• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My View as a Foreigner woriking in Singapore.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I do not agree that Australia is a better place. Whilst the quality of life may be better, it all depends on whether a person of my age who is young, ambitious and hardworking can get just enrichment on a meritocratic basis. I shall ignore your other emotive comments as it does not value-add to this discussion."

When you analyze these lines, you know this is a troll and fake. Even if it is indeed a foreigner, there is another local PAP dog sitting next to it for the edits. No one from China who has lived in the 3 places and only spend 5 year in SGP would write in this manner of English which shows an education in British English with idiosyncrasies of some who has live in Singapore for a much longer period of time. A direct translation of this back to Mandarin already indicates something fishy. I have lived and worked with PRCs for years. I know well enough a fake when I see one. I have worked and lived with kids of PRCs who have never seen a day of China. I know how they look too.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Shanghai gal.

Most Singaporeans don't mind foreigners. Its only the losers that do. Sammy forum is not representative of Singapore.
You see, we singkies love to complain to pass time for kicks. Deep inside, we all love PAP and FTs.

Kinana is totally spot on

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This f*cker who calls people like Jane foreign trash also called me a "moron". Maybe it makes him less trashy or less of a moron. Then he zaps and hands me "infraction" because I called him/her (never knows ....many of the him here are balless) a f*cker for not being original and for reposting from other forums.

This is the armchair keyboard whiner/bitch kind in SBF who blames the FT for all the woes and ills that he perceives in his little world.

I guess I'll be handed more infractions pretty soon by similar imbeciles with gigantic keyboard egos and be rendered silent so ......before that happens, thanks to the kind souls here for upping me. For those zapping me, let me just say that zapping don't improve your sexual performance. Nor does it increase your dick size:smile:

I received an "infraction" from you for:

Reason: Displaying excessive ignorance and/or stupidity

Come on! Let's see some display of intelligent brilliance from yourself! Maybe I, and all the others here can learn from it. I am sure you can come up with something better than calling Jane a Foreign Trash again. I mean, Foreign Trash is so yesterday, right?

How about I calling you FUKI? Meaning F*cking Useless Keyboard Imbecile.

yawn... anything new? loser in life might not be loser here, but loser here definitely loser in life. i think i never call u a moron, but since u like to be one. i will call u now, moron! lol! i never do anything to u but u choose to step on my tail. stupidity is contagious, u got it from goondu? i am sorry to hear that. foreign trash is a foreign trash, time got nothing to do with a term foreign trash. can trash be turn to gold over times? lol! KopiO is so out now, u want to be banned due to your outdated nick? no need to thanks me for infraction and zapping. maybe i do it, maybe i didn't or maybe it's others that don't like u??? anyway it's my pleasure and you are very much welcome! lol!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TS

From the way you write, you are no foreigner. You are not from Shanghai and I doubt you even worked in other places as you claimed.

Why the need to create a false persona. Anonymity is not an issue. If your arguments are good, you should not have any problems addressing issues.

Parties rely on falsehood and misrepresentation when they are on soft or shaky ground but depend on the belief that an end justifies the means. Sadly an end that you have little idea about.

I have no issues if a local bats for foreigners as not all foreigners are an issue and the issue is not foreigners but the misplaced immigration and work visa policies.

Dear All

First, many thanks for all your feedback and comments. I must admit that some comments are not that pleasant to view whilst others are encouraging. I guess this issue of foreign workers (PS : as opposed to some who loath the word “talent”) is a sensitive one. I shall henceforth use the phrase ‘foreign workers”.

Love to All
Jane

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear TS

From the way you write, you are no foreigner. You are not from Shanghai and I doubt you even worked in other places as you claimed.
Why the need to create a false persona. Anonymity is not an issue. If your arguments are good, you should not have any problems addressing issues.
Parties rely on falsehood and misrepresentation when they are on soft or shaky ground but depend on the belief that an end justifies the means. Sadly an end that you have little idea about.

Why pitcha lobang? You supposed to play mightier than Thou. I play bigfuck.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Jane,

Firstly, nice to know you like Singapore for the right reasons. Secondly, nice to know you are not here to condescend. Thirdly, nice to know you are keen on social issues that affect Singaporeans and not just your circle of FT colleagues or your own private circle whatever that may be (anyone can be anything online). For these three reasons, i've decided its worth my while engaging you here.

Down to business, its a bit strange for a foreigner to address herself as "FT". I won't call myself a foreign talent when I go abroad. If you're attuned to the prevalent mood, you also realize Singaporeans don't exactly use it as a flattering term. Take away the word "foreign" and it becomes slightly self-ingratiating.

When i distil your post, the primary message I'm getting is that you feel Singapore is a good country but you hesitate to take up PR because of rising xenophobia. You don't however explore or questions the reason for the xenophobia, or whether it is unfair to even call it that as that label masks underlying issues that hurt Singaporeans deeply and genuinely. Taken to the skeleton, your message sounds like a guilt trip to me, telling us that we have spoilt this peaceful garden city by our poor attitude towards foreigners.

In fact, you sound almost local, talking about "groundswell" against the PAP, "push back" from the citizens, the "opposition camp" using these issues as rallying points. I have a great many Singaporean friends who don't know enough local politics to actually use these terms. Yet you, a foreigner, does. I guess we should be ashamed.

I also find it strange that you have to declare you don't support any political parties in Singapore. Having declared yourself an FT, that's the last question anyone would think of asking you. It seems to me you are going out of the way to make yourself sound politically neutral, after having demonstrated a keen awareness of local politics.

I also find it almost absurd you would not care a whit about foreign workers going on strike. As a foreigner working in Singapore, I thought that issue would be close to him. Granted, you have portrayed yourself as being much more educated than the bus drivers. But surely you must care about how this incident is going to affect your relationship with your Singaporean bosses, friends and colleagues, which you surely must have at least some.

You claim not to give a damn about foreigners going on strike, but you sure give lots of thought into emphasizing your independence, especially political independence.

Putting a summation sign under all these, I can only conclude that I have to be skeptical as to the nature, intent and motive for your post. Perhaps you can lighten the air and clarify things here, by explaning in more details why you think Singaporeans are becoming more xenophobic.

Over The Counter

I am a foreigner working in Singapore for the last 5+ years. I am from Shanghai, China, studied in States and worked in London. I moved to Singapore post my 1 year London stint.*I worked for a foreign bank in Singapore. My Singapore boss is a nice man who has taken care of us very well.

Last edited:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Welcome! Welcome! To the land of idiots big and small. Based on your post, you'll fit right in! Hope you will join the RCs where you can help "take care" of the "people without much education."

As the first forummer who spotted the obvious, you have the privilege of receiving the OTC Medal of Clone Exposure.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TS

Please continue to contribute.

How did a country that has been cosmopolitan for more than a century become so distressed over the recent immigration policy? It is not just the Chinese, the local Indians, Malays and Eurasians have the same concerns. You should ask the local Singapore Indian what they they think of recent Indian arrivals. It will be an eye opener. Local Chinese call PRC Chinese like yourself "Ah Tiongs" and it is not a compliment.

So how did we get into this situation?

These questions are above her pay grade.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How did a country that has been cosmopolitan for more than a century become so distressed over the recent immigration policy? It is not just the Chinese

So how did we get into this situation?

What a strange question to ask.

I thought it would be easy for you to empathise with the displaced masses.
Immigration policy has never being a part of "nation-building" sacrifices.

Disappointed with your question.

Pokka

say, you have not tried the 'mai hum' version :cool:

Will LHL say, i want massage mai hum.

sg_health_beauty.25150.1.jpg