• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA Summoned NSP For Illegal Hawking Of Political Papers

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Uncle Yap,

I won't want to speculate on this one. We are merely playing our role as an effective opposition party to raise important issues which are closest to Singaporeans' heart as and when the need arises. If our doings are to step on other people's toes (well, it always does), so be it. It is up for Singaporeans at large to judge whether the issues we have raised are reasonable and valid or not.

We are still "lagging behind" people like your good self in terms of civil disobedience. We are very much willing to abide to any regulations, rules or law as far as possible even if it is just that bit unreasonable. However, in this case, such blanket classification of our usual political outreach as "illegal hawking" is totally unacceptable. All political parties have been doing it for donkey years, it cannot be that such activities have suddenly become "illegal hawking" overnight.

Besides, we are kind enough to seek clarifications on whatever valid license we could apply as political party to keep ourselves within the law. But unfortunately, there is none.

But instead of getting an official written reply on our queries, NEA has chosen to come down harsh on us again. Initially I told them off. I said, I have written to your CEO on this matter but he has not replied officially. Are you going to decide for him what to do with this matter? They just ignored.

But I can see that it is only right that this matter to be settled once and for all opposition parties. We are no longer satisfied with "grey area" of the law in which we have been dancing around with. We want a formal settlement of this issue. Our aim is to get NEA to agree to put up a special category of license for any organizations like political parties which want to carry out mobile sales of anything, to apply. Alternatively, change the rules to exclude political activities from such requirement of hawker licensing.... well, it is absurd because we are not selling any food which will involve the issue of hygiene.

Formalize the process. Get the rule of law in order, instead of depends on people's fancy on whether to issue summon or not. This is what I want for Singapore.

Goh Meng Seng

SGP_flooded.jpg

NSP recently issued a press statement with regards to floods.

So is that why Yaacob's NEA now goes after NSP which they NEVER BEFORE? :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::cool:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its tells you the calibre of the clowns we have. This guy is a scholar, a rising star and previously the PPS for old man. He became one of the youngest to holds this position or a similar position.

Yet he is fearful of making a decision. That's quite telling. He, by the way is slated for the potential pool of ministers.

May you should write to the chairman of NEA who is highly respected, has the moral sense of right and wrong and is bound to act. She is the daughter of Tan Chin Tuan who had more balls than all these idiots put together. The daughter from her actions and deeds has shown that the fruit does not fall far from the tree.

But instead of getting an official written reply on our queries, NEA has chosen to come down harsh on us again. Initially I told them off. I said, I have written to your CEO on this matter but he has not replied officially. Are you going to decide for him what to do with this matter? They just ignored.
Goh Meng Seng

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Government dogs + Civil Serpents.... man that's a ugly pairing indeed

Just watched alice in wonderland.. a particular statement was spoken from the Horse's mouth 'Dogs, they believe anything you tell them"..

Right from the horse's mouth!! The wellirism and satire!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Its tells you the calibre of the clowns we have. This guy is a scholar, a rising star and previously the PPS for old man. He became one of the youngest to holds this position or a similar position.

Yet he is fearful of making a decision. That's quite telling. He, by the way is slated for the potential pool of ministers.

May you should write to the chairman of NEA who is highly respected, has the moral sense of right and wrong and is bound to act. She is the daughter of Tan Chin Tuan who had more balls than all these idiots put together. The daughter from her actions and deeds has shown that the fruit does not fall far from the tree.

Dear Scroobal,

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem of NEA is that nobody inside has balls to formalize such activities for fear of agitating the top. Especially so when you are slated to become some big shots later on in your life, would you do such thing to jeopardize your chance?

Maybe I should try to write to the Chairman of NEA really. But I will let this matter go wild for a while. I have tried to tell the NEA officers that there will be consequences if they really summon us and in fact, carry out a last ditch effort to stop them from doing so.

But since now the issue is out in the open, the ball is now in NEA's court to resolve this issue. Else, the vague memory of "fix opposition" talk in the last elections will surface. In fact, it has already surfaced.

I really pity those NEA officers on the ground. They have a job to do and most probably listen to instructions from above. But it is my job on the ground to engage them, in a stern and firm way.

Goh Meng Seng

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did NSP tell the residence of Tampines that they intend to abolish death penalty in their papers?? :oIo::oIo::oIo:
Why GMS is so afraid to tell Singaporean of his noble intention? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxy4wvDmS3E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxy4wvDmS3E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::mad::mad:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBWdXZJjXAs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBWdXZJjXAs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you will indeed be following protocol and accepted norm. Their staff can decide or provide an answer. You wrote to the CEO and the same, so now the chairman has to provide guidance.

I am sure you will get a note saying that the matter has been referred but believe me, they will be scrambling as they would have to provide an update to her on their response.

Dear Scroobal,
Maybe I should try to write to the Chairman of NEA really. But I will let this matter go wild for a while. I have tried to tell the NEA officers that there will be consequences if they really summon us and in fact, carry out a last ditch effort to stop them from doing so.
Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
And you will indeed be following protocol and accepted norm. Their staff can decide or provide an answer. You wrote to the CEO and the same, so now the chairman has to provide guidance.

I am sure you will get a note saying that the matter has been referred but believe me, they will be scrambling as they would have to provide an update to her on their response.

Well, I also find it very strange that NEA wanted to do that, fine NSP? We will let this issue steam the internet for a while before we act.

There is really no political brownie points to be gained from such exercise, even for someone who are ready to take on the million dollar ministerial post. I do not believe it comes direct from Yaacob and it seems that you have provided me the answer here. :wink:

Yes, since the CEO of NEA has fouled up this issue, so the next protocol is to write to the Chairman. It would be interesting to see their reactions though.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Both the ST and Zaobao reporters called me today to look for more information. Let's see whether they report about this incident tomorrow or not.

Goh Meng Seng

gewatchdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is true, this person is not fit to be a Minister. Such revengeful heart is not the virtue of a minister or a muslim.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprising, we have overwhelming support from residents of Tampines, resulting in our RECORD promotion of North Star within one morning's outreach.

Our papers and messages must have created a great impact so much so that someone are just too desperate to use such tactic.

All political parties with a party organ/publication have been promoting their papers for donkey years and only now, they decided that what we were doing all along is illegal hawking! Let's see whether they summon Sylvia Lim and Low TK for illegal hawking in their next political outreach.

Goh Meng Seng

This is what I was telling you about, that day in this thread. I am uploading the mata video now & some video I recorded of 新明日报 sales and promotion at the Bugis MRT. I was selling SDP's The New Democrats at Bukit Panjang SMC in April 2006 just a week before parliament was resolved.

SPH cameraman took my photo outside of District Court today.:wink:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_549839.html

Singapore

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Jul 5, 2010

SDP's Chee, supporter fined

<!-- by line --> By Khushwant Singh
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
yap.jpg
Yap asked for the maximum $10,000 fine as he 'wanted to demonstrate his resolve against the unreasonable application of the Act'.

morephotos.gif
View more photos

c.gif

<!-- story content : start -->
OPPOSITION leader Chee Soon Juan and a friend was fined $5,000 and $2,000 respectively on Monday for making public speeches without a licence in the lead-up to the 2006 general elections.
They are appealing and were released on a $5,000 personal bond each.
During the 15-day trial that started in March, Chee, 47, the secretary-general of the Singapore Democratic Party (SDP), and Yap Keng Ho, 48, a party supporter, argued that they were not speaking publicly.
They said they were merely promoting the sale of party publications on April 15 in 2008 near Bangkit Road in Bukit Panjang. Both had no lawyers.
District Judge Jill Tan said the prosecution had proved that both men had addressed the public without a licence issued under the Public Entertainment and Meeting Act.
Asked by the court to explain why he was pressing for a light sentence, Chee said he had nothing to say. Yap instead asked for the maximum $10,000 fine as the businessman 'wanted to demonstrate his resolve against the unreasonable application of the Act'. However, Judge Tan said that the maximum fine was not appropriate in this instance.
<!-- story content : end -->
c.gif

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <!-- AddThis Button END -->
<!--Random Country Icons start--> <!--Random Country Icons end-->
c.gif

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that they called over the phone rather then respond officially in writing shows a character flaw. And it is serious. The CEO is not the only one in NEA. There are very senior people in NEA.

We pay them a handsome salary and they don't even have the confidence to put things in writing.

