• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

movetojb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi

thanks for the reply. didnt realised tat my post was move here. was still waiting for it to appear in 'living in jb3'. haha

how abt letters? are they all sent to your add in jb or u have a corresponding add in sg?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi

thanks for the reply. didnt realised tat my post was move here. was still waiting for it to appear in 'living in jb3'. haha

how abt letters? are they all sent to your add in jb or u have a corresponding add in sg?

Sure, no worries, i do it just like for taxes. Use for JB what is due in JB and for SG what is due in SG.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add, you can also use your JB address in your NRIC as well.

Good day to u Sir.

Happen to google and notice this forum. Just got a unit at Nusa Idaman by sheer luck. Hope to get more info and discussion in this wonderful forum. Tks for having this thread.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Including u too, Wuqi.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add, you can also use your JB address in your NRIC as well.

Good day to u Sir.

Happen to google and notice this forum. Just got a unit at Nusa Idaman by sheer luck. Hope to get more info and discussion in this wonderful forum. Tks for having this thread.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heyas! Welcome to the living in jb community! I am your neighbor from P8A in NI :smile:
Which precinct did you get in NI? Is it the newly launched 8D? What do you mean by getting a unit by sheer luck (sorry just curious)?
Do check out the NI Community section of the forum too!

Good day to u Sir.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heyas! Welcome to the living in jb community! I am your neighbor from P8A in NI :smile:

Hi iamapseudoneem

Tks for that warm welcome. I happened to call Nusa Idaman office. They told me one buyer decided to pull out because his wife insisted on a corner lot. It was an End lot the husband booked. So i told the staff to reserve that unit for me. Its fm 8D. Really like the location of my unit.

Thks for reminding me of NI thread.:biggrin:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Right at the end, a sample of events and payment process.........
Property Details : Double Storey Terrace House ( 4 rooms andMost importantly to have water and electricity up. If you are buying subsale, a lot of these can be done easily. Its CCC right now. :smile:

Many tnks good sir for taking off precious time to respond to my posts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Glad to assist, hope that everyone is enjoying NI. Just watched my favourite Resident Evil movie at Bukit Indah TGV cinema, very nice. :smile:

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Definitely not but we can set up company with local shareholding of at least 51% to buy it.

Just found out that can buy agricultural land but must be valued at RM500k or at least 5 acres for agricultural activities or agro-tourism or agro-based industrial activities.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Just found out that can buy agricultural land but must be valued at RM500k or at least 5 acres for agricultural activities or agro-tourism or agro-based industrial activities.

Yes, but not a lot have managed to get it as there are many conditions attached. Still one can try though.

. Foreign Investment Committee
The FIC is a committee within the Economic Planning Unit of the Prime Minister’s Department, which amongst others, reviews and regulates the acquisitions by foreign interests of assets and interests in Malaysian companies and businesses.
2.1 FIC Guidelines
2.1.1 All property acquisition by foreign interest that do not require the approval of the Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department but falls under the purview of the relevant Ministries and/or Government Departments as follows:
(a) acquisition of commercial unit valued at RM500,000 and above;
(b) acquisition of agricultural land valued at RM500,000 and above or at least five (5) acres in area for the following purposes:
(i) to undertake agricultural activities on a commercial scale using modern or high technology; or
(ii) to undertake agro-tourism projects; or
(iii) to undertake agricultural or agro-based industrial activities for the production of goods for export.
(c) acquisition of industrial land valued at RM500,000 and above; and
(d) transfer of property to a foreigner based on family ties is only allowed among immediate family members.

2.1.2 Acquisition of residential unit by foreign interest valued at RM500,000 and above. This acquisition, however, do not require the approval of the Economic Planning Unit, Prime Minister’s Department but falls under the purview of the State Authorities.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi hi complete newbie here. Overwhelmed by the info in the threads. What's a good start? Any showflat in sg?
Looking at east ledang, ledang heights, developments by UEM

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi hi complete newbie here. Overwhelmed by the info in the threads. What's a good start? Any showflat in sg?

Must read ALL threads, valuable information in each of them ha ha...welcome to this forum :smile:
If you have not decided whether to buy property/move to Malaysia, read the general thread Living in JB (1, 2, and 3).
If you have shortlisted some development and want to know more, check out the individual thread by development name (eg East Ledang etc, Horizon Hill, Setia Tropika, Nusa Duta, etc etc)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the thread "List of properties in Iskandar Malaysia" is a gd place to start, if you want to gather more info abt individual developments that forummers have bought. Its a diverse market with plenty of choices/considerations. Eg near to causeway/2nd link, near to nature/shops, or buy condos/terrace/villas blah blah.....

dapsap

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi hi ... I am also looking @ NU p8D. However ... seems like there are still quite a lot of units available rite? Also ... hows yr take abt this 8D ... i have not gone done to take a look ...

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

Anyone here bought ADDA Heights?

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there any ang mo or Japanese community in JB? The reason why I want to know is that I am thinking about retiring to JB in a couple of years. I am Singaporean, lived in the US for many years and wife is Japanese. Looking for a place where I can find western friends, and wife hang out with other Japanese.

I saw on Business news that Taman Molek is developing for Japanese retirees. Just wondering if anyone else has any additional info.

Thanks.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there any ang mo or Japanese community in JB? The reason why I want to know is that I am thinking about retiring to JB in a couple of years. I am Singaporean, lived in the US for many years and wife is Japanese. Looking for a place where I can find western friends, and wife hang out with other Japanese.

I saw on Business news that Taman Molek is developing for Japanese retirees. Just wondering if anyone else has any additional info.

Thanks.

The Japanese are mainly at Molek Pines (Taman Molek) and Straits View (Permas Jaya) condos. I think there are some Japanese staying at Taman Pelangi as well. I was at a recent Molek Pines condo project, but personally feel the prices are a bit on the high side.

Because I am thinking if one is retiring in JB, why retire in high-price condo instead of comparatively lower-priced landed? But that's my personal preference....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you're old, walking up and down the stairs is a chore and potential risk to cause falls.
Hence high rise living is an attractive alternative during golden years in an empty nest.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

When you're old, walking up and down the stairs is a chore and potential risk to cause falls.
Hence high rise living is an attractive alternative during golden years in an empty nest.

I guess to each his own..everyone will hv their own idea of 'paradise' :smile: