• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA Summoned NSP For Illegal Hawking Of Political Papers

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest, breaking. This morning, Chris Neo, Vice President of NSP, has been issued summons for a S$300 fine by NEA for illegal hawking of political (but MITA approved) papers in Tampines area.

Mystery Machine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Outrageous.

Blatant clamp down on legal opposition politicians hawking.

Civil serpents have to follow their masters' commands..

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Surprising, we have overwhelming support from residents of Tampines, resulting in our RECORD promotion of North Star within one morning's outreach.

Our papers and messages must have created a great impact so much so that someone are just too desperate to use such tactic.

All political parties with a party organ/publication have been promoting their papers for donkey years and only now, they decided that what we were doing all along is illegal hawking! Let's see whether they summon Sylvia Lim and Low TK for illegal hawking in their next political outreach.

Goh Meng Seng

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have always said that government dogs are the most treacherous, now you all believe?

Surprising, we have overwhelming support from residents of Tampines, resulting in our RECORD promotion of North Star within one morning's outreach.

Our papers and messages must have created a great impact so much so that someone are just too desperate to use such tactic.

All political parties with a party organ/publication have been promoting their papers for donkey years and only now, they decided that what we were doing all along is illegal hawking! Let's see whether they summon Sylvia Lim and Low TK for illegal hawking in their next political outreach.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have always said that government dogs are the most treacherous, now you all believe?

They are just civil servants and they are doing their job. It is also our job to make life slightly difficult for them.

But I guess our messages are spreading very fast, in a viral way. That is why PAP is a little panicky over it.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We have written in last week to seek clarifications from NEA on this issue. Their officer called me and I asked him to give me a formal written reply.

Basically, we are asking them, if this is illegal hawking, is there any relevant license in which organizations like political parties could apply. We would be glad to abide by the law and do the necessary application. But his reply is, there is none.

But instead of replying me in formal writing, NEA sent people down to disturb us again and now, summon our Vice President. Our President and Steve Chia have asked them to summon all of us or just round us up, they refused to do so. Apparently, they just want to show to their boss they have done their job.

So now the question is really this, under PAP's law, all opposition parties including Workers Party, are not allowed to go on outreach to promote their views and messages via the sales of their newspapers? If that is so, let PAP be upfront about this and make it a FIRM stand. Don't need to hide behind some poor civil servants' pants.

Goh Meng Seng

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,,, $300 only still can run for election,,,,,,,,

later kena fine for >$2500 cannot run for election then know,,,,,,,,,,,,,

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have written in last week to seek clarifications from NEA on this issue. Their officer called me and I asked him to give me a formal written reply.

Basically, we are asking them, if this is illegal hawking, is there any relevant license in which organizations like political parties could apply. We would be glad to abide by the law and do the necessary application. But his reply is, there is none.

But instead of replying me in formal writing, NEA sent people down to disturb us again and now, summon our Vice President. Our President and Steve Chia have asked them to summon all of us or just round us up, they refused to do so. Apparently, they just want to show to their boss they have done their job.

So now the question is really this, under PAP's law, all opposition parties including Workers Party, are not allowed to go on outreach to promote their views and messages via the sales of their newspapers? If that is so, let PAP be upfront about this and make it a FIRM stand. Don't need to hide behind some poor civil servants' pants.

Goh Meng Seng

excellent you can now lawfully n formally write to Yaacob . Ask him ho how to do yr a dctivity lawfully. hiow to get license when there is NONE?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Excellent. Now you can formally write to Yaacob how to be lawful n licensed when there is NONE of thse licenses to dpply.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WP don't pay fine. I'd be disappointed if NSP pay the fine. A page from old legendary chronicles. Once upon a time some years ago at Sembawang God of Fortune Temple, WP Hougang brought a day-tour group of aunties and uncles there. I was one of the volunteer bus "leaders" (in charge of making sure no aunties or uncles gone missing from my bus).

As they were busy inside the temple praying for their fortunes, I strolled outside to have a puff break with another comrade. The buses were parked outside of course, and a driver approached me, saying there's a traffic police asking them to leave, or else summon all (16 buses).

