• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hiring a maid (Domestic Helper) in Johor Bahru.. How?..

I doubt so.. bringing foreign maids are for MM2H plan people.

You arent therefore cannot bring in foreign maids..

I intend to bring my maid over and pay levy here, maybe will ask my friend in JB to transfer to his name so she can have a work permit in Malaysia! Hope the garment in Malaysia won't follow sinkapore later charge levy ! :eek:
Hope not!

hito7715

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question about Singaporean buying malaysia property

hi,

i intend do buy a property in pengarang which is ~RM200k.
But I have do some reading state that singaporean cannot buy malaysia property less than RM500,000??
can someone comfirm??

hito7715

Alfrescian
Loyal
Question: Singaporean buying malaysia property

I intend to buy a property in pengerang around RM200k.
but i have read that foreigner only can buy RM500k and abover property.
Can anyone comfirm?

General Veers

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dial for Indonesian maid

Tuesday February 28, 2012

Dial for Indonesian maid

By P. ARUNA
[email protected]

PETALING JAYA: Send a text message if you need an Indonesian maid.

Families in need of Indonesian domestic helpers can dial a toll-free number and register with the Assoc*iation of Foreign Maid Agencies (Papa) in a nationwide exercise beginning today. “Once we know the number of people needing maids, we can inform our Indonesian counterparts to supply the maids accordingly,” Papa actingpresident Jeffrey Foo told The Star yesterday.

Potential employers only have to dial 1-800-222-000 first, after which they will instantly receive an SMS asking them to reply with their name, identification number, home address and email address. “The information will be shared among our member agencies that supply the maids,” Foo said, adding that users would not be charged for the SMS they receive.

The SMS would also provide them with a unique username and password for them to log in to a special email account which would be created for each employer registered in the system. Papa had earlier estimated that about 35,000 families were in need of maids.

The employer, Foo said, would be provided with information ranging from the cost to when to begin applying for maids as well as the terms and conditions involved. “We require their identification numbers for the second phase of the exercise, which is to check on their eligibility to employ maids.

“Through the vetting of employers, we will be able to curb problems such as maid abuse and delayed salaries,” he said, adding that potential employers would later be asked to fill up a form to indicate their household income and how urgent their need for a maid was.

Foo said the SMS registration would not automatically place them on the waiting list. Potential employers are urged to register with them to speed up the process. In Johor Baru, Mohd Farhaan Shah reported that Labour Department director-general Datuk Sheikh Yahya Sheikh Mohamed said Indonesian maids who were supposed to arrive early next month had been delayed for another month.

The delay was caused by the lack of training of the maids by the Indonesian authorities and incomplete applications submitted from the Malaysian side. Sheikh Yahya said those who were still facing problems in requesting for maids can contact the Labour Department for further clarification.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Question: Singaporean buying malaysia property

500k is confirmed. if not u will fail your state approval applications..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

I intend to bring my maid over and pay levy here, maybe will ask my friend in JB to transfer to his name so she can have a work permit in Malaysia! Hope the garment in Malaysia won't follow sinkapore later charge levy ! :eek:
Hope not!

i doubt u can bring ur maid over..

now allowed leh.. if not u dont register her and make her travel in and out of my every 2 weeks then that is feasilbe...

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dial for Indonesian maid

Tuesday February 28, 2012

Dial for Indonesian maid

By P. ARUNA
[email protected]

PETALING JAYA: Send a text message if you need an Indonesian maid.

Families in need of Indonesian domestic helpers can dial a toll-free number and register with the Assoc*iation of Foreign Maid Agencies (Papa) in a nationwide exercise beginning today. “Once we know the number of people needing maids, we can inform our Indonesian counterparts to supply the maids accordingly,” Papa actingpresident Jeffrey Foo told The Star yesterday.

Potential employers only have to dial 1-800-222-000 first, after which they will instantly receive an SMS asking them to reply with their name, identification number, home address and email address. “The information will be shared among our member agencies that supply the maids,” Foo said, adding that users would not be charged for the SMS they receive.

The SMS would also provide them with a unique username and password for them to log in to a special email account which would be created for each employer registered in the system. Papa had earlier estimated that about 35,000 families were in need of maids.

The employer, Foo said, would be provided with information ranging from the cost to when to begin applying for maids as well as the terms and conditions involved. “We require their identification numbers for the second phase of the exercise, which is to check on their eligibility to employ maids.

“Through the vetting of employers, we will be able to curb problems such as maid abuse and delayed salaries,” he said, adding that potential employers would later be asked to fill up a form to indicate their household income and how urgent their need for a maid was.

