• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recession-proof industry/ business/ job, a myth?

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm just wondering if there really is any industry/ business/ job that is lucrative & recession-proof at all? nobody can really get the best of both worlds, its either or. lucrative income, can also mean it has shorter lifespan, while little but stable income can last a little longer.

anybody care to share what kinda industry/ business/ job can survive recessions & financial down turns?

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
prostitution :biggrin:

i'm just wondering if there really is any industry/ business/ job that is lucrative & recession-proof at all? nobody can really get the best of both worlds, its either or. lucrative income, can also mean it has shorter lifespan, while little but stable income can last a little longer.

anybody care to share what kinda industry/ business/ job can survive recessions & financial down turns?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe anyone can absolutely "recession-proof" his/her career in sinkapore (except PAP ministers).

But I believe to survive in a small economy in the next decade, workers should be equiped with at least 2 skills that are complementary. eg. training & HR, IT & finance etc.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
The undertaking business will boom......I believe anyone going into it can look to going public by END 2009

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
When IRs open, it will be a franchise...I might setup office at the IRs, at MRT stations and at MArina

Anyone wan to work for me??? Come come dividends will be 20-30% projected

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
When IRs open, it will be a franchise...I might setup office at the IRs, at MRT stations and at MArina

Anyone wan to work for me??? Come come dividends will be 20-30% projected

my suggestion... dont go public. u will be kicking yourself for that cos temasick will come in and makan u up!!! dont franchise... why let others make the money when u can make it all on yr own???:biggrin:

let me know if u need a ball-carrying personal assistant, ya??? i have 30+ years of experience of looking at my ministers do it.:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

got! ...

南摩佬 ...

:p