• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prataman Guai Lan!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 03 Dec 2009
Prata shop refused to accept 5-cent coins; I had to pay with $1000 note

prata_shop_refuses_to_accept-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Jason was unimpressed when he was told by a prata shop man that they did not accept 5-cent coins. He was then made to pay off the remaining 10 cents of his bill with his $1000 note, receiving $999.90 in change.

The STOMPer recounts his experience:

"This happened on Tuesday December 1 around 9.30pm at Al-Ameen Eating House, BUkit Timah.

"I purchased a packet of the 'teh tarik' which cost $1.20, I paid the cashier a $1 coin, $0.10 coin & 2 $0.05 coins which happened to be my remaining coins.

"The man at the counter return me the 5 cents coins and said, 'we do not accept 5 cents here and demand that I pay that 10 cents'.

"There is no article that 5 cents are not accepted and it is still valid in Singapore, why reject it and set your own rules?

"And why complain to the consumer, shouldn’t he be yelling at the government sector that producing our mint?

"I do not have any cash at the moment except for a $1000 note.

"He insisted I paid him using that $1000 note for 10cents, he took some time and return me $999.90.

"How would you feel as a paying customer? I felt so disgusted and pissed-off by his actions and he even gave me an attitude, where is the customer service etiquette?

"Are stalls allowed to set their own rules that only certain coins are accepted?"

pedit2-data.jpg

Keywords: poor service

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is an offence to not accept Singapore government's legal tender notes or coins as commercial transaction payment in Singapore. Report him to MAS.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only is the prataman kwai lan..

$1.20 for a pkt of teh tarik:confused: NB this only only rdside koiptiam u know.. not even foodcourt charge so high...

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is this shop so special? Want to kwailan? Got guts go and kwailan with the govt because it is the law of the land that 5 cts coins are legal tender. It is not 1 ct coin! He'd better wake up his farking idea! Got business only so howlian! :oIo:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is an offence to not accept Singapore government's legal tender notes or coins as commercial transaction payment in Singapore. Report him to MAS.

hi there

1. bro, you are absolutely right on the "legal tender" thing.
2. even if the crap shop put up some crap signal, it does not work.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy should have have just throw the 2 five cents coin at the prataman and just leave. Challenge the prataman to call police if he make noice.

He is s a real dumb ass and a pushover. Somemore pay with $1000 billl when the prataman told him so. Kenna bully like a schoolboy by a prataman and still got the face to report to stomp. Reminds me of the other dumb ass lady who paid $5 for 2 drinks and dare not ask for money back.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is this shop so special? Want to kwailan? Got guts go and kwailan with the govt because it is the law of the land that 5 cts coins are legal tender. It is not 1 ct coin! He'd better wake up his farking idea! Got business only so howlian! :oIo:

yeah the other guy are right
all coins are not legal tender