• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The next question will be how much is the fare ...

Depending on the numbers it could carry as well as estimated amount of daily passengers, I would think about 40 rm each way unless there are further taxes levied upon the operator

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
New development launching in Medini, Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia.

d'Residences at Medini

Most affordable condo starting from only SGD $1XXk, and you pay upfront cash of only SGD $10+K! Plus DIBS means developer absorbs interest till TOP, meaning no loan repayment till TOP.

SMS me at 81632525 (Lester Chia) to register or for more info.

Looks like Medini is taking off quickly!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

just wondering which constituency is Medini under ? now under BN or PKR ?

I think we should be worrying more about State control rather than Constituency influence. Nothing gets changed even if the MP wants to run things his way.

Delighted to stand corrected by any learned Malaysians out there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think we should be worrying more about State control rather than Constituency influence. Nothing gets changed even if the MP wants to run things his way.

Delighted to stand corrected by any learned Malaysians out there.

Yes, not much power there as one needs all 3 to run to have maximum effect, Federal, State and Constituency.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, not much power there as one needs all 3 to run to have maximum effect, Federal, State and Constituency.

You miss out on the Sultan power.

When come to big decision, it is make known to the sultan before going into Parliament for a debate. If the Sultan do not like the bill, it will not even reach the parliament.

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
You miss out on the Sultan power.

When come to big decision, it is make known to the sultan before going into Parliament for a debate. If the Sultan do not like the bill, it will not even reach the parliament.

Iskandar is quite special as I think it is managed 50% by Federal and 50% by Johor state.

I heard that it has full backing of Sultan of Johor and he is very influential and has a big say in how things are run. This is what a malaysian told me, don't whack me !

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You think the Sultan have no interest in the 2217 km sq of land to be develop as Iskandar?

He is the Johor Sultan; I doubt he let people play in his backyard without some form of .......:biggrin:

Iskandar is quite special as I think it is managed 50% by Federal and 50% by Johor state.

I heard that it has full backing of Sultan of Johor and he is very influential and has a big say in how things are run. This is what a malaysian told me, don't whack me !

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think the Sultan have no interest in the 2217 km sq of land to be develop as Iskandar?

He is the Johor Sultan; I doubt he let people play in his backyard without some form of .......:biggrin:

i follow Ah Kong's power.. titter.gif

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand there are several more new developments coming up in Medini like Iskandar Residences & Affiniti strata landed. Have to study the differences before making a choice. So Meridin is still open for booking?
Going by the surge in Ringgit &stocks( mainly banks and Iskandar related property counters) I think the naysayers may be missing the boat.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The KL Composite Index continues to be upbeat about the new Government as share prices continue to soar. All the pent up buying is happening now.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand there are several more new developments coming up in Medini like Iskandar Residences & Affiniti strata landed. Have to study the differences before making a choice. So Meridin is still open for booking?
Going by the surge in Ringgit &stocks( mainly banks and Iskandar related property counters) I think the naysayers may be missing the boat.

Actually soar in ringgit does not mean property will become more expensive. If buyers are discouraged due to increase in JB property price in S$ terms, developer will have to adjust ringgit price if they want to sell.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually soar in ringgit does not mean property will become more expensive. If buyers are discouraged due to increase in JB property price in S$ terms, developer will have to adjust ringgit price if they want to sell.

Well said! It is about doing the deal. I think the Malaysian developers are still looking to attract Singaporeans! $$$

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is Singaporeans make up a very small part of the pie. I hear many other foreigners like Japanese, Chinese are also coming in. If you ask around, it appears latest launches there are many going for the units. So even if prices are a bit higher like 10 to 20%, they may still have enough buyers. Malaysia is now one of the few relatively safe, undervalued places for investors to park their capital. But I doubt it will go up too much too fast . With Lim Kit Siang in the picture, I wont eb surprised if the minimum amount is raised for foreigners, like In penang. Although in Penang's case, it only led to prices rising. The Dewan Undangan Negeri is still under BN though.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is Singaporeans make up a very small part of the pie. I hear many other foreigners like Japanese, Chinese are also coming in. If you ask around, it appears latest launches there are many going for the units. So even if prices are a bit higher like 10 to 20%, they may still have enough buyers. Malaysia is now one of the few relatively safe, undervalued places for investors to park their capital. But I doubt it will go up too much too fast . With Lim Kit Siang in the picture, I wont eb surprised if the minimum amount is raised for foreigners, like In penang. Although in Penang's case, it only led to prices rising. The Dewan Undangan Negeri is still under BN though.

Very true indeed. Many SMEs in Japan have turned away from being too insular in the past especially with their unfortunate experience of the Fukushima Tsunami. They are now looking out of their borders for the first time and this may bring them to Malaysia due to the affordable factor. Singapore is no longer the destination of choice from a value stand point.