• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
u bo observe all measure nice nice oredi and just drill holes nai mei.., plentong giant (ground flr), near (johor jaya)there got sell curtains lei, but dun know whether 合您的味口 or not..View attachment 9455

Better put plentong giant..scare later u got lost..

e prob is i cant do measurement properly n cant drill holes too!

u refer to Nagoya right ? its cheap but then service n designs not tat nice .

Last edited:

KelvinC

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other costs associated to purchase of resales unit. Quite sure that Bro & Sis in this community have posted similar information. Purchaser may also enquire from lawyer. Hope the information is useful especially to first-time purchaser.

A) The principal legal fee calculation method for SPA and loan is
basically as follows:-

1. The First RM150,000 X 1 %
2. The Next 850,000 X 0.7 %
3. The Next 850,000 X 0.6

B) Stamp Duty is:

1. The First 100,000 X 1%
2. The Next RM400,000 X 2%
3. Balance 3%

C) The Stamp duty for loan is 0.5% X Loan Amount

D ) In the event the purchaser is a foreigner, the addition levy fee is
RM11,500-00

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
definitely useful info

Other costs associated to purchase of resales unit. Quite sure that Bro & Sis in this community have posted similar information. Purchaser may also enquire from lawyer. Hope the information is useful especially to first-time purchaser.

B) Stamp Duty is:

3. Balance 3%

RM11,500-00

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

B) Stamp Duty is:

3. Balance 3%

RM11,500-00

How abt usual property agent fees? Buyer/seller and renting?

Greyscale

Hi folks, noobs here and quite lost here already.

Really keen on upping and moving to Johor to live (while working in SG). Any guidance?

Currently, all I hear in the news are that Iskandar is hot hot hot, but there's hardly any marketing of the developments (maybe not looking in the right places). also dunno where their showrooms are.

What about that area Medini? Also, what's Horizon Hills and how come it sounds like so much is going on there?

Appreciate any direction! Cheers!

KelvinC

Alfrescian
Loyal
How abt usual property agent fees? Buyer/seller and renting?

Understand that most agents ask for 1% & 2% from buyer and seller respectively; charge one month for rental services. Do negotiate if one deserves less.

I encourage buyer/seller to visit this forum. Beyond saving agent fee, we can help others learn and avoid painful mistakes. Thanks to many like-minded Bro & Sis in this community.

KelvinC

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am seeking the advice from Bro & Sis in the community - what are the procedures and costs involved in the purchase of auction residential unit (via bank auction) in JB?

AADC6970

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a reply from a neighbour at another forum that it is around this price for good quality curtains. I will just go ahead to order. Cheers.

i went to nobel curtains at 28 jalan jati 1, taman nusa bestari jaya, before CNY. they were offering up to 50% discount.

the fabric and designs are nice. the boss Mr Chang is nice.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand that most agents ask for 1% & 2% from buyer and seller respectively; charge one month for rental services. Do negotiate if one deserves less.

I encourage buyer/seller to visit this forum. Beyond saving agent fee, we can help others learn and avoid painful mistakes. Thanks to many like-minded Bro & Sis in this community.

Hi there, so all in, a buyer of a resale unit has to pay an estimated 5-6% more of the purchase price. Is that right? Eg property stamp duty <3%, agent fee 1%, loan stamp duty 0.5%, legal fees < 1%. Thanks.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How do you flip Malaysian new launches?

Is there a way?

Not easy and expensive to flip within short term. If u sell within 2yrs, u hv to pay 15pct Real property gain tax. 2-5yrs will b 10pct..for new launch, almost all developers are not allow u to sell before the completion date... Also, the legal and banking system will take ages to complete the whole transaction. If your property is leasehold,that's can even more complicated and need more time to complete it..

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying JB or Overseas Properties with MOP not yet expired

There's a requirement for HDB flat dwellers to satisfy the MOP (Minimum Occupational Period) of 5 years before they can purchase a private property whether local or overseas.

I wonder what is the chance that one gets caught for having an oversea property? And under what kind of circumstances can they be caught? Are there any workarounds to the ruling, so that I can still purchase properties in JB without getting caught?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying JB or Overseas Properties with MOP not yet expired

There's a requirement for HDB flat dwellers to satisfy the MOP (Minimum Occupational Period) of 5 years before they can purchase a private property whether local or overseas.

I wonder what is the chance that one gets caught for having an oversea property? And under what kind of circumstances can they be caught? Are there any workarounds to the ruling, so that I can still purchase properties in JB without getting caught?

It is better to buy through proxy or company. Not worth the risk particularly if you borrow from bank with branches on both sides of the causeway.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Be careful of whistle blowers. Better not try.

Hard to enforce.

2 different countries without information exchange.

Sometime it is genuine mistake. I doubt many know about this Claus.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think no one really bother..... If you are from India, China etc, how will Singapore govt know?

If you are Singaporean, maybe they can still check your bank account etc..

Hard to enforce.

2 different countries without information exchange.

Sometime it is genuine mistake. I doubt many know about this Claus.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

What could happen is the govt might catch a few to warn off others if Singapore laws is so seriously undermined. Ways to get around like using trustee, foreign spouse, relatives all involve some risks and complications.