I approached the officer, told him to wait, and went inside to get Low T.K. out of course. The officer told L.T.K. the same thing, all buses to leave now or else summon all. I sniped a sideshot, "Officer, doesn't the Academy teach saluting a Member of Parliament nowadays?" The officer was taken aback slightly but recovered with composure and a salute, "Sorry sir, but this lane is double yellow lines and no parking. I have to do my job."

L.T.K. replied, "These buses are parked lined up neatly obstructing nobody. These drivers are making a humble living and I won't allow them to be summoned. If you insist, I'll tell them to leave now. Inside there're more than 600 aunties and uncles relying on them for transport. I'll give them your name and tell them to go home themselves or go to TP."

The officer was visibly taken aback again, "No sir, that's not what I meant. I mean please leave the area as soon as possible. Is another 15 minutes OK?" L.T.K. said, "20 minutes, you know elderlies can't walk fast."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think GMS had already stated that they will go to court. This unlike SDP approach has alot more legs and a natural to garner votes.

WP don't pay fine. I'd be disappointed if NSP pay the fine. A page from old legendary chronicles. "

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thankfully, you are now there to wreck their effort.

And now you've come out openly to point fingers at Thia Khiang and Sylvia.

Let's see how the NSP fares in the next election especially in Tampines. I am prepared to bet they won't be the top performing party.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thankfully, you are now there to wreck their effort.

And now you've come out openly to point fingers at Thia Khiang and Sylvia.

Let's see how the NSP fares in the next election especially in Tampines. I am prepared to bet they won't be the top performing party.

You don't even know what I am talking about. :wink:

Everybody does the same thing, including Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim. If we are breaking the law of "illegal hawking", so do they. You mean they should be treated differently?

The first principle of Law as stated in our Constitution, all must treated as equals.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Article on The Online Citizen

On 27 June, officers from the National Environment Agency (NEA) gave verbal warnings to members of the opposition National Solidarity Party (NSP) to stop the sale of their party newspaper, The North Star. The NSP had been doing what opposition parties have been doing for years – reaching out to residents in HDB estates and going about selling their party newspapers. This time however it seems the authorities are going by the book. The NSP members were told that what they were doing was “illegal hawking”.

After that incident, which took place in Bendemeer, the party sought clarification from the Chief Executive of the NEA. Besides wanting to know if selling its party newspaper by going about hawker centres, markets, shops and coffeeshops, was illegal, the party also asked, if it was indeed illegal, where the party could apply for the relevant permit. It also asked NEA if any political party had been issued with such a licence or permit in the past.

“An officer called me up and told me that there is only licence for individuals who are from the low income group to do mobile hawking,” NSP secretary-general, Mr Goh Meng Seng, told The Online Citizen. “Apparently there isn’t any license for political party like ours to conduct our political outreach. However, our activity is deemed as ‘illegal hawking’. I told him to write to me officially to state his stand. I have not received his official letter so far.”

On Sunday 4 July, while going about the sale of its newspaper at Tampines, the NSP’s vice-president, Mr Christopher Neo, was issued with a summon for S$300 by NEA officers. The reason? “Illegal hawking”.

“Sebastian and Steve offered to be summoned as well but [the NEA officers] did not want to act on that. Sebastian also wanted them to summon each and every one of us, but they declined also,” Mr Goh explained. Mr Sebastian Teo is the party’s president while Mr Steve Chia is a former Non-constituency Member of Parliament and the party’s treasurer.

“Apparently, this is just an exercise of intimidation,” Mr Goh says. “If our activity is really “illegal hawking”, they will have to either summon all of us or arrest all of us if we refuse to be summoned. They did neither of these.”

Mr Goh asks if this means that all opposition parties are legally banned from carrying out their weekly political outreach by selling their newspapers.
TOC understands that a first-time offender can be fined up to S$1,000 for illegal hawking. Repeat offenders can be fined up to S$4,000 plus jail terms.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sniped a sideshot, "Officer, doesn't the Academy teach saluting a Member of Parliament nowadays?" The officer was taken aback slightly but recovered with composure and a salute, "Sorry sir, but this lane is double yellow lines and no parking. I have to do my job."

NSP don't got no MPs no more.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
SGP_flooded.jpg

NSP recently issued a press statement with regards to floods.

So is that why Yaacob's NEA now goes after NSP which they NEVER BEFORE? :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::cool: