• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Removing your livelihood if you can't pay your medisave, right or wrong?

8::::::D

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think its right to remove your livelihood licenses or stop your business renewal if for some unseen reasons, you are unable to pay your own medisave?

I got a friend whose mother fall sick, he spends over $30,000 cash on her medical bills as she doesn't have any insurance or medisave. Eventually, he couldn't pay his own outstanding medisave of around $7000, accumulated over the years and he has been paying diligently by installments.

Because of that, all his livelihood licenses and his business renewal were rejected. He is a degree holder in his fourties, but now, he is working as security supervisor earning $2200.

What wrong with Singapore system huh?

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why whine, grumble & complain? go see the MP, they say, "nobody will be left behind"...the foreigners working here do not face this problems of having their rice bowl smashed. We are the only country in this world that you go to jail & unable to make a living by OWING YOURSELF MONEY. That is you did not save!

Whom did she voted for?? enough said!...you get what one wish for..live with it!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why whine, grumble & complain? go see the MP, they say, "nobody will be left behind"...the foreigners working here do not face this problems of having their rice bowl smashed. We are the only country in this world that you go to jail & unable to make a living by OWING YOURSELF MONEY. That is you did not save!

Whom did she voted for?? enough said!...you get what one wish for..live with it!:biggrin:
see MP? they will tell u, "slowly pay until u are free again"

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Because of that, all his livelihood licenses and his business renewal were rejected. He is a degree holder in his fourties, but now, he is working as security supervisor earning $2200.

What wrong with Singapore system huh?

If he's allowed to get away with it, then others will start cooking up the same stories to avoid paying their bills.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here in the kingdom of LEE under the lee dynasty with lky as emperor....there's no right or wrong.
Only leegal or not leegal....never pay up to the lees is a death sentence.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what do you mean by get away???
Medisave is his own money OK?

Have you heard the saying that "possession is 3/4 of the law" :confused:

In Spore our CPF belongs to Ho Ching & Co. The only way to change this is to vote for an alternative party & if there is anything left, you may get it it back.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you heard the saying that "possession is 3/4 of the law" :confused:

In Spore our CPF belongs to Ho Ching & Co. The only way to change this is to vote for an alternative party & if there is anything left, you may get it it back.
ho ching? why

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is still gainfully employed earning $2.2k/mth. He is doing far better than the thousands of others who are jobless. Not sure what he is complaining about. :confused:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now you know why CPF is a ponzi scheme. you use your own medisave to help your mother but you have to top it up in future. you can never escape the system.

there are only 2 ways to get back all your CPF money. either migrate or die.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then 2.2k is good income to you? To survive in sinkieland? Enough for your medical bills?
So you decide for the chap if 2.2k enough for him?
What you make of miws' millions in salaries from our pockets?

Everything in life is relative. Even though I have very little I still count my blessings.

My doctor has given me perhaps another 6 months, and so I am at peace.

I don't blame anyone for my circumstances as I believe in divine fate and destiny. Others of course can disagree, and I respect their view...

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ask your friend to look for a new haven. What this place needs are millionaires and cheap workers. There is no middle ground.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everything in life is relative. Even though I have very little I still count my blessings.

I don't blame anyone for my circumstances as I believe in divine fate and destiny. Others of course can disagree, and I respect their view...
If you respect others view then dun judge that he is lucky to have a shitty job earning paltry $2.2k.
You too gong to blame pap that's your problem...you call that contented.....dun expect everyone should behave like you.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wish you the best possible 6 months ever. live well, die well.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to think that you led a meaning life despite the ups and downs during the course of your life. Say hi to Life_Of_Riley and Ramseth, all ex-forummers, if you see them. Both died in their primes.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkiepore cheaper to die than fall seriously
sick. If got six figures in Madisaves also will
be insufficient, they will dry u out till the
last cent.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to think that you led a meaning life despite the ups and downs during the course of your life. Say hi to Life_Of_Riley and Ramseth, all ex-forummers, if you see them. Both died in their primes.

someone once called me cynical. i thought it was a compliment. years later, i realized it wasn't.

that was 22 years ago.