• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Open letter to Mr Philip Jeyaretnam

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ram's

They were more like. " Your father was a good man", " You are good men, men of talent, we recognized there and you have made a success in SG." After that its hint and wink :_)). A tasteless letter in my view but not because of the hint and wink.

The letter from the WC is just plain direct.

Locke

Apparently, PAP has already jumped in with blatant overtures on the first two days with Vivian B. and Indranee R. This is a political battlefield. You hold your fire and you'll get shot. Giving the family space is admirable, but don't give your enemy time and space.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a fair statement unlike your good friend Lockeliberal who is fast becoming a PAP lackey if not already one.

jw5

Loyal
Honest question - do you think JBJ's sons and his family think that his sacrifice was worth it? Do you think they feel that Singaporeans (an apathetic, indifferent and passive lot) are actually DESERVING of the huge sacrifices that their father made, without asking for anything in return??

I am not even JBJ's family member, and I honestly feel that Singaporeans did not deserve him. They deserve people like Wee Siew Kim, Lee Bee Wah and Lim Boon Heng, they do not deserve someone as selfless and compassionate as JBJ.

Why? Because Singaporeans are hypocrites - they supported JBJ in their hearts, yet they shunned and avoided him everytime they saw him in public selling his books, during those lonely and difficult years of bankruptcy. They supported JBJ in their minds, yet they voted for the PAP in election after election, bought over by the promise of upgrading.

After seeing their father go through so many personal tribulations for the benefit of these hypocritical and ungrateful people, do you think they would want to take up the cross that he carried???

During JBJ's worst years of his life, how many people actually offered him their help, after all that he did for the country?
You're right, Singkieporeans are not worth it.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to see Philip take over his father's legacy, but have u spare a thought on what philip wants?

we talk abt democracy and freedom of choice, but here, it seems u guys refuse to give others a choce and yet insisted that others follow ur will

democracy indeed.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want to see Philip take over his father's legacy, but have u spare a thought on what philip wants?

we talk abt democracy and freedom of choice, but here, it seems u guys refuse to give others a choce and yet insisted that others follow ur will

democracy indeed.

Democracy indeed. Keeping quiet and leaving him alone, or talk to him and present him with a choice?

I think none of us knows what Philip J. wants at this moment.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth

More about decency and timing and the milk of human kindness in leaving a family to grief to come to terms with their loss and then to decide on their next step whatever it may be. Democracy would support both choices, decency would mean making the call but at an appropriate time. Not confused but perhaps "cuntfused"

Cheers

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Namqiong

Perhaps a lackey however you chose to define it, but definitely a lackey "lacking" in wife stealing and husband stealing abilities, cloning and a propensity to use clones for swiftboating attacks on career, job ability and marriages , a lack shall we say of an ability to overestimates one's political abilities versus ambitions and most definitely a lack of an ability to overestimate one's academic credentials and ability versus that of one's peers. All these this " lackey's" lacks versus you and your group which have demonstrated it in huge quantities and might I add with petty small minded vengefulness.

Locke

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Democracy indeed. Keeping quiet and leaving him alone, or talk to him and present him with a choice?

I think none of us knows what Philip J. wants at this moment.

I say: leave him alone.

the man just lost his father and i do not think any additional stress is needed. we all are aware that PAP had been making some inroad towards him, so what? PAP is never really into democracy. r the rest of us not into democracy and freedom of choice as well? must we pressure him the same way as PAP does?

leave the man alone and let him cool off awhile. he will make his choice in his life and he will bear the responsiblity. unless any of these clowns want to take responsibility as well, if not, best let him be.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Namqiong

Perhaps a lackey however you chose to define it, but definitely a lackey "lacking" in wife stealing and husband stealing abilities, cloning and a propensity to use clones for swiftboating attacks on career, job ability and marriages , a lack shall we say of an overestimation of one's political abilities versus ambitions and most definitely a lack of an ability to overestimate one's academic credentials and ability versus that of one's peers. All these this lackey's lacks versus your group or groups which have demonstrated it in huge quantities and might at add with petty small minded vengefulness

Locke

dun be so mean.

they r lackeyies, they r into wife stealing, they r into stabbing ppl behind their backs, they r into creating falsehood...so what?

u know that these clowns will never make it big no matter how hard they try.

oh yeah...i forgot...they cant speak chinese for nuts too.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand what's the hoo-ha about. It just a simple suggestion, nobody is coercing Philip.

Or is lockeliberal afraid that if Philip enter politics, he will be a threat to his PAP masters ?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

It was a "public appeal" not a simple suggestion and to answer your slime. I am all for PJ entering politics as I stated I agree with the substance and the analysis and the call, just not the timing which I find to be in bad taste. Let the family grief.

Locke

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Locke,

Maybe you would like to follow-up in a month's time and see if anybody takes notice ?

Hit the rod when the iron is hot.

What if he needs a year to grieve ? Do you want to wait till then too ?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

Who are you worried abt taking notice ? The family or the public ? If he needs a year then give him a year. The family has after all given us his father. If the writers of the letter and the blog behind the letter are any good they could wait a year or a month and still gather signatures and an on line petition calling for PJ to join politics

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

Not Naive just kind :_)) You were the one that asked " what if he needed a year to grief, do we give him a year." I answered yes if that is what the man requests. Kindness and manners are two attributes long forgotten. The fact that you would not even give a man a year if he ask for it speaks volumes about your own sense of values manners and decency.

Locke

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't want to talk politics with Philip J. that's fine, but why criticise or try to stop others whom are entitled to judgment calls of their own? We're neither relatives to the Jeyaretnam family nor directors of mourning or moral values.

In any case, I think that you've attached too much counter-weight on politics relative to bereftment. If Philip J. goes back to work in his law office within 1 or 2 weeks, are you going to accuse his bosses and clients for being insensitive?

Are you also going to accuse LTK and Sylvia for insensitivity if they're talking to him about it, or are you going to support them for acting as fast as possible?

Life has to go on, work has to go on. Like it or not, involved directly or indirectly, politics is part of life and work. Anyway, he's the targeted man, not you.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Ramseth

But a discussion is about criticism is it not ? I believe that on Internet forums you would be hardpressed to find two individuals to agree that the " Earth is Round. " Suffice it to say we criticize and discuss part and parcel of forums.

Going back to work and taking on the mantle of opposition politics from his father is two differing kettles of fish. One is a road not filled with danger, the other is filled with landmines. I would support LTK and SL and the letter by the WC but at an appropriate time which I believe is not now.

Locke

NamQiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps a lackey however you chose to define it, but definitely a lackey "lacking" in wife stealing and husband stealing abilities, cloning and a propensity to use clones for swiftboating attacks on career, job ability and marriages , a lack shall we say of an ability to overestimates one's political abilities versus ambitions and most definitely a lack of an ability to overestimate one's academic credentials and ability versus that of one's peers. All these this " lackey's" lacks versus you and your group which have demonstrated it in huge quantities and might I add with petty small minded vengefulness.

Dear PA Marcus Yap,

A lackey however you chose to define, but certainly a wayang chief lackey who give PAP a passing mark, and took his lady org sec who is a bored married woman to Guilin for holiday, behaving intimately in front of the camera hugging one another, and another flirty lady who is always itchy to write, and being so itchy that she cannot resist being courted by the sia cargo man, and the ability of a viet lady lover to vote for Teo Ho Pin, and take his comrade to Viet for a fun time. :rolleyes: All these "lacky's" lacks versus you and your ilks which have demonstrated it in large qty and might I add with a petty small minded vengefulness. :rolleyes:

PS: PA= PAP Apologist