobless !

But, Who going to pay me ? Who going to pay me ?
Money not enough ! money not enough !

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate to work ! I hate to work !
Jobless feel GOOD ! Jobless feel GOOD !

No Boss nagging, no office politic !
No curry favorite, no ball carrying !
No FT to fight, no dead line to meet !

I love Jobless, I love Jobless !

But, Who going to pay me ? Who going to pay me ?
Money not enough ! money not enough !

Consider starting your own business?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun stay at home, go drink kopi, network, go library, exercise..... the point is get out. Staying at home can be quite depressing for some after a while..... actually it's quite a good time to convert that 1 belly into 6 packs ;P

Can also volunteer for the opposition to improve things in Spore :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I urged all supporters to join and help the opposition. The sky has changed and opposition parties are now a lucrative party where one should turn to in this time of the year.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal

I also kenna retrenched.
yah, dun stay at home whole day,play computer games. www.viwawa.com.
go gym,do something u normally dun have time or energy when working.

U

UpYoz_olo

I urged all supporters to join and help the opposition. The sky has changed and opposition parties are now a lucrative party where one should turn to in this time of the year.

Hate to rain on your parade... Remember Ling How Dong, Cheo et al?? Don't waste time lah. Better skill yourself and find a better life elsewhere. Look at our neighbours the Matland. After the 'Tsunami' self interest and wheel-dealing follows... Country in a bigger mess than before 'Tsunami'...

I know losers like youself have nothing to lose. But the average ah seng and ah huay have plenty to lose if the opposition gain a larger foothold.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know losers like youself have nothing to lose. But the average ah seng and ah huay have plenty to lose if the opposition gain a larger foothold.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Hello there, can you tell me what the average ah seng lost when Madam Ho lost all those billions :confused:

You do know that those billions are from taxpayers :rolleyes:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The body and mind can atrophy quickly with inactivity. So keep yourself occupied and physically active. Good luck for job search.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also kenna retrenched.
yah, dun stay at home whole day,play computer games. www.viwawa.com.
go gym,do something u normally dun have time or energy when working.

how long u have been retrenched, how u explain the hole in your resume, do pp think u r a bad performer, that why u got retrenched instead of your colleague.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
taking a break is ok, as time passed, got more and more depressed. Feel that life has got no meaning

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
HI,

How many of you out there have been retrenched and cannot find jobs? Stay at home and don't know wat to do?:mad:

I know how u feel. stayed at home for about 2months. after 1-2 week feel helpless n restless. so every morning apply for every job in jobstreet & jobdb. then go library to try relearn stuff from uni. evening go exercise. Now accepted a job that is much lower paying then my previous job, it is fresh grad pay.

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know how u feel. stayed at home for about 2months. after 1-2 week feel helpless n restless. so every morning apply for every job in jobstreet & jobdb. then go library to try relearn stuff from uni. evening go exercise. Now accepted a job that is much lower paying then my previous job, it is fresh grad pay.

how many years of experience do you have? did you go back to the same industry? I look at jobstreet and jobdb too. Not much response. Care to share how u manage to find a job?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 5year experience in electrical engineering, 6 years SAF before that. How i find a job? just lucky i guess, i go to jobstreet & jobdb click electrical engineering and anyhow whack all.

wusangui

Alfrescian
Loyal
how long u have been retrenched, how u explain the hole in your resume, do pp think u r a bad performer, that why u got retrenched instead of your colleague.

Around two mths.it has been long since i go for proper interview.i am not very sure what ppl think,anyway they are not my gfs.someone has to go, if they want me to go,then go loh.:smile:

escargot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have 5year experience in electrical engineering, 6 years SAF before that. How i find a job? just lucky i guess, i go to jobstreet & jobdb click electrical engineering and anyhow whack all.

how your new job? other than pay, how the career prospect?