Foo said the SMS registration would not automatically place them on the waiting list. Potential employers are urged to register with them to speed up the process. In Johor Baru, Mohd Farhaan Shah reported that Labour Department director-general Datuk Sheikh Yahya Sheikh Mohamed said Indonesian maids who were supposed to arrive early next month had been delayed for another month.

The delay was caused by the lack of training of the maids by the Indonesian authorities and incomplete applications submitted from the Malaysian side. Sheikh Yahya said those who were still facing problems in requesting for maids can contact the Labour Department for further clarification.

i doubt these are for us..

foreigners cannot hire maid under their names right?

worlauer

As above..

any know?.. Since, most of us are staying there as tourist visa, can we get a maid there?..

I have already asked malaysian the cost of maids.

indonesia ones cost around 600 RM per month. Can forget all the domestic levy that singapore is imposing. In Malaysia , we only need to apply visa for the maid and the guy can continue working for you.

I heard pinoy ones cost like 800-900RM due to the fact that they know how to speak english... ?

Hmm..

Feedback appreciated.. :smile::smile:

Hi,newbie in this forum,inregards to your question,as i a malaysian,from my knowledge today is the closing date for self applied maids into malaysia from indon,no i am not a agent.

just that i have gone through the process,its pretty simple u find a agent in indon who sends her over on a one month visa,during that period,you have to head to immigration to prepare certain docs,sorry i didn't prepare the docs my staff did it for me,all in its about RM 3k plus,include levy etc include medical plus indon agent fees,which is deductible from their monthly salary

yuenfs

Re: Question: Singaporean buying malaysia property

I am contemplating to buy a property in JB near to CIQ. Saw listing of new projects like The Marina View, Azea Residences at Denga, etc. The pricing starts from RM800K (guess city view) for a 1,200sqft 2Br for The Marina View. In the secondary market come across Straits View Condo also at JB, but you get a good unit (sea view high floor) around RM550K-RM600K for 1600sqft. Any opinion whether one should go for a new project or resale project? What is the typical maintenance fee for a condo in M'sia?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,newbie in this forum,inregards to your question,as i a malaysian,from my knowledge today is the closing date for self applied maids into malaysia from indon,no i am not a agent.

just that i have gone through the process,its pretty simple u find a agent in indon who sends her over on a one month visa,during that period,you have to head to immigration to prepare certain docs,sorry i didn't prepare the docs my staff did it for me,all in its about RM 3k plus,include levy etc include medical plus indon agent fees,which is deductible from their monthly salary

find the agent in indonesia?!

not in malaysia meh?...

jeevanswaraaj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Question about Singaporean buying malaysia property

There is a demand for property above RM500,000. I think it may be from the older Malaysian population who have already made their old money and foreigners from Singapore, China and Hong Kong. Foreigners can buy an unlimited number of property costing above RM500,000 in Malaysia. This is relatively low RPGT and easy financing has encouraged speculation on properties above RM500,000 by foreigners as well as by locals.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

LGLab, PM me and i will send you number of an agency, they are expensive though so must push down pricing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Question about Singaporean buying malaysia property

There is a demand for property above RM500,000. I think it may be from the older Malaysian population who have already made their old money and foreigners from Singapore, China and Hong Kong. Foreigners can buy an unlimited number of property costing above RM500,000 in Malaysia. This is relatively low RPGT and easy financing has encouraged speculation on properties above RM500,000 by foreigners as well as by locals.

1st 2 properties, you can get 80% or more loan, 3rd property is restricted to 70% bank loan only to curb speculation.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng's malaysian neighbour brought their indonesian maid here to work as part-time maid for other singaporean families.:biggrin:

worlauer

find the agent in indonesia?!

not in malaysia meh?...

Malaysia allows direct employment,so no need to go through agent,if you have contacts in indon its easier,and as bro wuqui mentioned its expensive to engage a local agent,if i am not wrong they are required to undergo a 200 hours training by our local agent.

I use direct employment,and engaged a indon agent to find for me.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia allows direct employment,so no need to go through agent,if you have contacts in indon its easier,and as bro wuqui mentioned its expensive to engage a local agent,if i am not wrong they are required to undergo a 200 hours training by our local agent.

I use direct employment,and engaged a indon agent to find for me.

I bring my maid straight from Philippines , I did everything myself. From apply online to bring her medical and finger print...... Think I can be an agent also huh? But I dun know the procedure in malaysia, maybe u guys can give details here. ... I can recommend some Filipino maids if some bros need, got 1 waiting for me to employ her but not now, she waited few months already !

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those already staying at your Terrace House/ Semi-D / Bungalow , Share your....

Utilities bills.. .

Example,

1) Water and electricity
2) Garbage Clearance
3) Security Guard Post fee
4) House maintenance fee
5) Property Tax (How is it calculated P.A)
6) Other fees like internet, land line and which connection you are on..

Thank you...