• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Learn another new thing from you again Bro Wuqi......

btw, where is EL and NI?

Please don't say that, i don't have much for others to learn and still learning from lots around me.

The law of attraction means that if you keep thinking of problems, more problems will come.
If you think of solutions and happiness, then you will attract that instead. It doesn't care if you are
thinking positive or negative thoughts, it will attract what you are thinking regardless whether its good
for you or not.

Thats why i realised, there are so many thousands and millions of smart people in Singapore but not everyone
succeeds, not because they are not good enough but because they don't want to or think they cannot.

Thats why not even JB but they won't even venture elsewhere. Everything is just a few steps away but even
taking the first step is very very hard especially for Singaporeans.

East Ledang is very near to 2nd link and Nusa Idaman (Bukit Indah) is next to HH, separated by hills.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The surrounding area has at least 20 large attenna/comms tower, etc and the layout of the surrounding area is really favoured by some.
Proximity wise its closer to SG though. Some "masters" were taken to the place by locals, none, repeat none of them said the place can buy.

Bro, are u referring to the one beside St Indah? Sedia eco cascadia?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Since this is going to be Malaysia's election year, do you think it is wise to wait until after the elections before making a decision whether to buy a property in JB?

Its hard to say really, it may go up or go south depending on the outcome of the elections.
I would take a punt on this though as the likely outcome is pretty clear.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Two diff precincts bro. Cascadia is of higher class ... When it had inaugural opening early this year, they invited singer Fish Leong as one of the special guests, but I didn't get a chance to meet her ...

OK. Got it now. Its two separate precinct fm the other one near Setia Indah.

Tks bro.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

Hi guys, thanks for popping by this thread. Just wanna seek ur opinions on whether this is exaggerating..

The Nusajaya area is getting really popular among residential property developers and even some smaller players (not as big as UEMLand, Gamuda Land etc ) are also seeking a pie in this region. The past year alone, I've seen some of these smaller developers holding road shows at Bukit Indah Tesco and Sutera Mall. Ever since, I have visited some of these show houses (by smaller developers) and price ranges between RM250k+ to around RM600k+. Some of the units are smaller compared to the ones in HH, NI and other well-known major developments.

I'm not looking at major developments like HH and Nusa Duta as prices are hovering around the RM1million mark and is out of reach to me. Will most probably go for the lesser known developments by smaller developers. Am looking at houses ranging between RM500k to RM700k.

Other than visiting these show houses and finding out the prices, I even went took a look at the bricks and cement packaging nearby that is waiting to be used (I can't tell whether the quality is good or not but somehow I just worry). Over the next few days, I started to wonder about the quality of the building materials used by the smaller developers. Thought of various building defects starting to surface a few years after moving in.. and I even question myself if the roof will collapse on me at night etc..

Then this idea floated into my mind.. Was thinking of gathering a group of potential buyers in that development who are just as concern as me (or maybe I am the only neurotic one) and engage a civil engineer and do a site visit for a 2nd opinion. Probably also get advise on various aspects such as the quality and safety of the houses in this particular development.. given the quality of the building materials, what are the steps we need to take to keep it in good shape, eg: how often do we need to repaint the house, when is the recommended time to do a re-roofing or re-tiling etc.. is there anything we should take note of and carry out 10yrs, 20yrs or even 50yrs down the road, or maybe even demolish and re-built with better quality after a few decades.. is the foundation of the house properly built by the developer etc.

In the event we (the buyers) make the purchase and after collecting the keys, get the engineer to inspect the houses on our behalf for defects (maybe there are some defects which cannot be detected by the untrained eye) and whack the developer if there are any poor workmanship or failed promises based on the brochures and also to check & ensure that any remedial work is properly done. I'm hoping this will put the developers on their toes and send a signal to them that we have an expert here with us and they can forget about "smoking" us with lame excuses.

I'm not implying that every developer will play punk, but just wanna have a 2nd opinion from a trained person who can act on our self-interest so we can have a peace of mind. Just like why some people choose to visit another doctor for 2nd opinion.

Thereafter, for those who wish to carry out major renovations (hacking of walls, erecting of whatever structure you fancy etc), probably the engineer can also give recommendations on what type of good materials the contractor should use. The engineer will also ensure the renovation is properly done and also to detect any shoddy job. What seem like a job well done to lay people like us may not be normal to a trained civil engineer.

If there are any experienced Singaporean ( I trust NUS and other established universities) civil engineers who is out of a job, probably this can be a temporary respite from their jobless days.

What do you guys think of this idea? Is it extreme ?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

No no from me. U r definitely over doing it. And if u think confrontation will work in Malaysia, think again, and read more forums. Besides, your belief that all top developers will give u top notch built quality is already a fallacy.

Demolishing whole house and rebuild? This is too extreme mate. U need to drive around and explore more of JB. U will be amazed that how some structures, especially wood, have withstand its time and still standing.

If u don't trust the smaller developer, and spending all these extras, u might as well go with your belief and go for high/medium range of developers then

I really don't think u will find a lot of people thinking like u do. U shall just move on, IMHO

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

To add on, your budget isn't considered low and there are so many other developments that offer houses within this range.

Please read through more on the past postings. Cheers

Last edited:

BigCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

Cimb rm300 can open acct. Bring passport n ic. Hong leong bank also gd. Go their website b see. Just dun open at maybank. I hv both banks.
Brother,
If i don't have a local address, meaning i don't have house or work or study in M'sia, can i still open a bank account there ?

Last edited:

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro,

Thanks for dropping by. Advise noted.

Just to clarify some points, I'm not thinking of any confrontation but just having someone who is able to advise and assist normal laypersons like me.

I'm not having the impression that top developers will give top notch quality, but i believe most probably you will get something decent.

Actually I'm looking at medium range developers. One of the development which i visited, I actually spoke to another person who is also viewing the same property.. that person casually commented that the quality at another development is better. But then again, I wonder how this person determine the quality of the building material.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nobody would adopt your method, I don't think so. At most, get helps from some friends for advice.

Otherwise, visit more developments, visit their bare-unit show house, note down the materials/specs of houses, then u learn and compare along the way.

Easier if u point out the developments that u r looking at. There are a lot of learned bros and sis that may be able to give u actual feedbacks, if they have already bought something there or better still, they might be staying in the particular taman and give u actual feedback

Hi Bro,

Thanks for dropping by. Advise noted.

Just to clarify some points, I'm not thinking of any confrontation but just having someone who is able to advise and assist normal laypersons like me.

I'm not having the impression that top developers will give top notch quality, but i believe most probably you will get something decent.

Actually I'm looking at medium range developers. One of the development which i visited, I actually spoke to another person who is also viewing the same property.. that person casually commented that the quality at another development is better. But then again, I wonder how this person determine the quality of the building material.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

List out the developments u wish to compare. We can't guess, especially on your definition of top, medium and low ranges of developers

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am aware of other developments but I'm looking at the western side, probably somewhere near to Bukit Indah or nearby areas such as Taman U..

There are developments going on in places like pulai indah and further up but that is too far from customs. I have also visited Nusa Dua (not nusa duta) and another development just next to it (they are not too far off from up and coming attractions in nusajaya).. But somehow the houses are small and below RM500k.. They have a few units above RM500k but somehow the built up area is not that huge.. The potential for good amenities in that area is also not known.. so am forgoing that area..

To add on, your budget isn't considered low and there are so many other developments that offer houses within this range.

Please read through more on the past postings. Cheers

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where is nusa dua? I don't know that. I only know the nusa dua in Bali.

How big a house r u looking at? What type? I have a feeling u want minimally a cluster house. For that, u need to up your budget for most of the taman in the "west" have breached your budget. U need to manage your expectation.

Besides, don't bother what u heard from others, especially if u don't know the details. They might have different requirements altogether. Don't get all worked up over such "casual" remarks, as u have mentioned. Doing your own homework is key

I am aware of other developments but I'm looking at the western side, probably somewhere near to Bukit Indah or nearby areas such as Taman U..

There are developments going on in places like pulai indah and further up but that is too far from customs. I have also visited Nusa Dua (not nusa duta) and another development just next to it (they are not too far off from up and coming attractions in nusajaya).. But somehow the houses are small and below RM500k.. They have a few units above RM500k but somehow the built up area is not that huge.. The potential for good amenities in that area is also not known.. so am forgoing that area..

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

R u a Singaporean? Or will u buy under a malaysian's name? What's your circumstances?

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm..

I've pass by a couple of development somewhere between the area behind sutera mall (abit further back) and Taman Universiti. If I'm nt wrong , the developer is Mutiara Rini.. But somehow, the houses seem kinda small and the prices are below RM500k.

When I go further up towards Taman U, I saw another development (G&G), but the houses are quite huge.. Can't remember is it Semi-D or bungalow or wat, 40 x 120 or something around that size, sounds nice to have a very big house but then again quite a hassle when it comes to cleaning up, also, im nt really familiar with that area and the security..

Recently I saw another development near to this Mutiara Rini, I'm nt sure if its the same developer but the prices are around RM600+.. saw another SG car plate there as well.. The units are all cluster houses.. Anyone visited that area ?

I also realise that the big boys are all concentrating in the Nusajaya region. Wonder if they will build cheaper house on the outskirts probably somewhere near to Taman U..

List out the developments u wish to compare. We can't guess, especially on your definition of top, medium and low ranges of developers

Last edited: