• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pet lovers, please come in!

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battleangel, can't agree more. We must always stay vigilant because after we stay here for a few months, we start to feel comfortable and get careless.
A lot of us here are looking forward to our new homes. =] It's a place filled with our hopes. Will definitely get a doggie when our place is completed. I love them but just feel that it's unfair to have one now. I'm so busy still and don't think I can even commit to daily walks yet. Doggies not as independent as kitties after all.

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not every place in Malaysia is dangerous, my dad's hometown is one place that we can simply left car keys in the cars and it will never got stolen. It's a small village and all neighbours are fully alert if there are strangers around the neighbourhood, keeping the place safe. Unfortunately JB and most city/town in Malaysia are not safe. I lived alone in KL for a few years, and I have a list of do and don't not to become another crime victim. I'm not trying to frighten you ladies, but i wish to share for your own safety. (Some of them make me look like I'm a paranoid...cant' help I'm kiasi..haha)

- In any public car park, never park my car next to van (kidnapper normally use van)
- never put soft toys or decorate my car with girlish stuff - it's telling the criminal it's a lady's car; they can simply wait for us there.
- never use mobile phone while walking on the street
- never put mobile phone on the table in the restaurant/cafe (always do the opposite in SGP though)
- never use handbag without zipper (keep your LV neverfull in Singapore :p)
- when reach home, make sure your autogate CLOSE first before get out from from your car. Most robbers will try to get in during that time. If the robbers manage to come in before the autogate close, I won't hesitate to run over them by car.
- remind family members at home, never open the door unless the autogate is close. (ask them no need to open the door waiting for me when I reach home). If the robbers managed to get thru the gate, at least we are not worry about the safety of the family locked safely behind the door; while we can speed off with car.
- No matter how lovely the weather outside at night, especially late night - try not to sit on the patio outside welcoming robbers. I heard many cases liau. So, I decided to extend my balcony and enjoy fresh air there instead...safer.
- Ask yourself how easy for one to climb over your gate, if you can do it easily - so are the robbers. I plan to install a higher gate and fences. At least delay them from entering the house in a split second.
- while driving at night, if someone hit you don't bother to stop. Just speed off!! The risk not worth it.
- if you get stopped by police at night, just wind down your car window enough to pass ID or card.Keep the door locked and never fully wind down your car window.

Last edited:

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battleangel, can't agree more. We must always stay vigilant because after we stay here for a few months, we start to feel comfortable and get careless.
A lot of us here are looking forward to our new homes. =] It's a place filled with our hopes. Will definitely get a doggie when our place is completed. I love them but just feel that it's unfair to have one now. I'm so busy still and don't think I can even commit to daily walks yet. Doggies not as independent as kitties after all.

Agree! Dogs are clingy...hahaha.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not every place in Malaysia is dangerous, my dad's hometown is one place that we can simply left car keys in the cars and it will never got stolen. It's a small village and all neighbours are fully alert if there are strangers around the neighbourhood, keeping the place safe. Unfortunately JB and most city/town in Malaysia are not safe. I lived alone in KL for a few years, and I have a list of do and don't not to become another crime victim. I'm not trying to frighten you ladies, but i wish to share for your own safety. (Some of them make me look like I'm a paranoid...cant' help I'm kiasi..haha)

- In any public car park, never park my car next to van (kidnapper normally use van)
- never put soft toys or decorate my car with girlish stuff - it's telling the criminal it's a lady's car; they can simply wait for us there.
- never use mobile phone while walking on the street
- never put mobile phone on the table in the restaurant/cafe (always do the opposite in SGP though)
- never use handbag without zipper (keep your LV neverfull in Singapore :p)
- when reach home, make sure your autogate CLOSE first before get out from from your car. Most robbers will try to get in during that time. If the robbers manage to come in before the autogate close, I won't hesitate to run over them by car.
- remind family members at home, never open the door unless the autogate is close. (ask them no need to open the door waiting for me when I reach home). If the robbers managed to get thru the gate, at least we are not worry about the safety of the family locked safely behind the door; while we can speed off with car.
- No matter how lovely the weather outside at night, especially late night - try not to sit on the patio outside welcoming robbers. I heard many cases liau. So, I decided to extend my balcony and enjoy fresh air there instead...safer.
- Ask yourself how easy for one to climb over your gate, if you can do it easily - so are the robbers. I plan to install a higher gate and fences. At least delay them from entering the house in a split second.
- while driving at night, if someone hit you don't bother to stop. Just speed off!! The risk not worth it.
- if you get stopped by police at night, just wind down your car window enough to pass ID or card.Keep the door locked and never fully wind down your car window.

I usually wear simple attire (aka tees n flipflops) and carry a canvas bag, no blings or branded when i go jb for movie, makan and relaxing thai massage. I do have a hello kitty and iphone plush toys on my backseat thou :p

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh sorry for not introducing me.. im a single dragon and my avatar pic is my 7 yr old furkid... currently still residing in sg but i do chiong jb once a week for the fresh air and cheap everything.. everybody loves a good deal ain't it :p

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh sorry for not introducing me.. im a single dragon and my avatar pic is my 7 yr old furkid... currently still residing in sg but i do chiong jb once a week for the fresh air and cheap everything.. everybody loves a good deal ain't it :p

single male dragon ? means u r 24 or 36 yrs old this yr ?

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like to share this taken from FB, please share to your friends who are thinking of getting a pet
Thanks all!

MDDB.jpg

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm looking for a pet hotel for my cat. No thanks to pet shops providing cages for your pets and call theirs a pet hotel, if you know what I mean. I'm only looking for one which must be clean, good quality and professionally run. Preferably enclosures instead of cages. Any recommendations?

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I'm looking for a pet hotel for my cat. No thanks to pet shops providing cages for your pets and call theirs a pet hotel, if you know what I mean. I'm only looking for one which must be clean, good quality and professionally run. Preferably enclosures instead of cages. Any recommendations?

Replying to my own question haha. Anyway, I will post here in case any pet owner may find it useful info. I found out that Global Pets (google them) has a 6-star pet resort located in Bukit Indah. Look really nice (on the company website) but its only for dogs. For cats, I've to go their Kolam Air or Mutiara Mas branches. From the pics, the cattery there doesn't look as nice as the BI facilities, although it's still better than most other places. Most importantly, they use enclosures and not cages :p I have yet to go to look at all 3 places personally.

Last edited:

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to find out here has any owner keep dog in their condo/apartment?

If I'm not wrong, you are not supposed to keep pets in condos. But from what I read from other forum, there are people who do so. Chances are higher if it's a little dog, kept indoors, doesn't bark constantly to disturb neighbors, no malay neighbors, then perhaps you can get away with it if condo owner is fine with it. You might also want to ask rental agents for help with pet-friendly condos.

spike

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm not wrong, you are not supposed to keep pets in condos. But from what I read from other forum, there are people who do so. Chances are higher if it's a little dog, kept indoors, doesn't bark constantly to disturb neighbors, no malay neighbors, then perhaps you can get away with it if condo owner is fine with it. You might also want to ask rental agents for help with pet-friendly condos.

Thanks Sunriver, will check it out.

Katfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simmo 20.07.2013 & 20.08.2013-page-002.jpgTico 20.07.2013 & early August-page-001.jpg

hi all and Crystal, here are my puppies pictures. Now one is 10kg, another one is 8.8kg. can't wait to bring them for swimming and the park! :smile:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

See the last paragraph:
http://www.mahsing.com.my/buyingtips_foreigners.htm

Hope this helps.