• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of great read and authors..

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
use to go wheelock to get book fix now they all sudah tutup susah find new book shop. also got online e-book but bring my ipad to jamban tak class lah :(

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read the book halfway but stopped. No motivation to continue with the movie still fresh in my mind. :biggrin:
I'd say both screen and print versions have their own merits.

the manga is quite good.

i only read two japanese manga ever.

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
jeffery archer is classified under TRASH literature. one step above Pioneer magazine.

Agree with you full-heartedly bro. Pioneer magazine is real trash. During my time in NS, they deducted 50 cents per month for that trash and also during my reservist obligation. Wrote in to Pioneer during my reservist obligation and told them not to send me any more copies, told them straight, they may keep the money, but don't send me that trash again. They stopped and they did not deduct any money again.

Last edited:

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone keen to read the kama sutra of new generation?

50-Shades-of-Grey-to-return-to-Fla-library-MB1I75OA-x-large.jpg

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone can comment about Jeffrey Archer's Clifton Chronicles? i haven't read it yet.

i really like Archer's earlier books like Kane and Abel and The Fourth Estate.

jw5

Loyal
anyone can comment about Jeffrey Archer's Clifton Chronicles? i haven't read it yet.

i really like Archer's earlier books like Kane and Abel and The Fourth Estate.

Kane and Abel was a great debut book from Jeffrey Archer, but I found that his later books got more and more predictable.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like Archer's earlier books like Kane and Abel and The Fourth Estate.
Did both. 1st was Sins of Father, and last Time Will Tell from mar 2012.

If you are into JA (I know there are detractors), found both a good sequential read on intricate family and love relationships. Interesting cultural backdrops not just in british isles but also across the Atlantic. Don't let me be a spoiler here. JA's quite easy on the eyes.. typical of good storyteller

http://www.jeffreyarcher.co.uk/site/the-sins-of-the-father

TSOTFcover2.jpg

otwt2.jpg

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kane and Abel was a great debut book from Jeffrey Archer, but I found that his later books got more and more predictable.

First book i read was As the Crow Flies and the rest of the series until The Fourth Estate. Met the man once at a book signing event at the old World Trade Centre Exhibition Halls in the 90s during a book fair event. Pompous condescending fucker, serves him right to go to jail. Never read any of his books after that again

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did both. 1st was Sins of Father, and last Time Will Tell from mar 2012.

If you are into JA (I know there are detractors), found both a good sequential read on intricate family and love relationships. Interesting cultural backdrops not just in british isles but also across the Atlantic. Don't let me be a spoiler here. JA's quite easy on the eyes.. typical of good storyteller

do most authors have a repetitive style writing and their works end up more or less predictable?

Jeffrey Archer's books are very easy on the eyes. that's probably why the books sold so well. i think he's a great storyteller. even his prison diaries were not bad.

jw5

Loyal
do most authors have a repetitive style writing and their works end up more or less predictable?

Jeffrey Archer's books are very easy on the eyes. that's probably why the books sold so well. i think he's a great storyteller. even his prison diaries were not bad.

Probably quite a number of authors have a repetitive style and end up being predictable.
Even if they are not predictable, their story premise is usually the same, i.e. based in the same area that they know or based on the same theme.
True that Archer's books are easy to read.
An author who is not predictable is John Irving, his more famous works of fiction include "The World According To Garp", "The Cider House Rules" and "A Prayer For Owen Meany".

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
works end up more or less predictable? Jeffrey Archer's books are very easy on the eyes. that's probably why the books sold so well. i think he's a great storyteller. even his prison diaries were not bad.
Unsure on unpredictable bit ..but style, yes. JA's tales usually end with a twist. Fall from grace in Conservative Party, and wrote some from behind bars.

I'm more into pulp fiction, and my fave is Daniel Silva -a definite cut way above rest, with his well researched heroics of cloak and dagger stuff of Israeli hero doing art restoration.