• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP says HDB flats more affordable now. HAHAHAHA

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why all his statement is "after grant" ? Is it so easy can get grant ? I never got any fucking grant before, why is that so ?

I received more plenty of grants from the PAP when I was running a business in Singapore. We had training grants, equipment upgrading grants and R & D grants. I applied for the lot. It was a smooth process facilitated by the EDB.

That's why I've always maintained that the PAP is the best. They helped me in so many ways.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Liquidate and buy a real home in NZ for 400k for fark if you can't get to stay there due to tough foreign migration policies.

The policies aren't tough plus there are lot of loopholes. If you need help with your residency application, Google "Tuariki Delamere". He'll get you your PR in no time at all.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I received more plenty of grants from the PAP when I was running a business in Singapore. We had training grants, equipment upgrading grants and R & D grants. I applied for the lot. It was a smooth process facilitated by the EDB.

That's why I've always maintained that the PAP is the best. They helped me in so many ways.

No wonder you have been praising PAP like god. :biggrin:
I never had any fucking grants being granted This is double standard :mad:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder you have been praising PAP like god. :biggrin:
I never had any fucking grants being granted This is double standard :mad:

yes it takes a certain amount of prostate licking and grasslooting to gain that amount of grants.u can tell leongsam is a seasoned pro.

AaronKwok

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah lao.....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bay area will be more in line with private home prices in sg, as good-sized single family homes (sg's definition of bungalow) with its own lot and no shared walls are going for usd3m to usd4m in sf. townhomes in sf are going for usd1.5m while 2-bedroom condos can easily sell for usd1m.

while i agree that in sf, owners have a grant deed and truly own their homes and in sg, hdb flat "owners" don't legally own their homes as tenants lease them from the hdb, sinkies should consider themselves lucky for having affordable flats to live in compared to other world class cities with jobs, vibrance and increasing demands for housing: e.g. hk, london, tokyo, sf, etc.

whether they legally own their flats is not the issue, but having the long term provisions in place by a gov to placate private owners of land via the lta and repurposing the land for public housing at affordable prices is. unlike commie regimes in north korea or cuba, sg cannot give away the farm for free, and charging nominal prices below market rates is the right thing to do. even if it's a long term lease at 99 years, there's value and equity over the course of several decades at least. a sinkie hdb-lessee retiree going to nz to buy a real home at $400k can easily liquidate and make $400k from the "sale" of his hdb flat, for example. where else in the world can you find a lessee making so much money from "reselling" his 99-year lease?

that is basically the essence of what sam is saying. his logic is not twisted.

You are not 'investing' in a home when you buy your HDB flat. At the most, you have 60 years of lease to recoup your investment. It just happen that we are in a bubble for the last few years thanks to cheap money and the free flow of prs buying hdb flats ...that bubble will burst and sinkees will start to feel poor and even see negative equity on their pigeon hole. When that time comes, sinkees won't feel that fortunate.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are indeed very lucky. In NZ, it is impossible for a young couple to get a decent home for anything less than $400,000 and they 20% of the purchase price in cold hard cash as banks are restricted to loaning not more than 80% of the value of the homes.

As a result the majority are stuck in the rental market with little hope of owning their own home.

And they keep the house forever ...can pass on to the next generation. HDB flat ...after 60 years, worth little. And you have to pay mid-term for 'upgrading' ....no choice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are not 'investing' in a home when you buy your HDB flat. At the most, you have 60 years of lease to recoup your investment. It just happen that we are in a bubble for the last few years thanks to cheap money and the free flow of prs buying hdb flats ...that bubble will burst and sinkees will start to feel poor and even see negative equity on their pigeon hole. When that time comes, sinkees won't feel that fortunate.

thanks to astute tweaking of policies by the pap, property bubbles should not burst in sg. they may inflate and deflate, but not burst. the same thing cannot be said about oppos in power. the day when oppos cum to power in sg, they may kill the golden goose.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And they keep the house forever ...can pass on to the next generation. HDB flat ...after 60 years, worth little. And you have to pay mid-term for 'upgrading' ....no choice.

in the u.s., passing on a property to the next generation will incur an inheritance tax and a gift tax. most families with means and knowledge keep their properties in living trust, so as not to pay tax or subject them to probate. unfortunately, siblings who are beneficiaries of the trust do not see eye to eye and either want their share in cash by liquidating and paying taxes, or if taxes are beyond their means, give it up to the state or charity.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually hor i dont understand,why PAP dont create a housing boom like USA did back in 2002 to 2007?

afterall they claim what housing prices in SG can only go up up up,so open a housing loan agency and loan to any tom dick harry who wants to own a home but cant afford it.....i work at mcdonalds,lend me 1 million so i can buy two 5 room flat,and sell 5 years later when prices go up to 650k,for 1.3 million,a handsome profit of 300k.

u gotta be stupid not to lend me the money when i can make 300k guaranteed profit in 5 years.its like a 100% sure win bet.oh also,in case u are worried should the housing market "crash" god forbid and i cant pay u back cause i work at mcdonalds,u can also take out insurance on the housing loan,and sell it to the banks as Credit default swaps.then DBS and OUB can sell the credit default swaps to any daft and stupid sinkies who wants to invest in it,can also open CPF up for investment.