• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Ipad

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look almost the same as ipad2, feel the same as ipad2. if you have seen and use an ipad 2 before. then you already know how is ipad3 look like. give you ipad2 and ipad3 next to each other, switch the label, you cannot tell which is which.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, anyone tried? Any good?

The retina display is WAY overrated imo. U put an IPad 2 and new IPad side by side, yes you can tell a little bit of difference but not by much. If U put something with Super AMOLED like the Samsung Galaxy 7.7 beside a new IPad, almost no difference. Something very important U need to remember, the graphics also need to depend on the source. If Ur source file is lousy, e.g. movie file is of poor quality, having a new IPad doesn't do anything for it and to begin with most of the newer tablets already support 1080p graphics with little issue. If U already have an IPad 2, I strongly suggest U save your money.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The retina display is WAY overrated imo. U put an IPad 2 and new IPad side by side, yes you can tell a little bit of difference but not by much. If U put something with Super AMOLED like the Samsung Galaxy 7.7 beside a new IPad, almost no difference. Something very important U need to remember, the graphics also need to depend on the source. If Ur source file is lousy, e.g. movie file is of poor quality, having a new IPad doesn't do anything for it and to begin with most of the newer tablets already support 1080p graphics with little issue. If U already have an IPad 2, I strongly suggest U save your money.

yeah fat pap dog, you should update your pro pap blog with such useful advice.

newyorkking

Are you sure you have done any comparison? I have both ipads and the screens are definitely different. Watch a movie on HD like YipMan - you can see how sharp RETINA is! I have sold my ipad2 already!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello, anyone tried? Any good?

You can bet that there are companies out there working on the next generation of apps that takes advantage of the retina display. That's why Apple is so successful because they are leading the market :smile:
So even if you don't see that much of an improvement today, you don't know about tomorrow. For example I read that many of the upcoming text books in the US will take advantage of the retina display.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can bet that there are companies out there working on the next generation of apps that takes advantage of the retina display. That's why Apple is so successful because they are leading the market :smile:
So even if you don't see that much of an improvement today, you don't know about tomorrow. For example I read that many of the upcoming text books in the US will take advantage of the retina display.

Yeah and the file sizes will be unnecessarily huge, with no expendable memory on the Ipad, this would suck. Another worthless upgrade, so no point actually, an answer to a question that was never asked. Sucessful or lucky?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right. The Samsung 7.7 has a brilliant screen with crisp deep colours. Sometimes, it is not just about the number of pixels you can cram into a screen. It is also about how they manage the colour reproduction.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah and the file sizes will be unnecessarily huge, with no expendable memory on the Ipad, this would suck. Another worthless upgrade, so no point actually, an answer to a question that was never asked. Sucessful or lucky?

In the states people watch movies on their iPhones & iPad via streaming.

With the cloud I don't think storage is an issue anymore:confused: