• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Obama says "change has come" to Singapore

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHICAGO - US President-elect Barack Obama promised Tuesday that "change is coming to America" as he gave a victory speech after becoming the first African-American to be elected to the White House.

"It's been a long time coming. But tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America," he said in front of a crowd of 65,000 people.

He paid tribute to his campaign team, his wife, children and recently deceased grandmother.

"Along with the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight. I know that my debt to them is beyond measure," he said.

He added: "I was never the likeliest candidate for this office. We didn't start with much money or many endorsements.

"Our campaign was not hatched in the halls of Washington. It began in the backyards of Des Moines and the living rooms and the front porches of Charleston."

Obama also congratulated defeated Republican John McCain for the long, hard campaign that he fought. - CNA/vm

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama inspires historic victory

(CNN) -- Barack Obama told supporters that "change has come to America," as he addressed the country for the first time as the president-elect.

Sen. Barack Obama addresses a crowd of 125,000 people in Chicago, Illinois.

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America -- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you -- we as a people will get there," Obama said in Chicago, Illinois.

Police estimated that 125,000 people gathered in Grant Park to hear Obama claim victory.

Obama said he was looking forward to working with Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin "to renew this nation's promise in the months ahead." Video Watch as Obama addresses the country »

McCain on Tuesday urged all Americans to join him in congratulating Sen. Barack Obama on his projected victory in the presidential election.

"I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face," McCain said before his supporters in Phoenix, Arizona.

"Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much, and tonight, I remain her servant," he said.

McCain called Obama to congratulate him, Obama's campaign said. Video Watch McCain concede »

Obama thanked McCain for his graciousness and said he had waged a tough race.

President Bush also called Obama to congratulate him.
Election Night in America
Watch history unfold with CNN and the best political team on television.
Tonight
Election Center »

Bush told Obama he was about to begin one of the great journeys of his life, and invited him to visit the White House as soon as it could be arranged, according to White House spokeswoman Dana Perino.

With his projected win, Obama will become the nation's 44th president and its first African-American leader.

Supporters in Chicago cheering, "Yes, we can" were met with cries of "Yes, we did."

More than 1,000 people gathered outside of the White House, chanting, "Obama, Obama!"

Obama's former rival for the Democratic nomination, Sen. Hillary Clinton said in a statement that "we are celebrating an historic victory for the American people." iReport.com: Share your Election Day reaction with CNN

"This was a long and hard fought campaign but the result was well worth the wait. Together, under the leadership of President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and a Democratic Congress, we will chart a better course to build a new economy and rebuild our leadership in the world."

The Illinois senator is projected to pick up a big win in Virginia, a state that hasn't voted for a Democratic president since 1964. Video Watch how this election is history in the making »

Obama also is projected to beat McCain in Ohio, a battleground state that was considered a must-win for the Republican candidate. Video Watch more on Obama's Ohio win »

Going into the election, national polls showed Obama with an 8-point lead.

Obama will be working with a heavily Democratic Congress. Democrats picked up Senate seats in New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina and Virginia, among others. Read about the Senate races
Don't Miss

* Machine breakdowns lead to long lines
* Obama in Chicago; 'I feel really good'
* McCain heads west in final campaign swing
* State-by-state polling

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell held onto his seat in Kentucky.

CNN's Ed Henry said there were lots of long faces in the lobby of the McCain headquarters at the Arizona Biltmore hotel as McCain allies watched returns showing Senate Republicans losing their seats. Video Watch what McCain says about the race »

Voters expressed excitement and pride in their country after casting their ballots Tuesday in what has proved to be a historic election.

Poll workers reported high turnout across many parts of the country, and some voters waited hours to cast their ballots. Read about election problems

Reports of minor problems and delays in opening polls began surfacing early Tuesday, shortly after polls opened on the East Coast.

The presidential candidates both voted early in the day before heading out to the campaign trail one last time. Video Watch Obama family at polls »
advertisement

Tuesday also marked the end of the longest presidential campaign season in U.S. history -- 21 months.

As McCain and Obama emerged from their parties' conventions, the race was essentially a toss-up, with McCain campaigning on his experience and Obama on the promise of change. But the race was altered by the financial crisis that hit Wall Street in September.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/04/election.president/index.html

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we don't have to follow the ugly american and corrupted politics....it does not change a bit what obama thinks...the white house is ruled by proxy only...hahahhaaaa....silly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You know the world has gone mad when a nigger terrorist becomes the president of the United States!:eek:

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Bullocks
You know the world has gone mad when a nigger terrorist becomes the president of the United States!:eek:

Fucking racist! :oIo:
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Where is Bullock's post? :wink:

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
we don't have to follow the ugly american and corrupted politics....it does not change a bit what obama thinks...the white house is ruled by proxy only...hahahhaaaa....silly.

Money and Corruption Are ruining the land Crooked politicians Betray the working man Pocketing the profits And treating us like sheep And we're tired of hearing promises That we know they'll never keep

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money and Corruption Are ruining the land Crooked politicians Betray the working man Pocketing the profits And treating us like sheep And we're tired of hearing promises That we know they'll never keep
Well , i am tired of PAP keep upping the cost of livingtime and time again ! they thought that upping the charges is their GOD given right ! Fuck them !

