• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rant

Belgarath

Alfrescian
Loyal
“You think I’m the only one anxious to make money? Go ask other young people, who’s not anxious? By the time I finish serving the nation and graduate from university, I’ll be 23, 24 years old. In a blink of an eye, I’ll be 30. In these few years, I need to get married; buy a house, start a family with kids; how is that possible without money? A flat now costs at least $300,000 to $400,000. Let’s talk about basic daily expenses…For someone working in the CBD, who takes two or three train trips, sometimes when you’re in a hurry; you take a cab, just transportation fees itself will cost $6-$7. Even the cheapest lunch cost up to $5-$6, a cup of coffee cost $6-$7 at a cafe! Never mind that, the government wants us to get married and set up a family early, but I’ve to get girlfriend first right? If I don’t bring her out for meals, movies, overseas trips once in a while and buy her branded items occasionally, nobody would want me even if I look as good as a celebrity. Some people have to go to university, take loans and even give the family an allowance. A wedding banquet cost $1000 and above for a table. A wedding photo shoot is $3000 to $4000. All this costs money, money, money! Our generation don’t ask for a luxurious lifestyle. Just to maintain our basic expenses, we have to go out and earn more money. I’m sure you don’t want your son to end up asking you for money to throw a wedding banquet or to buy a flat when he is starting a family. Yes, I agree my methods may be extreme and I’m in the wrong. But the fault is not in me, it is caused by the society.”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/tv-clip-went-viral-080115822.html

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Some people have to go to university, take loans and even give the family an allowance. A wedding banquet cost $1000 and above for a table. A wedding photo shoot is $3000 to $4000. All this costs money, money, money! Our generation don’t ask for a luxurious lifestyle. Just to maintain our basic expenses, we have to go out and earn more money.

A photo shoot costing $3000 is a "basic expense"???? :eek:

Sinkies bring new meaning to the word "basic".

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Join the rats or the alternative is to migrate to Australia to lead a more happy life, provided you have the brains.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dun always have to follow like everybody else!

Because everyone were created for different purposes!

Otherwise we are no different from a collective robots!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A photo shoot costing $3000 is a "basic expense"???? :eek:

Sinkies bring new meaning to the word "basic".

Well, you do have to splurge to show your love. Your future in-laws would be annoyed too if you are penny pinching on wedding expenses. :wink:

The same goes for other related rituals e.g. your wedding ring must cost N times your monthly salary, you must pay ang pow money to the 'sisters' who stop you from collecting your bride.

Modern marriage is a degrading, emasculating ritual to extract much wealth from men, in exchange for a legal vagina which takes your name. I don't see the value in it.

[video=youtube;pBSj3DUI2to]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBSj3DUI2to[/video]