• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi has been most helpful to newbies like me.

Perhaps I like to know which residential areas are closest to 2nd link and Causeway seperately?

Gelang Patah and Nusajaya closest to 2nd link?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd link - gelang patah (including setia Eco garden), east ledang, medini, puteri harbour, horizon hill, nusa sentral, nusa idaman, bukit indah, casa almyra, nusa duta, perling, taman laguna (the sequence or distance from second link - thereabouts)

Causeway - danga bay, taman laguna, permas jaya

Perhaps I like to know which residential areas are closest to 2nd link and Causeway seperately?

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bro whoami...trying to see ways where i can stretch my $$$$ la. Sinkiepoor is very expensive especially if you have low or no income.

I had looked into thailand or philippines but mebbe JB can lah ...especially with so much info here.

One of the reasons i didnt think about JB is that i thought that cos its so near sinkieland then the cost of living would also be quite high.

Wah bro. Bedok reservoir also quite prime area leh. So many condos coming up.

U also want to live in JB huh?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
thanks bro....i think i'm getting quite interested. Will slowly look through all these threads.

I am glad you are, this place was meant to be providing options to people with real pressing needs in life. I never really shared what
prompted me to do start the first page. Its dedicated to the guys still slogging in life, some cannot even afford a computer for their
kids and their kids got laughed at in school and the father almost ended it. He was a believer in the system just as i was and it just
failed him.

If this forum can indirectly save one more life, why not try at least? I believe in arming oneself with knowledge and make use of this
repository with mixed comments to tempers one enthusiam and with better understanding. Thailand/Taiwan/NZ are also viable options.

Its always good to have your options open and not think that SG is the only place to be.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro whoami...trying to see ways where i can stretch my $$$$ la. Sinkiepoor is very expensive especially if you have low or no income.

I had looked into thailand or philippines but mebbe JB can lah ...especially with so much info here.

One of the reasons i didnt think about JB is that i thought that cos its so near sinkieland then the cost of living would also be quite high.

Agree, it is and there isn't any fallback net. Yes you definitely can. I thought so too but there are inner parts of Johore even that are still reasonable. This is really a good place if one lives within their means. I ignored Johore for too long back then.

A wise old gent once told me, SG is like a river, you can grow but SG is still a small river no matter how deep it goes. One needs to go to the sea (the world) where though it has more dangers, is also big enough for one to grow to his fullest potential.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
2nd link - gelang patah (including setia Eco garden), east ledang, medini, puteri harbour, horizon hill, nusa sentral, nusa idaman, bukit indah, casa almyra, nusa duta, perling, taman laguna (the sequence or distance from second link - thereabouts)

Causeway - danga bay, taman laguna, permas jaya

Thanks bro for always sharing, good people like you make my life easier. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Westcoastbay, bro DOA has already responded. :smile:
Gelang Patah is the nearest actually and that area is slowly (actually quite fast these days, amazing) undergoing transformation.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I'm new here ..as just brought a unit at HH..now problem is can't find a way to remittance money from sg to MY, which time need to bring a lot of cash in.feel not safe.

You can do it the new way, remitting via remittence firms in SG. Bros here have shared where to go including going to the Arcade (if i remember correctly)

Through banks as well but you have to pay a higher price both for the remittence fees as well as exchange rates.

The other alternative (the old way) is to TELL NO ONE, not even family and bring the funds in slowly per visit.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro this thread should be out earlier.... Very useful!

For point number 19. I am very sceptical or maybe not so clear on that. Do u mean we can drive MY registered car into SG then make a u turn??? Tot I saw a sign at SG immigration stating PR and Sgans cannot drive a MY registered vehicle into SG??

Sorry if I bring up this question and maybe the rest also want to know. Cheers......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro this thread should be out earlier.... Very useful!

For point number 19. I am very sceptical or maybe not so clear on that. Do u mean we can drive MY registered car into SG then make a u turn??? Tot I saw a sign at SG immigration stating PR and Sgans cannot drive a MY registered vehicle into SG??

Sorry if I bring up this question and maybe the rest also want to know. Cheers......

I did a test for bro LGlab before where i drove my MY car (please note MY car) past the MY customs and did a U turn back when it says U turn ke Malaysia.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did a test for bro LGlab before where i drove my MY car (please note MY car) past the MY customs and did a U turn back when it says U turn ke Malaysia.

Maybe because u stay there long enough and they know u and let u go.... Hehehehe

Will find out more on that and thks bro for informing so I dun need to park the MY car at the interchange and go take public transport to make u turns... If can apply long term pass better but I think only those with MY wife....

Bro u meet up LGboy already???

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe because u stay there long enough and they know u and let u go.... Hehehehe

Will find out more on that and thks bro for informing so I dun need to park the MY car at the interchange and go take public transport to make u turns... If can apply long term pass better but I think only those with MY wife....

Bro u meet up LGboy already???

Seriously they don't know me as i am too insignificant.
Don't need to, can with the MM2H programme for 10 years. Just put lots of money inside or buy a million dollar home and put in 150k MYR permanently into an FD. You don't need to as every month just go back once or just do a u turn and come back straightaway. Best to
have MACS on your passport. Of course, must also watch out for your SG passport expiry date.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed plus chop as i have done it before.

Well done bro!! That's why I love MY!

Last time I used to ride my bike in and out of MY, went tru sg immigration then cross the causeway, just zoom in like those MY bikes dun need to fill up white card and no need chop, last time younger time very daring.. Come out from MY just zoom out... Really crazy stunt.. Gone were the days...

Because those MYsians just show their passport and dun need to stop and we have to stop on both sides so I tot it's unfair, just follow MYsians style.. Last time bike long queue and only 2 officers chopping, so just zoom in! Haha

Now no more such nonsense....:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi

At this rate, Khaw will call you and have table talk as Singaporeans start moving to JB and he got HDB house glut.

Well done bro.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
bro..if ever i get to have a drink with you...the first 10 rounds on me la.

I am glad you are, this place was meant to be providing options to people with real pressing needs in life. I never really shared what
prompted me to do start the first page. Its dedicated to the guys still slogging in life, some cannot even afford a computer for their
kids and their kids got laughed at in school and the father almost ended it. He was a believer in the system just as i was and it just
failed him.

If this forum can indirectly save one more life, why not try at least? I believe in arming oneself with knowledge and make use of this
repository with mixed comments to tempers one enthusiam and with better understanding. Thailand/Taiwan/NZ are also viable options.

Its always good to have your options open and not think that SG is the only place to be.