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
081104_PrezObama_dl-dynamiclead.jpg

don't worry...change will come....when it'll come i don't know...change will come...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Obama also congratulated defeated Republican John McCain for the long, hard campaign that he fought. - CNA/vm

They are really gentleman. Not like sinkies who sue the opposition to jail. So who are you gonna mixed with?

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are really gentleman. Not like sinkies who sue the opposition to jail. So who are you gonna mixed with?

agress with you, ang moh are gentleman, unlike the papaya, politically, they live behind times. "He knows nothing and he thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career"

Lumpar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama eyes both sides of the aisle for transition team

(CNN) -- President-elect Barack Obama was considering who will be on his transition team long before Tuesday's election declared him the nation's leader, and several Republicans were on the short list.
Reports say Barack Obama is close to naming Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel as White House chief of staff.

Reports say Barack Obama is close to naming Illinois Rep. Rahm Emanuel as White House chief of staff.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

Obama is looking at many Democrats -- most notably, Rep. Rahm Emanuel, who helped choreograph the party's 2006 House takeover -- but he also is thinking about bringing GOP Sens. Chuck Hagel and Dick Lugar on board, according to sources close to the president-elect.

Hagel, R-Nebraska, is a Vietnam War veteran and fierce critic of the Bush administration's handling of the Iraq war.

Lugar, R-Indiana, is minority leader of the Foreign Relations Committee and worked with Obama last year to expand a program aimed at destroying weapons of mass destruction in the former Soviet Union.

Also, the sources say Obama is considering adding Robert Gates -- Bush's defense secretary -- to his national security team.

It is common for presidential candidates to begin setting up a transition team before they are elected. The 10 weeks between the election and the inauguration isn't enough time to assemble a team to lead the country. Video Watch Obama's acceptance speech »
Don't Miss

* Obama: 'This is your victory'
* Full election results
* Interactive: CNN analysts weigh in
* CNNMoney.com: Obama's potential economic advisers

CNN Senior Political Analyst Gloria Borger said that it's important to take steps quickly to set the right tone, referring to President Clinton, who waited weeks to fill Cabinet positions and announced many of his top staffers just five days before he was sworn in.

"Everything you do early on in a presidency gets magnified. You don't want to make the same mistakes that Bill Clinton made," Borger said. iReport.com: What's Obama's biggest challenge?

Obama did not hold a news conference Wednesday, though he is expected to hold one by the end of the week.

Obama met with key advisers and began making decisions about his transition team, including who will serve as his White House chief of staff. Unconfirmed reports say Obama is close to naming Emanuel, D-Illinois, to that post. Possible appointees for Obama's administration »

Emanuel helped lead Democrats to majority control of the House in 2006. He was elected to the House in 2002 and is the fourth-highest-ranking member of the chamber's Democratic leadership.

He also worked on Clinton's first presidential campaign and served as a White House adviser to Clinton.

John Podesta, a former chief of staff under Clinton, will be among those leading Obama's transition team. Valerie Jarrett, one of Obama's top advisers, and Peter Rouse, Obama's Senate chief of staff, will also be involved in the effort.

Obama will begin publicizing "the steps that he'll be taking to get prepared to lead on January 20," Jarrett said shortly after Obama gave his victory speech.

Filling out his economic team is a top priority for Obama as he begins to implement a strategy to quell the economic crisis. See the candidates

"This is one of the first times that I can remember that the secretary of the treasury is going to be almost as important as the secretary of state," said CNN senior political analyst David Gergen, who served in the Reagan and Clinton administrations.

Names circulating for the secretary of the treasury position include Timothy Geithner, Lawrence Summers and Paul Volcker, among others.

Geithner helped deal with Wall Street's financial meltdown earlier this year, overseeing the acquisition of Bear Stearns by JPMorgan Chase and the bailouts of AIG and Lehman Brothers. He was appointed president of the New York Federal Reserve in November 2003.

Summers was appointed treasury secretary in July 1999 and served as the chief economist of the World Bank from 1991 through 1993. Before his career in government, he taught economics at Harvard.

Volcker is a former chairman of the Federal Reserve, serving under Presidents Carter and Reagan. He also worked in the private sector as an investment banker and headed the investigation into the United Nations' oil-for-food program for Iraq.

The White House is holding an economic summit November 15. Obama could delay naming his economic team to avoid interfering with the G-20 summit.

Obama's national security team is another priority as the country fights wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It could also be an area where he goes outside his party for an appointee.

Hagel and Gates are both being considered.
advertisement

Gates has served in Bush's cabinet for almost two years. He worked for the Central Intelligence Agency for 27 years, serving as its director from 1991 through 1993. He also served as deputy national security adviser under President George H. W. Bush.

"What Barack Obama has to do in the transition time is set the tone," Borger said. "If he reaches out to Republicans in the cabinet -- if he decided to keep Bob Gates at Defense -- that's really, really important."