• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Wicha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi seniors,

Regarding JB 'Parking Coupon':

1. Operating hours and days
2. How to tell which area needs to display coupon
3. Where to purchase
4. How to pay parking fine

I searched hard but couldn't find this topic.
Please kindly point me there if it's already been discussed.
Or is there an English government website that explains this.

Thanks for helping out :smile:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone wants to meet up as a small group for friendship in JB?

Moved here already 3 months, want to look for new friends for outing or supper or coffee or beer....
After married found myself less and less friends ... Hope can find some khakis from true blue SG staying in JB for coffee, tour, outing, BBQ or TCSS....

For more infor , pls PM. Thks .

God bless.

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Anyone wants to meet up as a small group for friendship in JB?

Good idea - I first Kee chiew

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moved here already 3 months, want to look for new friends for outing or supper or coffee or beer....
After married found myself less and less friends ... Hope can find some khakis from true blue SG staying in JB for coffee, tour, outing, BBQ or TCSS....

For more infor , pls PM. Thks .

God bless.

sure bro. im staying mount austin area. Watch Euro? count me in.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

sure bro. im staying mount austin area. Watch Euro? count me in.

Thks for replying. Waiting for more ppl to confirm so we can maybe meet once a week, making friends , bringing whole family go movies together! To get a JB community into harmony within this forum group unless wuqi might want to object, just think he is too busy so I start this thread, hope he won't mind and will join us also! If anyone need any help we can lend a hand or two.. Life is short. Let's share happiness!

God bless.....

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Dear all, as a precaution, please do not meet forum folks here directly on one on one basis unless you know each other personally or unless you know you can trust each other enough to reveal your nick. Please refer to paragraph 3 here regarding your nick.

Especially if you have posted a lot here. There are those interested in forming groups for fun and it is good but as always, there are those amongst us who are only interested to find out who you are here. Some are genuine but some may have specifically registered new nicks just for this purpose.

If you must meet, never reveal your nick. Lots of people I helped directly or indirectly never knew who I was and I prefer it that way. I would strongly recommend having property or development specific threads or pages where it's easier to know one another and help or have group meeting. This is at least slightly safer from meeting up with someone who claims he or she stays in Johore but may not be who he claims to be.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi seniors,

Regarding JB 'Parking Coupon':

1. Operating hours and days
2. How to tell which area needs to display coupon
3. Where to purchase
4. How to pay parking fine

I searched hard but couldn't find this topic.
Please kindly point me there if it's already been discussed.
Or is there an English government website that explains this.

Thanks for helping out :smile:

Hi

I can only answer some of yr qns.

Usually if u park infront of those shop houses at JB central , u need to display coupons , u can buy the coupons from the provisions shops or 7-11.
So far parking in Bk Indah without coupons is alright . I never kenna ...
Usually I kenna from Taman Daya , Johor Jaya places where a lot of singaporeans area ...
I tried to see where to pay but i cant understand the malay written fine so i check with my malaysians colleagues and they told me its ok not to pay ...

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
This coming Sunday to the Johor zoo... Anyone Interested??...

It's always good to take precauTion against anyone who have bad intentions, but I think true blue sinkis won't have much bad intentions against their own ppl. Not everyone is bad apples! We came from a kaisu country come to Jb we became kasi!!!! It makes no difference if we move from SG or MY cos in SG everyone shut the door to all the neighbours .... There Is no communications, everyone became selfish and self centred....

Anyway I am not rich and famous not like others having lots of money and having a Kasi attitude!

Last edited by a moderator:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for taking time to answer, that helps, Ms Crystal, appreciate much :smile:

Wicha, generally if the parking lots are numbered, chances are you need to display parking coupon besides to look out for signboards indicating that you are in a coupon parking zone. Usually the time is from 0800 - 1800 hrs Mon to Sat.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This coming Sunday to the Johor zoo... Anyone Interested??...

It's always good to take precauTion against anyone who have bad intentions, but I think true blue sinkis won't have much bad intentions against their own ppl. Not everyone is bad apples! We came from a kaisu country come to Jb we became kasi!!!! It makes no difference if we move from SG or MY cos in SG everyone shut the door to all the neighbours .... There Is no communications, everyone became selfish and self centred....

Anyway I am not rich and famous not like others having lots of money and having a Kasi attitude!

Dude, can you lighten up? Read what I wrote, if you have to meet, do so but don't share nicks where possible, also meet those mainly in your neighbourhood first.

Forummers have always warned about this, not only if you are rich or famous. You keep emphasizing this, i worked as a security guard before and definitely not rich or famous. You have something against that, then more power to you. Some folks here have voiced their views on the government.

We want to remain positive without over exposing ourselves. There has been cases where forum folks have warned abou certain forummers recently. I have been having a really bad week and a bad headache so please read it on a positive note. If i was really against it, I would have deleted your posts wholesale instead of just advising against sharing of nicks.

Assume nothing. Never hurt anyone but always prepare to defend oneself. Defensive driving was taught for a purpose, its was not because of kiasuism, never take it for granted. Meet and don't share your nick, if you must meet up with people with new nicks, create a new nick too and then share that if you must.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, again those who asks to meet up including even invites from myself, do attend only if you know for sure there is a group meet up. Have some form of password without needing to identify ones nick. Some forummers here are ladies and there were more than a few cases of cheating done by fellow Singaporeans against their own.

