• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
And with more Singapore money flowing into JB properties,
the more reason for the Johor Government to raise the min value for foreign purchase....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I see, there will be two tier measures.

They will control those areas which are meant more for locals. Other areas like Medini and Puteri Harbour will not be affected. Cos its not the in the Authorities interest to slow down the developments there. Anyway, its just a political card lar.. elections are coming .. and locals voice need to be addressed in some way.

So dun buy into those areas since we already know. Concentrate your investments in Puteri Harbour (Freehold) or Medini (Leasehold) instead.

Puteri Harbour prices are beyond me and they are mostly condos, which I think is better for flipping. Singaporeans staying in JB in near future are more likely to look for alternative life-style such as staying in landed with lower cost and pace of living. I am betting on G&G FH landed. Zone A beyond city center is still not speculated as heavily as zone B so I bought there instead. But my criteria is less than 30min drive from 1st link to door step and near to malls, shops and hospital - key elements to attract Singaporeans in their 50s when I flip next time.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's Business Times:

"IN A BID to rein in prices because of the growing interest in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor is mulling a doubling of the floor price for properties bought by foreigners in the state to RM1 million (S$404,240) from RM500,000 at present. If implemented, Singaporeans as the largest group of foreign buyers would be the most affected by the tightening of such guidelines.
Local government, housing, arts, culture and heritage committee chairman Ahmad Zahri Jamil revealed that the state economic planning unit is looking into the matter and would make a decision on the matter later this year.
"We are concerned about the spiralling house prices in the state, especially in Iskandar Malaysia," the Star daily yesterday reported Mr Ahmad as saying. "One waterfront project with 500 units was fully taken up with just 30 per cent of the project completed," he observed.
If Johor opts to raise the price floor, it would be the second state after Penang to do so. Last year, the Penang state government increased the threshold to RM1 million for apartments on the island acquired by foreigners, and double that amount for landed property."

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Harbour prices are beyond me and they are mostly condos, which I think is better for flipping. Singaporeans staying in JB in near future are more likely to look for alternative life-style such as staying in landed with lower cost and pace of living. I am betting on G&G FH landed. Zone A beyond city center is still not speculated as heavily as zone B so I bought there instead. But my criteria is less than 30min drive from 1st link to door step and near to malls, shops and hospital - key elements to attract Singaporeans in their 50s when I flip next time.

I beg to differ. Many Singaporeans I spoke to actually prefer to stay in Condos for retirement. Less area to clean up and with more facilities.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ. Many Singaporeans I spoke to actually prefer to stay in Condos for retirement. Less area to clean up and with more facilities.

Maybe you are right but I'm not targeting the fully-retired people (in their late 60s onwards).

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Generally condo are better secured since it is much easier to guard a few blocks than to guard a big parcel of land though its fenced up

Card system is by far the best way to secure a condo....

Once the thief saw the card access; they will target other project....

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it really depends on your investment objective. For me, the property is more for retirement than rental, thus condo is my preferred choice. Security is also my main concern too.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporean and malaysian requirement are different I guess. Most malaysian prefer to stay in landed for retirement.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to Singapore government. More fund will flow into inskandar.
May or May not. As Spore goes down, less secondary properties is sold by existing owners at high prices. Hence they had less cash to invest in JB. JB price trend in the past had always follows Spore prices. If Spore is up, JB is up. If Spore is down, JB is down. Reflectivity theory...

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
May or May not. As Spore goes down, less secondary properties is sold by existing owners at high prices. Hence they had less cash to invest in JB. JB price trend in the past had always follows Spore prices. If Spore is up, JB is up. If Spore is down, JB is down. Reflectivity theory...

the situation now is SG property prices wont go down... because of cheap interest rates n liquidity,
thus better holding power, some will not sell their second or third properties cos will kanna absd when they buy again and also the LTVs.

Now is the diversion of hot cash whom are looking for places to park... definitely to commercial.. but industrial now got measures... left office n retail.. but already sky high asking prices, so no choice but to channel elsewhere like Iskandar or KL, with more factors cleared like the elections n High Speed Rail, more will go in and buy.

more and more Singapore developers n property agents will move up north as business dry up in Singapore.

even singapore banks might soon follow suit of local lending drops...
they are already offering cheap SGD loans for Australia and London properties, so might be possible to offer for Malaysia as well (maybe subject to Singapore developer projects only)

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
From today business times Malaysia. Iskandar investment is intensifying its effort to make it world class place to work, live and play. It's near enough to Singapore so I believe more and more foreigners and PRs who live and work in Singapore will channel their attention to iskandar. I feel landed will be highly sought after than non landed because of scarcity.

Iskandar Investment to launch catalytic projects

ISKANDAR Investment Bhd is intensifying its investments in Iskandar Malaysia in Johor to make it an international metropolis and to be one of the world's most livable cities.

Iskandar Investment plans to do this by introducing new catalytic projects for sustainable growth.

President and chief executive officer Datuk Syed Mohamed Syed Ibrahim said the aim is to make Iskandar Malaysia a metropolis of international standing, comparable to London, New York, Auckland and Singapore. It also plans to turn the region into one of the world's top 10 most livable cities.

Based on the strategic roadmap, 2012 is the tipping point for Iskandar Malaysia and it has achieved the level as most of the catalytic projects planned since 2006 have been recently completed.
"A livable city means having a good mix of community, leisure, education, healthcare, entertainment, art, quality, security, broadband connectivity and public transport. We knew what the gaps were and came up with the roadmap to bridge the gap.

"The roadmap has all these components that we need to do to achieve the vision of Iskandar Malaysia in becoming a metropolis of international standing," Syed Mohamed said in an interview.

He added that investments by the Federal government to build new infrastructure and develop catalytic projects have supported the current situation in Iskandar Malaysia, which is buzzing with activities.

"Perhaps, we shouldn't have been too cautiously optimistic in developing Iskandar Malaysia. We should have built more five-star hotels. We have shortage of rooms now in Johor," Syed Mohamed said.

He said despite the global financial crisis, there is still a lot of vested interest in Iskandar Malaysia.

"We have secured investors or investments from the Far East, including Japan, China and South Korea. There are more investors in the Iskandar region today as they see the upside and potential. Those early birds are laughing their way to the banks," Syed Mohamed said.

He said several European companies have asked Iskandar Investment if it intends to attract investors from Europe.

"We will be cautious and realistic with new investments pouring into the region to make sure that they benefit from putting their money there.

"We have learnt the lesson from places in other parts of the world, which were considered hot spots. There was phenomenal growth, which was creating an artificial situation. The demand was not real, but created by speculators," Syed Mohamed noted.

He said Iskandar Investment wants to ensure that demand in Iskandar Malaysia is "real".

"Growth should not be fuelled by pure speculation. We want the region to remain a healthy investment destination," Syed Mohamed added.

Property prices in some well-planned housing projects are now hovering around RM700-RM800 per square feet (psf) in Iskandar Malaysia, from RM300 psf in two to three years ago, especially in the Nusajaya area.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporean and malaysian requirement are different I guess. Most malaysian prefer to stay in landed for retirement.

Just curious, will it be because the family unit in Malaysia is bigger as compared to Singapore? They need bigger place to stay. More hands also help to lighten the work load of maintaining the landed home.

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious, will it be because the family unit in Malaysia is bigger as compared to Singapore? They need bigger place to stay. More hands also help to lighten the work load of maintaining the landed home.

Space, my friend. Why cramp yourself in a pigeon hole?

Ever notice how children playing happily at our very own garden?

We need not worry about climbing the stairs when old. Just buy a single storey house, with big extra land/garden for retirees.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

perhaps we malaysian are more use to staying in landed. have extra land around the house to do some gardening will be even better.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
currently staying in apartment and I swear to myself I will not stay in another highrise for the rest of my life.

after done some shopping or come back from a holiday usually need to make at least 2 trips to carry all the stuff back into the house.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
currently staying in apartment and I swear to myself I will not stay in another highrise for the rest of my life.

after done some shopping or come back from a holiday usually need to make at least 2 trips to carry all the stuff back into the house.

What do you mean?

You like your current high rise and you will not stay else where...

or

You now prefer landed and will not stay in condo anymore?