• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no.. damm, SIgh...Thats a bad sign ! Well, i will try see whetehr the loan approve or not if i happen to see one house we like. To be honest after seeing the loan thingy not easier for me i really sian one big big half..but im not giving up the most need some more time to save up within six month. Thanks Sis!

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah..RM100k it about Sg45k...! erh wat about if i use my wife name as first applicant and i secondary applicant will it make any diff? Im in my late 30s n my wife hehehe 40 liao.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah..RM100k it about Sg45k...! erh wat about if i use my wife name as first applicant and i secondary applicant will it make any diff? Im in my late 30s n my wife hehehe 40 liao.

i think when u settle down which house u gg to buy , the sales person and loan officer will advise u ...
anyway , i copied over what Wuqi has posted on loan requirement :

Those who are buying properties in the near future, please take note of the following to avoid wasting your time and that of the property owner or agent as well.

Applies mainly to residential properties. This is by no means 100% accurate and case by case exceptions do take place from time to time. When in doubt, seek legal or expert aid.

For any property for any development, if you are not Singaporean and have no Malaysia/Singapore wife = Most of the time cannot get any loan above 60% of the valuation for the property.

For any property for any development, if you are Singaporean and have no credit history in Malaysia = 70-80% loan for most of the time. Exception is if you and/or spouse are drawing a high enough pay, then can appeal for 85-90% loan but on a case by case basis. Except if its the 2nd or third property. Then 80% for 2nd and usually 70% for the third property.

For any property for any development, if you are Malaysian = 80-90% loan for most of the time except if its the 2nd or third property. Then usually 70% for the third property. If you are a Singaporean or a foreigner with a Malaysian wife, you may be able to get into this category especially if she is working in Malaysia and has a credit history that they can refer to.

*To be eligible for most bank loans at 80%, a couple combined income must be at least 10,000 MYR (Ringgit) or 5000 SGD monthly (They use 2x rather than 2.4 or 2.5) For those who are Malaysians or married to one, then they may use 2.4 to calculate.

Stocks, rental yield and bank statement as well as CBS statements can also be used to support higher bank loan percentage.

Assuming 80% loan, the following applies:

For a 500k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 100k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 30,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 130,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

For a 700k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 140k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 3-40,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 180,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

For a 900k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 180k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 3-40,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 210,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

Ones monthly loan for a house should be at a maximum of 1/3 of ones monthly income. For someone to service a monthly loan of 3000 MYR for example, their combined income (couple) should be 10,000 MYR monthly.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you sis, Very well info for me too..Sigh..will try see how ofcoz for me and my wife definately both combine sure more the 5k, now really is the 20% down payment thingy..haiz

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you sis, Very well info for me too..Sigh..will try see how ofcoz for me and my wife definately both combine sure more the 5k, now really is the 20% down payment thingy..haiz

Maybe worth talking to any bankers if they are hanging around in NI sales office tomorrow, when you go recceee there. Discuss with them various scenarios specific to your situation. They should be able to provide more relevant advice as the advice given in this forum tend to be more general.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

i understand that , majority of singaporeans are assets and cpf rich .... not cash rich ....
i got 90% loan so perhaps with yr combined incomes , u can get it too !

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe worth talking to any bankers if they are hanging around in NI sales office tomorrow, when you go recceee there. Discuss with them various scenarios specific to your situation. They should be able to provide more relevant advice as the advice given in this forum tend to be more general.

general ? i think quite accurate lor ...

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
general ? i think quite accurate lor ...

Maybe he got some trump card which is not so convenient to share here. My point is that information from the forum should be taken as general knowledge and always talk to the banker to obtain specific advice relevant to your situation. Almost like googling or obtaining answers on medical conditions vs seeing a doctor and obtain specific advice :wink: Am just worried that people may take forum advice wholesale and start buying without doing proper due diligence like talking to banks about chances of getting loan, how much can get etc.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya bro will try to do that. Btw where's the NI sales office har? Thank you.

Cheers

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he got some trump card which is not so convenient to share here. My point is that information from the forum should be taken as general knowledge and always talk to the banker to obtain specific advice relevant to your situation. Almost like googling or obtaining answers on medical conditions vs seeing a doctor and obtain specific advice :wink: Am just worried that people may take forum advice wholesale and start buying without doing proper due diligence like talking to banks about chances of getting loan, how much can get etc.

Hahaha bro I don't have trump card leh. Yellow card have. Hahaha

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another option is to rent first. No hassle and much lesser commitment for a start. Since it is for retirement purpose, it is better to invest once you are more familiar with the property and the surrounding neighborhood. The legal procedures and banking requirements will be more visible to you as you gather more information day by day.

Afterall, renting in NI is only around SGD800 per month.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another option is to rent first. No hassle and much lesser commitment for a start. Since it is for retirement purpose, it is better to invest once you are more familiar with the property and the surrounding neighborhood. The legal procedures and banking requirements will be more visible to you as you gather more information day by day.

Afterall, renting in NI is only around SGD800 per month.

Hi Yahoo1234,

Yes you are right, we did consider first too. mean while we just look around first coz we will rent out our place in Sg then either rent or if $$$ allow to purchase. Cheers

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you think a combined income of sgd11k per mth would qualify us for 90% loan? both of us still in early/mid 30s..
like many singaporeans, we're asset-rich but cash poor :(