• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

please take care bros

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
opposite this restaurant is a coffeeshop with the famous geylang lor 29 hokkien mee. use charcoal to fry. further down is the jalan sultan prawn noodle soup.

Yes.. The Jalan Sultan Prawn noodle shop just opposite the petrol kiosk.. Another good place for some drinks and makan would be this place called 2 Fat Men just besides the Prawn noodle shop.. No iritating young Ah Bengs chilling out there. Mature crowd mostly there..

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.. The Jalan Sultan Prawn noodle shop just opposite the petrol kiosk.. Another good place for some drinks and makan would be this place called 2 Fat Men just besides the Prawn noodle shop.. No iritating young Ah Bengs chilling out there. Mature crowd mostly there..

used to be first famous 茶餐厅 in sg, 3 shop in a roll if never remember wrongly. open from 6pm to 4am.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have always given thought to going to phnom penh but have yet to take some positive steps. How's the seafood there bro?

What's stopping you? Silkair, Jetstar and now Tiger flies to Phnom Penh with fares lower than $100 return sometimes, and just 1 hour 40 mins or so.

A good and clean budget hotel costs as low as USD15/night, beers in the $1.50 (half that during Happy Hour), a Ladies' Drink at $3.00, barfine $10 or less, ST $25+, LT $40+, cheap ciggies (I smoke Winston - $5 a carton! non duty free), cheap wines, cheaper whiskys (Black Label $30/L, Blue Label $36/L, Jameson $11.50/L), Anchor beer $11.00 a ctn of 24x330ml.

Singapore and Malaysian restaurants serve the usual fares at about $3.50 and lots of Italian, American, Mainland China, Taiwanese, Indian restaurants etc around.

Unfortunately seafood here sucks, PP being an inland city and the sea is 200 kms away. However their river fishes are plentiful and cheap. Patin is one of my favorites, toman is next. You could eat large oysters at many of their beer gardens at about a dollar each, and here beer goes for as cheap as $1.25 a jug or $4.50 a tower.

A new restaurant just opened a month ago, Geylang House, on St 178 between Mornivong and Norodom, serves Black Pepper crab or some semblance of Singapore zhi char fares. Owner is a local Cambodian Chinese who has stayed in SG and the chef a Malaysian.

Knock yourself silly with $3 per hour of massage. Get $3 'branded' polos at Central Market or Russian Market.

I could go on.....

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
ah bro....now my interested fanned into flame again. Let me look into this after the New Year. I travel with my wife though, so heavy duty drinking/bar fines are all out of the question...

It will be mainly makan and a little shopping.

What's stopping you? Silkair, Jetstar and now Tiger flies to Phnom Penh with fares lower than $100 return sometimes, and just 1 hour 40 mins or so.

Knock yourself silly with $3 per hour of massage. Get $3 'branded' polos at Central Market or Russian Market.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah bro....now my interested fanned into flame again. Let me look into this after the New Year. I travel with my wife though, so heavy duty drinking/bar fines are all out of the question...

It will be mainly makan and a little shopping.

If makan is a priority, here are a few recommendations-

New York Steakhouse probably has the best steaks in town. Their beef is properly aged, 30 days I think. Good selection of wines. A bit steep but you'll not find this quality/price in SG.

Without a doubt Hachi at the Sofitel is the best Japanese in PP. A couple of rungs down Wasabi on St 169 just off the main Kampuchea Krom offers the best all-you-can-eat ala carte Japanese buffet. Teppanyaki, sashimi, sushi, the works, in a nice setting.

Cambodian restaurants? I don't really go for it as I find they are too reliant on sugar and MSG, but fish amok is often touted as a must-try. It's a little like our otak, you know, lemongrass, turmeric, coconut milk. Lots of their cuisine is flavored with prohok, much like belacan but made from fermented fish instead of shrimps. Quite pungent but if masked with lots of basil, sawleaf coriander, is actually quite palatable.

Quite a number of Chinese restaurants here, some Cambodian-Chinese run, many from Hong Kong, lots of smaller Mainland ones. For good wonton noodle, try Sam Too close to Phsar Thmet (Central Market), their dim sum is not too bad. Tai Tai, Porkei, along Mornivong are popular destinations for both expats and locals. Game is offered but it's a hush hush game only for those in the know.

There are a handful of Singapore & Malaysian restaurants - Klang Boy near Phsar Thmey, Nanyang at Casa Hotel, Asian Spice at St 111, Hometown on St 154 close to the Golden Sorya Mall (not Sorya Shopping Ctr although they're quite close by), Sophia on St 180, and a few more not far from the entrance of to the Pochengtong Airport.

On the riverside something you'll never find in SG - Happy Pizza. What makes the pizzas happy? A certain herb which is sprinkled on as a topping. Choice of Happy, very Happy or delirious.

Go to http://www.canbypublications.com/phnompenh/pprest.htm and check out the rest.

Cheers

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thank you bro.

New York Steakhouse probably has the best steaks in town. Their beef is properly aged, 30 days I think. Good selection of wines. A bit steep but you'll not find this quality/price in SG.

Without a doubt Hachi at the Sofitel is the best Japanese in PP. A couple of rungs down Wasabi on St 169 just off the main Kampuchea Krom offers the best all-you-can-eat ala carte Japanese buffet. Teppanyaki, sashimi, sushi, the works, in a nice setting.

Go to http://www.canbypublications.com/phnompenh/pprest.htm and check out the rest.

Cheers

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
On the riverside something you'll never find in SG - Happy Pizza. What makes the pizzas happy? A certain herb which is sprinkled on as a topping. Choice of Happy, very Happy or delirious

ooo... poppy seed pizza? or pizza with marijuana?

KKNBHCB

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Lan Zhou noodle here is Phnom Penh on Mornivong Blvd costs only USD 1.25, very popular not because it's cheap, nor the novelty of seeing noodle made from a lump of dough by a few flicks of the wrists, but because it taste absolutely delicious.

Bro, are you the same person who wrote about your sexventure in China some time ago in the sister forum?