If this is true, this person is not fit to be a Minister. Such revengeful heart is not the virtue of a minister or a muslim.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know what the outcome will be. They will claim that grassroots activities are not political.

You guys have to do the same. Have a different set of uniforms, don't mention NSP but start organising events as concerned community leaders. Most people would know it NSP just as they know the PA grassroots activities is PAP.

Well, I also find it very strange that NEA wanted to do that, fine NSP? We will let this issue steam the internet for a while before we act.

oh Meng Seng

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Uncle Yap,

I won't want to speculate on this one. We are merely playing our role as an effective opposition party to raise important issues which are closest to Singaporeans' heart as and when the need arises. If our doings are to step on other people's toes (well, it always does), so be it. It is up for Singaporeans at large to judge whether the issues we have raised are reasonable and valid or not.

We are still "lagging behind" people like your good self in terms of civil disobedience. We are very much willing to abide to any regulations, rules or law as far as possible even if it is just that bit unreasonable. However, in this case, such blanket classification of our usual political outreach as "illegal hawking" is totally unacceptable. All political parties have been doing it for donkey years, it cannot be that such activities have suddenly become "illegal hawking" overnight.

Besides, we are kind enough to seek clarifications on whatever valid license we could apply as political party to keep ourselves within the law. But unfortunately, there is none.

But I can see that it is only right that this matter to be settled once and for all opposition parties. We are no longer satisfied with "grey area" of the law in which we have been dancing around with. We want a formal settlement of this issue. Our aim is to get NEA to agree to put up a special category of license for any organizations like political parties which want to carry out mobile sales of anything, to apply. Alternatively, change the rules to exclude political activities from such requirement of hawker licensing.... well, it is absurd because we are not selling any food which will involve the issue of hygiene.

Formalize the process. Get the rule of law in order, instead of depends on people's fancy on whether to issue summon or not. This is what I want for Singapore.

Goh Meng Seng

:-)

Excellent Sec Gen Goh I think you are doing very well on the right track now.

You are contesting to be a Parliamentary Legislator so stay on the right side of the law firmly 1st. Any legislation or regulations showing up to be clearly unreasonable, you must highlight and openly suggest the properly and popularly supported correction to the famiLEE LEEgime. Then people would give their votes for you to be there to make better laws. :p

No need to start everything by defying. I am not allowed by famiLEE LEEgime to contest anyway so I can take the other route that will flank the famiLEE LEEgime on the opposite side.:wink::rolleyes:

Each do a different part / role but all for our Singapore.

I am done with uploading Youtube for evidence regarding sales of News Paper by opposition SDP & SPH. I will compose blog & forum postings tomorrow.

You may preview:

SPH @Bugis MRT 14.may.2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b14b6fcId4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGvAsp5nuVo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V8o_CB_I6U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntulJMKeSQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYTn0uoHAxY
The part5 here for SPH is very long, I did not posted all. I filmed mata checking SPH's (lack of) Licenses for entire duration.

I am applying a criminal motion at high court to ask for these to be admitted as evidence for my case. District Judge did not allow me to use these evidence, I am asking High Court to review that decision.

SDP @ Bukit Panjang SMC Bangkit Road area 15.April.2006 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqLvwtamZqI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OohoMgx9HMg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ELt3PmDB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akde4rgWJLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScvftcuwQfI

Get NSP into the parliament! Take the full seat and not the NCMPs! Ask famiLEE LEEgime what the hell laws they had been making?!

You cannot make law that are invalid on the face of itself, and incriminate every citizen's daily life, and then you selectively apply these laws to those you dislike. Their MOA (Parliament & Supreme Court Order) with a BROKEN BOUNDARY tried to outline an area including whole Padang & Adelphi Shopping Center + Parliament & Supreme Court, which basically incriminate any persons (2 or more - NOT 5 or more) to be illegal assembly & procession.

Also e.g. MOA (Public Nuisance) incriminate any group of persons more than 5 at anywhere within red dot.

:mad::confused: What crap law it that? How to respect & uphold them?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:-)

:mad::confused: What crap law it that? How to respect & uphold them?

Uncle, the last time Singapore got law is when the British are still running the place. After that, it is run by Godfather Mafia Sisi Lee Kuan Yew and his miniskirts puppets!