Even in China, Canada and other countries just to name a few, perhaps because I read about such cases, hence the need to protect oneself, this is not about kiasu or kiasee, but rather about being prudent. The gent mentioned here was one of the infamous ones.:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?2175-Illegal-Immoral-amp-Unethical
http://www.sammyboy.com/archive/index.php/t-2954.html
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?72172-Hosting-Needed-For-Online-Karaoke-Chatroom

Some may diss this forum for being insecure, unprotected and threaten to leave yet are happy to meet up with complete strangers who just started posting.

So do be careful and take reasonable care against meeting up especially new nicks, best to start getting to know and form groups in your own neighbourhood first, determine that the person is really living there and then move on with the friendship from there. It's just my 2 cents,please feel free to ignore. Everyone has his or her risk tolerance so to each his own.

I have received more than a fair share of requests to band together and start a scheme to get comms from people coming out here. I have refused and until now still recommend people directly to each other.

I just do not wish to see my countrymen get cheated, that's all. People will know here if I ever benefitted from recommending them anything. Peace to everyone.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi

I can only answer some of yr qns.

Usually if u park infront of those shop houses at JB central , u need to display coupons , u can buy the coupons from the provisions shops or 7-11.
So far parking in Bk Indah without coupons is alright . I never kenna ...
Usually I kenna from Taman Daya , Johor Jaya places where a lot of singaporeans area ...
I tried to see where to pay but i cant understand the malay written fine so i check with my malaysians colleagues and they told me its ok not to pay ...

Thanks for your help with this sis, safest is to park at Jusco or some hypermarket where parking is free. MPJB fines are not linked to TP and so does not stop you from renewing road tax etc even if you do not pay. You can pay it online using your banks internet banking or at MPJB itself. You will also typically see a lot of cars having coupons in places where its required which indicates that you should too. Places like near Johore Jaya will definitely require it.

No matter what, I always play it safe, so even this one i will pay. As for traffic offences, yes you may get away with bribing today but if the record is still there, you may still get it tomorrow.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, can you lighten up? Read what I wrote, if you have to meet, do so but don't share nicks where possible, also meet those mainly in your neighbourhood first.

Forummers have always warned about this, not only if you are rich or famous. You keep emphasizing this, i worked as a security guard before and definitely not rich or famous. You have something against that, then more power to you. Some folks here have voiced their views on the government.

We want to remain positive without over exposing ourselves. There has been cases where forum folks have warned abou certain forummers recently. I have been having a really bad week and a bad headache so please read it on a positive note. If i was really against it, I would have deleted your posts wholesale instead of just advising against sharing of nicks.

Assume nothing. Never hurt anyone but always prepare to defend oneself. Defensive driving was taught for a purpose, its was not because of kiasuism, never take it for granted. Meet and don't share your nick, if you must meet up with people with new nicks, create a new nick too and then share that if you must.

Ok loh, u the boss ma! So strict one!?

So I meet u la! U must be the only trustworthy person in this forum!

Go with u sure no problem one rite?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok loh, u the boss ma! So strict one!?

So I meet u la! U must be the only trustworthy person in this forum!

Go with u sure no problem one rite?

I am definitely not the boss.

This was my other post yesterday, its up to you how you view it, start with your neighbourhood first and then move on from there and just be careful about sharing nicks thats all. You can still meet up without sharing nicks.

Re: Newbie questions
Dear all, again those who asks to meet up including even invites from myself, do attend only if you know for sure there is a group meet up. Have some form of password without needing to identify ones nick. Some forummers here are ladies and there were more than a few cases of cheating done by fellow Singaporeans against their own.

Even in China, Canada and other countries just to name a few, perhaps because I read about such cases, hence the need to protect oneself, this is not about kiasu or kiasee, but rather about being prudent. The gent mentioned here was one of the infamous ones.:

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?72172-Hosting-Needed-For-Online-Karaoke-Chatroom

Some may diss this forum for being insecure, unprotected and threaten to leave yet are happy to meet up with complete strangers who just started posting.

So do be careful and take reasonable care against meeting up especially new nicks, best to start getting to know and form groups in your own neighbourhood first, determine that the person is really living there and then move on with the friendship from there. It's just my 2 cents,please feel free to ignore. Everyone has his or her risk tolerance so to each his own.

I have received more than a fair share of requests to band together and start a scheme to get comms from people coming out here. I have refused and until now still recommend people directly to each other.

I just do not wish to see my countrymen get cheated, that's all. People will know here if I ever benefitted from recommending them anything. Peace to everyone. Last edited by wuqi256; Yesterday at 11:23 AM.

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am definitely not the boss.

This was my other post yesterday, its up to you how you view it, start with your neighbourhood first and then move on from there and just be careful about sharing nicks thats all. You can still meet up without sharing nicks.

Re: Newbie questions

I just do not wish to see my countrymen get cheated, that's all. People will know here if I ever benefitted from recommending them anything. Peace to everyone. Last edited by wuqi256; Yesterday at 11:23 AM.

Then u should put up the names of those who out for bad scheme ! U should inform us the truth what is happening in the forum! It's not ethical also to hide the truth! Everyone deserve to hear the truth!

Wicha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the parking tips, Mr Wuqi. Indeed, we would play it safe. Would behave abroad how we'd behave at home :smile: