• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ready to seize the world

Jaclyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a finance under grad ready to graduate next semester, I see the current turmoil as a great opportunity for me to strive and seize my great fortunes in the finance industry when I graduate.

Now that the old dead wood people are retrenched from the banks and investment companies, the injection of new blood such as myself into the finance industry will see another era of boom time soon - just in time for us to make our first fortunes.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
good luck.times will be tough.maybe you got no job for you. don't be so quick to condemn the dead wood. be humble lah.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck, you need it. Jobs for foreigners, leftovers for SG girls and fatally, #Variable# for NSmen.

Last edited:

Jaclyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impossible, the university has prepared us for this. We are the new blood and we will always be far more superior than others - dead wood or FTs

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear TS, dun be too quick to count your chicks when they've not hatched. the current turmoil is a clear indication that freshies gotta bend lower to get their 1st job, thanks to the advocacy of hiring more FTs.

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if you are chio you can try and become a masseuse

you don't need to have sex with clients, just good handjob at $20 to $30 will do

the hand that holds the cock rules the world

but if you are not chio then too bad can't be help, better to be a banker, not wanker

Jaclyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually if you are chio you can try and become a masseuse

you don't need to have sex with clients, just good handjob at $20 to $30 will do

the hand that holds the cock rules the world

but if you are not chio then too bad can't be help, better to be a banker, not wanker

How can you speak to a lady this way? Do you know I'm aspired to be the top chief executives of a huge bank? You better watch what you say!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a finance under grad ready to graduate next semester, I see the current turmoil as a great opportunity for me to strive and seize my great fortunes in the finance industry when I graduate.

Now that the old dead wood people are retrenched from the banks and investment companies, the injection of new blood such as myself into the finance industry will see another era of boom time soon - just in time for us to make our first fortunes.

Colour of your IC?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok, the world is awaiting you to seize the world:o

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old people and middle-age all holding on tight to their money.

Your avenue as a new graduate will be diminised as the days wear on ! The new generation don't give a shit

The government's last hope in graduates because they are obedient and docile and with indispensible salary .

Government just printing more money to pay you in some sheltered department thereafter in the hope that all of you will be buying up $600,000 housing.

Last edited:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impossible, the university has prepared us for this. We are the new blood and we will always be far more superior than others - dead wood or FTs

Correct, you are right!

University are preparing for your future, it will be in Geylang sooner even before your graduation.

Dont believe? Walk around and ask, how many are there university student and graduate running their own business.

All the best to you.:wink:

jw5

Loyal

Let us know here when you make your first million.

Jaclyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct, you are right!

University are preparing for your future, it will be in Geylang sooner even before your graduation.

Dont believe? Walk around and ask, how many are there university student and graduate running their own business.

All the best to you.:wink:

You are just living in your own world. My senior guy friend whom I am staying with is drawing at least 10k per month. He is also getting a big variable bonus this year.

I can foresee that I will be getting more than him as I am absolutely more capable and competent afterall I'm in the top tier Honours class.

tpking

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just living in your own world. My senior guy friend whom I am staying with is drawing at least 10k per month. He is also getting a big variable bonus this year.

I can foresee that I will be getting more than him as I am absolutely more capable and competent afterall I'm in the top tier Honours class.

so sad, u are only good for "$#@&" i prefe to employ your guy frd, i am the CEO of a Financial Institution. Kekeke

mwjng

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you harbour high aspirations, do keep it to yourself or amongst your trusted circle. It serves no purpose to declare it here.

I am a global headhunter. Given what I have read from your posts, my humble suggestions are the following:

1. The banking industry is undergoing severe transformation and whilst it "may" give rise to opportunities but as a fresh grad, you are severely disadvantaged (esp if you graduate from local universities). The primary reason is because your prospective employer will receive not only your honours degress in Finance, they will receive CVs from FTs who have double degrees, in finance/accounting plus law. It is very common for them to have double business degrees and coupled with an MBA from universities in Australia, US and UK, you would have to be extremely optimistic that you are selected before them. Local fresh grads need to be careful they do not have "a frog in a well" mentality.

2. If you have a 'senior boy friend' who is experienced in the banking sector, then you should have already learned that in the banking industry, almost every young executive is a AVP (asst vice president). You can only make it if you are MD or SVP, EVP of a reputable bank. The banking world is a mini cartel of sorts and network and business connections are valued for their trust and dependency. Pls think how you are able to strike a chord with the HR dept when you are competing for the same job with more experienced banking professionals.

3. Get a graduate degree. Go for an MBA now during the financial downturn and you will not miss much. If possible, get one from the more reputable universities (which automatically excludes our local uni), like Harvard, LSE or Stanford. It is not just the paper qualifications but you will be rubbing shoulders with your fellow classmates of whom some will have their family or business background to do well in the US banking industry and together you will rise up the corporate ladder.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello Jaclyn,

The truth is, you are the one having a day-dreaming in your own world. :rolleyes:

To earn fast money $10k p/m, is not difficuilt especially for a lady, you being a fresh graduate, as a start for fast money, all you have to do is get yourself dress-up either work in KTV and get promoted to be mamasan or run on your "business = freelance" in geylang.:biggrin:

I'm sure if you perform well, you'll gain more benefit from your regulars and get more recommendation through your regular contacts.:biggrin:

Now stop being boastful, If you are serious about your career, stop your $10k day-dream until your performance found above good by your employer. To jump another boat for better pay, you need to associate outside your office people to get to know big bosses and for them to get to know your professional knowledge and achievement.:rolleyes:

People say hor, if fresh grad can get starting pay $4k can laugh one corner liao.

Anyway, if you intend to start in "freelance", please come back here, I'm sure forummers will be delighted to get the 1st queue.:biggrin::biggrin:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is sad to tell you that as a fresh graduate your chance of getting a job is much much slimmer than those your so-called 'old-wood' whom have more experience and skills than you :biggrin: