• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoyed the thought-provoking and candid exchange. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Enjoyed the thought-provoking and candid exchange with students from Singapore Institute of Technology. They impressed me with their energy and bold ideas.
We spoke about the opportunities that Singapore have amidst the challenges we face in this complex global landscape.
May we always be tenacious and resilient - that is my hope for all our students.

jw5

Loyal
Legend Keechiu bumped into another Legend. :unsure::o-o::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Bumped into a legend of Commonwealth Crescent Market & Food Centre this morning.
Can you recognise her? [Clue: she was associated with old school sweetness at the market for decades
1f60a.png
]
———————-
[Update]: Yes, she is Aunty Yang. Now in her 80s, she recently called it a day after decades of selling her traditional Chinese desserts. Her stall Xi Le Ting (喜乐亭) was famous for its
1f60b.png
$1 desserts.
Despite rising costs over the years, she kept prices affordable. I believe she saw her stall as more than just a business, but also a community service to her customers and My Buona Vista residents.
So happy to meet Aunty Yang again today at the market. Wishing her a happy retirement!
✨

434194006_969626727855409_7900138263179190389_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu encourages busking. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

23 March at 17:34 ·
Busking helps to enliven some of our public spaces. It allows individuals to share their creative expressions and they bring joy to appreciative audiences.
Our resident Aunty Helen is a very active senior who loves music. She often plays the harmonica and cannot resist joining in the music making.
1f3b5.png
1f3b5.png
1f3b5.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks the organising committee. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

6 d ·
Buona Vista Junior Chef is where families showcase their culinary talents, together. Witnessing our young chefs lead while their loved ones support them in crafting delightful dishes together was heartwarming and inspiring at the same time.
This event was more than a cooking competition; it was a celebration of family, food, and fun. Special thanks to the organising committee for making this wonderful culinary journey possible.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu has a routine house visit and a non-routine conversation. :o-o::confused::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Routine house visit. Non-routine conversation with G who showed me his “ATM”.
Me: How do you use this “ATM”?
G: See, this is how you put your money in…
Me: Then, what do you do with the money?
G: I bring it to the bank… can earn some interest and keep it safe…
Me: How do you get the money to put in the “ATM”?
G: Sometimes, I save some money from my recess… sometimes mummy and daddy give me…
Me: Wow…
G: Do you know? If I buy the milo pack from NTUC, and bring it to school, it’s even cheaper (than buying it from the vending machine)! I can save more
1f929.png
1f607.png

Me: So, when will you use the money in your “ATM”?
G: No. Cannot use…!
1f633.png

Me: How about during an emergency?
G: Maybe
1f625.png
… But must try not to…
1f625.png

G made my day…
1f923.png
1f923.png
1fae1.png

G is a primary school student!
Perhaps a future Finance Minister in the making…
1f917.png

Know how to save money, spend money carefully and even when to use “reserves”
1f602.png
1f602.png

May be an image of 1 person, clothes iron and text

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks dedicated workers. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Joined several of Our Tanjong Pagar Town Council workers in breaking of fast this evening. Our dedicated workers continued their hard work in spite of the warm weather. Thank you so much!
✨

All of us can help them by also keeping our estate clean and looking after our environment.
My Buona Vista

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu had great conversations. :tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Can we take the stress out of exams?
The pursuit of grades has become a source of stress for many students and parents.
We have made strides to make learning enjoyable, and reduce a focus on results – but I hope that we will also be able to change the way we see examinations. They can be a checkpoint, and not an end-point.
Chatted last month with Diana Ser on how tests and examinations can allow us to better understand our strengths and prepare students for the next leg of their education journey.
We also had great conversations with Hanna, Kaylea and Sujay, who shared their determination to pursue their aspirations with so much heart.
Catch Regardless of Grades now on CNA Insider!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks everyone involved. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
We have in My Buona Vista a group of dedicated and hardworking grassroots leaders and volunteers.
It is thus such a joy to serve alongside these incredible people and our partners from Heartwarmers Volunteer to spread some festive joy amongst our residents, as we gear up for Hari Raya Puasa.
A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone involved!
✨

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoys his regular visits to the market. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
I enjoy my regular visits to our markets and food centres, conversing with My Buona Vista residents and business owners.
This weekend, I had another engaging time chatting with them at Tanglin Halt Market.
I also managed to pick up some speed
️
packing skills at Edmond Chicken Rice stall!
1f606.png

How many packets do you think you can do in a minute?

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants you to be curious. :cautious::alien::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
During a coding class at Xinmin Secondary School - Leading Hearts, Leading Minds, the students told me they were ‘training an AI’. I asked Aiden what it means.
The secondary 1 boy perked up. “I think of this AI as my little robot friend!”
“At first, it doesn’t know much. So I need to give it lots of examples and show it what’s right and wrong. If I show my robot friend lots of pictures of cats, and say, “these are cats!”, and then show him many pictures of dogs and say, “these are dogs!”, it will soon learn the difference.”
I thought it was quite a fun and simple way to explain an AI concept
1f60a.png
This also proves that anyone – and anything – can learn anywhere!
Never stop being curious
1f913.png

#ourschoolstories
May be an image of 4 people, people studying and text

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes everyone a blessed Ramadan! :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Joined Our Tanjong Pagar and Radin Mas Constituency residents in breaking of fast today.
This gathering is a celebration of the unity, tradition and enduring bonds in our community. My appreciation to the organising committee and our volunteers for bringing us together.
Wishing everyone a blessed Ramadan!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu met many people last weekend. :redface::barefoot::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Met so many people last weekend at the Kampong Glam Ramadan Bazaar
⭐️
The bazaar ends this week, so don’t miss your chance to soak up the festive atmosphere just before Hari Raya!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu had a rich discussion with a very rich man. :rolleyes::eek::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Can inequality be solved, ever? I think inequality will always exist in our troubled and fragmented world, in some form.
But can we lean against its forces? We can.
Had a rich discussion at ACCESS's Social Mobility Summit today with DBS CEO Piyush Gupta.
Our answer to the forces of inequality is Meritocracy with Singaporean characteristics.
A societal ethos where all Singaporeans believe in collective social empowerment and define contributions beyond themselves.
Where we strive to better generations after our own, lean forward, provide more opportunities and social capital to those with less - and help them build networks and ties.
Where people have every chance to realise their diverse strengths and abilities, and contribute with dignity at different stages of their lives.
Regardless of our background and circumstances in life, we must have a sense of hope that we can do better for ourselves and others in Singapore.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu chatted with Mdm Khatoon. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
During My Buona Vista regular house visit today, I chatted with Mdm Khatoon, an 81-year-old senior whose eyes twinkled with the joy of life.
She invited me into her home, which was an album of memories. She generously shared her familia stories, including those of her 40 grandchildren who visit her regularly.
I wished her good health and a blessed Ramadan.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited the Unlocking ADHD office at Holland Drive. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

11 h ·
I visited the Unlocking ADHD office at Holland Drive and was impressed by the dedication of the team in supporting individuals with ADHD and their families. It's heartening to see such commitment in action.
A big thank you to our partners, Singapore Pools in the Community and Unlocking ADHD for their support. I look forward to future collaborations that will continue to make a positive impact on our community.