• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah's faux pas

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree. Nicole Seah did the honourable thing by her declaration. It was GMS who forced her hand, because GMS abused her name in vain. Nicole has the right to clear the air and declare her intention not to contest. Furthermore, she is also honourable in saying that anyone who wishes to contest is undermining the 20 yrs of hard work LTK had built.

I don't see the issue with contradicting an earlier statement made by NSP or by TJS. The original NSP & TJS remarks lacked class and character to begin with. Besides, we don't know if NSP has changed their minds since. The focus shouldn't be on breaking party protocol, but doing the right thing.

I don't see any faux pas by acting honorably, even if the CEC did not officially sanction her statement.

Unfortunately, GMS did some damage to her reputation as the news appeared in Shin Min and the result is elementary - Chinese press, read by the Chinese educated (who like LTK) and non-Facebook users (which NS mainly resides). Some points are lost, and I understand why Scro and you are mad.

Anyway, NSP hasn't changed the statement - despite now that a BE will confirm be called, Hazel stuck to the open-ended point again. What was interesting was Seb Teo, who reiterated the Moulmein-Kallang point and WP sending a poor team to MK in the end - that sounded exactly like GMS, and shows that it was not wishful, lonesome thinking on GMS part when he said that in this forum.

Cornily, he was talking about WP splitting over the BE choice and I think NSP is more likely to be split over whether to go Hougang than WP on who the candidate will be. (I will stop the "it" calling as it slows down my own typing process and can be confusing.)

Finally, I observe NS posted the same message twice and the second time added "NSP" behind "Nicole Seah" with clear audacity and dominance. Still mystery to me if she does so out of political acumen or lack of it.

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, GMS did some damage to her reputation as the news appeared in Shin Min and the result is elementary - Chinese press, read by the Chinese educated (who like LTK) and non-Facebook users (which NS mainly resides). Some points are lost, and I understand why Scro and you are mad.

Anyway, NSP hasn't changed the statement - despite now that a BE will confirm be called, Hazel stuck to the open-ended point again. What was interesting was Seb Teo, who reiterated the Moulmein-Kallang point and WP sending a poor team to MK in the end - that sounded exactly like GMS, and shows that it was not wishful, lonesome thinking on GMS part when he said that in this forum.

Cornily, he was talking about WP splitting over the BE choice and I think NSP is more likely to be split over whether to go Hougang than WP on who the candidate will be. (I will stop the "it" calling as it slows down my own typing process and can be confusing.)

Finally, I observe NS posted the same message twice and the second time added "NSP" behind "Nicole Seah" with clear audacity and dominance. Still mystery to me if she does so out of political acumen or lack of it.

Aiyoh, why are all of you speculating about the doing of NS? For a start I think she is right in staying clear of Hougang and put a stop to that silly idea of GMS irrespective of what may have been the stand of NSP as a party. The fight in Hougang is between the ruling party and WP and everyone should leave it as that. The voters at Hougang has to decide for themselves as to whether the allegation of PAP that WP has let them down by not doing due deligence on the moral conduct of YSL can be sustained. If any parties or for that matter any individual politician wants to contest in Hougang they can do so come GE2016. As of now just leave the two major political parties in PAP and WP to settle the score between them. I am sure this arrangement will be more frightening to the one that said the he will have to think of how to fix up the Oppositions. Rather let the by-election at Hougang be the watershed on the accountability of the ruling party to the people rather than who should be the new MP to replace YSL. So let us not lose our focus on what is the real objective in the by-election and that is the accountability the people through the voters of Hougang wants from the ruling party.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
When she apologized on behalf of LKY to the Malay-Muslim community, I thought I was going to fall in love.

that was a dumb move that alienate half the chinese voters....

Absolutely. I knew then we were not dealing with an ordinary individual. That the first time that someone did two political things at one go and they were both lethal. Looks like it might be a pernakan that is going to bring down the other pernakan dynasty.

you 2 ah pek better stop lusting after a fellow forummer niece....especially when you guys are like 3 time her agr

make no mistake .... she is still a total airhead policywise.... she has no ideas of her own, just rhetoric...right now she is just iding on hazel expertise....

if you guys think gg is fresh .... let me tell you she will make gg look like a clinton in term of savyness,,, I dun think ram can help her on that front....

policy s hard stuff ... even WP are not cohesive on that front yet ....

Which leads me to another observation. The whole thread discussions seems to lead to one thing - that "Nicole Seah" is an entity in its own right. A "starship" or brand name by itself. (And perhaps Nicole herself sees in this way as well.) Nicole is acting as a "personal organisation" in her own right and direction.

But there is a risk. We don't know what kind of "starship" is that - it certainly cannot be compared to the WP "starship" which is an organisation and a 50-year-old organisation that people recognise. Or how long this starship can fly.

Secondly, these aren't likely to be team players, no matter how high their acumens are.

too bad is that glenda doesnt have have half the commitment of a Lee LiLian or Choon Yong.... and neither does NS

if she wan to go the long run and she still has very long road in front her .... she should go join WP and understudy sylvia or GG or CSM....if she still want her stupid meaningless youth guild leader title.... then her career is over...

but i think she is just biding her time.... she need to be humble and not expect to get into WP CEC on the word go...

its all up to Ramseth to convince her to be a lowly humble ordinary member in WP....

otherwise the whole NSP/hazel poa will just piggyback on her like GMS did the last GE... it didnt do any1 any good...

