• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Regret moving to Australia

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought this is the best place to live...10 months living in Sydney now wanted to go back home. Feeling lonely. Accomodation is so expensive. Starting a new life is not easy. Australia is a beautiful country. But, I missed PAP badly, 1/3 of the salary goes on tax. 50% of the remaining 2/3goes on rent. Electricity is very expensive...Can any one recomend a good shipping company to send our personal effects back to Singapore?

chey... and i thought the reason was due to racism.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Made a big mistake. I wish I could move back to Singapore which is probably the only country on earth with a competent government and sound economic policies.

Is there any reason why you could not move back to Singapore, if you claim that Singapore "is probably the only country on earth with a competent government and sound economic policies."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought this is the best place to live...10 months living in Sydney now wanted to go back home. Feeling lonely. Accomodation is so expensive. Starting a new life is not easy. Australia is a beautiful country. But, I missed PAP badly, 1/3 of the salary goes on tax. 50% of the remaining 2/3goes on rent. Electricity is very expensive...Can any one recomend a good shipping company to send our personal effects back to Singapore?

This is a dumb sinkee that can only live in sinkapore.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so which country on earth does not have needy?
didn't someone once said " If you are born poor its not your mistake, But if you die poor its your mistake"

idiots like yourself who does nothing except complaining non stop deserves to be poor!
Go get a proper job! :rolleyes:

Where to get a proper job when Pinoys, Ah Tiongs & Ah Nehs are stealing our jobs?????????

Stop being a traitor, serve your country by whacking the PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got a friend who decided to come back from Sydney after moving there for 3 months. His main reasons are that he could not adapt to the culture there. The folks are back home from work by 5 pm and go to bed at 8 pm. Whereas, in Singapore he havoc until midnight. I asked him why don't you go out for a run or go to the pub for a drink... he said all the shops close by 5.30 pm. And it is dangerous to go out on your own at night. At the place where he lived, a woman was mugged and killed a few weeks ago. So, people rarely want to go out after 6 pm.

Why he choose to live in a rough area? Leongsam said PAP asset enhancement programme has made him rich. Your friend didn't benefit from that scheme?

The cost of living is also darn high. One plate of fried rice costs $18 equivalent. More so, like you say, it can be pretty lonely living there.
Your friend got high class taste for food while living in a rough area.

Sinkapore is best for him lah ...when he doesn't want to use his brain.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A lot of people pay 33% in tax unless one is on very low income and have family and can get payment from gahmen,,,if one is single 33% quite easy to hit,,,I think its on 50K per month,,,alot of people are on that pay scale,,,so Oz is a bloody rip off,,they take the taxes and feed parasites like the Lindt Café bomber, boat people and now pinay parasites,,,

Just look at the article below,,,tax dollars at work,,like singkies giving scholarships to foreign trash,,,dumb ass aussies

Australia is a generous society. There is enough for all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But you are not here? Why are you in cursed California?

i am in bedok south or more correctly siglap. my usual haunt is the soy eu tua kopitiam on upper east coast road. if you don't believe, you can ask the kopitiam auntie there. she gave birth to a child late last year and should be back in the shop by now. no, i'm not the father of her kid.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has multiple personalities. He is too stingy to seek treatment.

one day she may be samantha and another day he may be sam. as for bruce, he has decided to flip totally and becum caitlyn.

image.jpg

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

go troll in the emigration forum , u dimwit. so neddy and that other nazi fucker in aussie can countertroll you to death

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any reason why you could not move back to Singapore, if you claim that Singapore "is probably the only country on earth with a competent government and sound economic policies."
This is one reason:
Since you're now saying you wish you "could" move back to Singapore, are you implying that you're NOT able?
confused.gif

Or are you seriously considering moving back?
wink.gif

If you do move back, please also consider becoming an MP, at least an independent one!
tongue.gif

Or you could found a new political party, Sammy Boy Party (SBP), just for fun!
biggrin.gif
The PAP has done such a fantastic job with asset enhancement that I cannot afford to move back.
But I thought you're a multi-millionaire? :confused:
Or you could at least rent a HDB flat from at least one of your many fans/supporters, right? :p
we can also have Singapore Sammyboys Party -surely win one!!!
I lied. I've been trying to talk big in order to boost my self esteem. On the internet you can be anything.
What if you're lying right now? :wink:
In which case, you're still a multi-millionaire, right? :p

Three years ago:
I claim to be a multimillionaire living in NZ but in reality I'm just a down and out sinkie living in a rented room in Toa Payoh.
When I sold the two apartments a few years later, I made a profit of more than half a million dollars which was a king's ransom at the time.
I've never owned an HDB flat in my life. Those are for poor people.
In Singapore, I managed to accumulate more than $900,000 in CPF. By making use of these funds for property investment, I made more than $1.5 million profit after I retired and the sums were done.
But yesterday, you said/implied that all the above are LIES, right?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Or are you STILL lying?
confused.gif
It's my on-line persona at work.
It is for this reason that I still have a large amount of money in my CPF account.
By the way, does this mean that you're still a CITIZEN of Singapore? :wink::p

But living as an "Investor" PR in NZ, of course:

Investor visa - investment visas | Move to NZ

Migrant Investment categories

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a mess :(:(:(

SINGAPORE - The Australian dollar weakened below parity against the Singapore dollar for the first time since 2002 on Monday morning.

One Australian dollar could buy $0.9981 Singapore dollars as at 11.20am on Monday.

The once-mighty Aussie dollar has been battered by slowing global demand for the country's commodities exports and a string of disappointing economic data in recent months.

The Aussie dollar on Friday slumped to its weakest level in six years against the US dollar as a gauge of Chinese manufacturing unexpectedly fell to the lowest in 15 months the most accurate forecaster of the currency cut its forecasts.

A slowdown in China has been a major contributor to the Australian dollar's weakness. Australia's mining and agricultural sectors make up a significant share of the country's economy, with the products to be exported mainly to the East Asian market.

Economists say the outlook for the Australian economy remains cloudy, particularly as the commodities boom that fuelled the country's growth in the decade to 2013 is now over.

Rating agency Standard & Poor's said it may lower Australia's credit rating if the country's budget does not improve.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i been living in Australia for 10 years now and became Australian the 4th year after we migrated and renouced my singapore citisenship one week later.

all i can say is not all can adapt living in Australia if u like crowded places and very fast life style and u have the 1st class mentality and u back home in singapore then it be very hard to adapt in Australia. ( when i was still in sg i got to know one manager she migrated to Australia and after 2 years later she came back to sg. well i not surprise she was very sombong (proud) person)

people will say the tax in Australia is high but they failed to say that their salary also is high because of mininum wages and to me these people are greedy and not contented. try the same job and work in singapore the salary is 3 times lower and even sg got "low" tax u get lesser then what u got in Australia salary.

the food price here can be $10 to $12 depend where u eat but the portion is huge i normally share with my wife (if i divide by two it is $5 or $6 dollar) and if i take away i at home i can eat lunch and dinner. i went back to sg and ate the same thing 5 years ago i ate the same thing and it cost me $3.50 the portion was really small that i need to buy another bowl so total is $7 dollar still i not full! i had to buy other food lol.( i not sure the price in sg goes up after 5 years)

i knew many sgrean (mostly ex sgrean) they are very contented living in Australia :smile:
for me i glad i migrated to Australia everyday is a blessing :smile: