• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'No one regarded Ong Teng Cheong as less independent': Tharman on presidents having past associations with PAP

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hokay, I have a question for him:
Why did he continue to support and recommend that CB face Ivan Lim even after his scandals and resignation and recently still allow him to sneak into Jurong GRC under his coat tail for next GE?

https://theindependent.sg/ivan-lim-...g-rumours-that-he-will-be-fielded-at-next-ge/
Ivan Lim spotted by public members alongside Tharman at Jurong outreach; sparking rumours that he will be fielded at next GE

Xie Yao Quan FB

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/n...ratnam-presidents-having-past-association-pap

'No one regarded Ong Teng Cheong as less independent': Tharman on presidents having past associations with PAP​

20230726_tharman_0.jpg

Being an "independent candidate" has been a hot topic as Singapore gears up for the upcoming presidential election.

In a press conference at the York Hotel on Wednesday (July 26) to launch his presidential campaign, Tharman Shanmugaratnam said that he does not blame any hopefuls for emphasising about "being independent" from a political party.

"I think they're doing it to distinguish themselves. It's understandable," the former Senior Minister added.

But Tharman pointed out that there is a big difference between independence from any past affiliation with a political party and independence of mind, character and convictions.

Citing former president Ong Teng Cheong — who was deputy prime minister before he stepped down — as an example, he said:

"No one regards him as being less independent because of his past association with the People's Action Party (PAP).

"It comes down to character. It comes down to being independent minded," Tharman said, adding that he sees having been in politics as an advantage.

"I have no regrets at all of having been in the PAP and serving as a politician for 22 years, both in the Cabinet as well as on the ground. I have... no regrets being part of the team."

If he were "fortunate enough" to be elected, Tharman said he will bring his "full experience and capabilities on the ground" in Singapore and on the international stage.
---------------

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strawman argument. Ong Teng Cheong was considered 'independent' because of what happened to him during his presidency. A shameful episode. :rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Citing former president Ong Teng Cheong — who was deputy prime minister before he stepped down — as an example ...

y tis burger compare himself wif otc?

wud he question gahmen on ze assets n reserve? ...

n if gahmen say nid x no of man years 2 do wateva, wud he 1 up otc n provide ze x no of man 4 ze task? ...

if he wun, he shud stfu! ...

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why did he continue to support and recommend that CB face Ivan Lim even after his scandals and resignation and recently still allow him to sneak into Jurong GRC under his coat tail for next GE?

https://theindependent.sg/ivan-lim-...g-rumours-that-he-will-be-fielded-at-next-ge/
Ivan Lim spotted by public members alongside Tharman at Jurong outreach; sparking rumours that he will be fielded at next GE

Xie Yao Quan FB

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/n...ratnam-presidents-having-past-association-pap

'No one regarded Ong Teng Cheong as less independent': Tharman on presidents having past associations with PAP​

20230726_tharman_0.jpg

Being an "independent candidate" has been a hot topic as Singapore gears up for the upcoming presidential election.

In a press conference at the York Hotel on Wednesday (July 26) to launch his presidential campaign, Tharman Shanmugaratnam said that he does not blame any hopefuls for emphasising about "being independent" from a political party.

"I think they're doing it to distinguish themselves. It's understandable," the former Senior Minister added.

But Tharman pointed out that there is a big difference between independence from any past affiliation with a political party and independence of mind, character and convictions.

Citing former president Ong Teng Cheong — who was deputy prime minister before he stepped down — as an example, he said:

"No one regards him as being less independent because of his past association with the People's Action Party (PAP).

"It comes down to character. It comes down to being independent minded," Tharman said, adding that he sees having been in politics as an advantage.

"I have no regrets at all of having been in the PAP and serving as a politician for 22 years, both in the Cabinet as well as on the ground. I have... no regrets being part of the team."

If he were "fortunate enough" to be elected, Tharman said he will bring his "full experience and capabilities on the ground" in Singapore and on the international stage.
---------------

Wow Lau Eh…. He compared himself with Ong Teng Cheong? Ong Teng Cheong dare to asked Pappies to open the pandora box about Singapore’s Reserves, he dare or not?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Xie Yao Quan FB

20230726_tharman_0.jpg

---------------
Must be a very good promising man