She has three sides of the game, like in the mahjong analogy again, awaiting 1,4,7...2,5,8 or 3,6,9 also game. If she decides to help NSP campaigning and people ask, she can just say doing party duty. If she decides not to help the party campaigning, her word has been given earlier that she respects LTK and WP works in Hougang and wants to personally stay out of it. If NSP sacks her for that, that's flowertop pot up one more double on her political capital and total disaster for NSP.

is she still help her party after what she said, she is a total cock .... NSP are not goin to hougang ... they just wan to piss LTK off... LTK is not bothered at all because he is not stupid... so let us not add more fuel to the fire....

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole Seah is not the smart one. She didn't even dare to make her stand about hougang by-election earlier . GMS is. He knew telling opposition parties to back off from Hougang wouldn't work. So he played the bad guy to "bully" NS, forcing her to show hand and send warning to the opposition.

But sadly NSP's stand is not same as hers. Hazel Poa responded saying NSP has not decided or not whether to run for Hougang BE. Sebastian Teo actually responded that GMS is right about their history with WP in the article. So it seems Nicole is alone in this. And they don't care about her stand.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is not so smart. she should have just announced that she will not run, period, no need to attack anyone else by 'showing respect' to LTK and ended up offending them unnecessarily.

Why burn bridges with other opposition members when one can win alone?

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole is not so smart. she should have just announced that she will not run, period, no need to attack anyone else by 'showing respect' to LTK and ended up offending them unnecessarily.

Why burn bridges with other opposition members when one can win alone?

Nicole is not so smart but you want to campaign for her? You're dumber, or your offer to campaign for her is just to spite WP?

You better come clean on your real intent, Kinana. Looks like 狐狸露出尾巴? Haha

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have only to gain when WP loses one voice in parliament.
They already have eneough voices and they are doing a bad job. Why not gove it to someone else? Nicole can do a better job than WP anytime.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
They already have eneough voices and they are doing a bad job. Why not gove it to someone else? Nicole can do a better job than WP anytime.

Which school did you go to? Make sure I dun send my son there.

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
When she apologized on behalf of LKY to the Malay-Muslim community, I thought I was going to fall in love.

Like entering a sleepy old lion's den, smack it on the nose and walked out. Lion looks nonplussed not sure whether to leave her be or eat the cheeky girl. Reminds me of a scene in Bugs Bunny show.:smile:

She got away with it and she is one plucky girl. I doubt any opposition member can do as well and escaped unscathed.

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her hand was forced by GMS and she had no choice but to make her personal opinions public. This is her personal stance and opinion. The NSP CEC may have a different view but there is nothing wrong that she has done as her name was mentioned. To be silent on this issue may be perceived negatively by those who has an axe to grind against her. This thread alone is a good example of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
They already have eneough voices and they are doing a bad job.

me didn't know you're an embodiment of Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC combined...
doing a bad job or not, the electorate can decide... can't comprehend simple English? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps: only 6 in 10 thinks PAP is doing a good job, would be 5 in 10 soon, BE Hougang would be a litmus test for the incumbent, so don't waste it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you are stuck bro and need to degrade into personal attack.

cheers

Would love to engage you in an intellectual debate, but sadly the intellect you're demonstrating is worse than my 5-year-old son. But you're right here, that you're such a moron is not always the fault of your school. I apologise for asking about your school, your stupidity cannot be directly attributed to your school. Sorry, sir.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would love to engage you in an intellectual debate, but sadly the intellect you're demonstrating is worse than my 5-year-old son. But you're right here, that you're such a moron is not always the fault of your school. I apologise for asking about your school, your stupidity cannot be directly attributed to your school. Sorry, sir.

See, go into personal insult again. Not much intellect involved here.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
me didn't know you're an embodiment of Aljunied GRC and Hougang SMC combined...
doing a bad job or not, the electorate can decide... can't comprehend simple English? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ps: only 6 in 10 thinks PAP is doing a good job, would be 5 in 10 soon, BE Hougang would be a litmus test for the incumbent, so don't waste it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hougang will not be a litmus for PAP but WP.
Don't be surprised that WP may lose this time.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, go into personal insult again. Not much intellect involved here.

Alamak, you can't see the intellect? This time I teach you for free. Next time you pay ok?

Even my insult is predicated on a logic. I'm asserting that you're stupid. I asked for your school, because I don't want to send my son there. But I'm not being fair to your school, because you stupidity could be hereditary and not necessary a failure of your school (or schools) to educate you. For all I know, we could be from the same school (or schools). Since there's no direct evidence that your stupidity is attributable to your school (or schools), my insinuation that your school (or schools) is fucked up, is baseless. I must therefore withdraw that comment and apologise to you. Sorry for that intellectual lapse on my part.

But my assertion that you're an idiot still stands. Of course, I welcome your rebuttal and proving me wrong, that you're not an intellectual bankrupt.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nicole can do a better job? Let's wait till she get into the Parliament first before we pass such statement.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely. I knew then we were not dealing with an ordinary individual. That the first time that someone did two political things at one go and they were both lethal. Looks like it might be a pernakan that is going to bring down the other pernakan dynasty.

She pissed off some of my friends with her statement. As much as me and my friends do not agree with that old man sometimes, still, we feel Nicole Seah is arrogant by portraying herself to apologise on behalf of that old man. I do not find that impressive at all. It was a majestic shot towards her political stardom, signs of a young, wild, arrogant and ambitious lady.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread alone is a good example of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I am not trying to put her in a damn if you do damn if you don't position. A lot of people are put in that position because of choices they make. Opposition politics is a tough choice - you get that kind of thing easily. LTK himself was caught in the same when he did not ask Mas Selamat to resign. Today, no one is talking about it. I can say if he did so, people will be talking about it still, saying he should be asking PM to resign.