• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My View as a Foreigner woriking in Singapore.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Shanghai gal.

Most Singaporeans don't mind foreigners. Its only the losers that do. Sammy forum is not representative of Singapore.
You see, we singkies love to complain to pass time for kicks. Deep inside, we all love PAP and FTs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Shanghai gal.

Most Singaporeans don't mind foreigners. Its only the losers that do. Sammy forum is not representative of Singapore.
You see, we singkies love to complain to pass time for kicks. Deep inside, we all love PAP and FTs.

I love & hug any Shanghai Girls, who say I don't love them, "wo ai ne..I love you, wo ai ne, I love you" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THF_Iv6agZo

Deepest inside me, I love the PAP, they have brought us out from the "third word to the present & back"..why I don't love them?. I look around I can have anything I want if I work hard, but my ability to earn to archive that, had been eroded and snatch from me by their blatant deluge of FT's without restrain, how could not LOVE THEM? "

I do love FT as a human being, including all Shanghai girl and any part of China, my parents homeland...that include Packgaosamy from Pondicherry, Mahmud Daffy from Dakka, Gomez Lysol from La Union, Philippines, & Ants Suck So Chim from Pagan & Somecheat from BangKork...

I just love them, honest! and PAP too!

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Shanghai gal.

Deep inside your head lah.. If you want to profess your love to the PAP and to your FT gay buddy Balachandran from India pls do but pls don't drag us along..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jane, I'm not trying to be hostile or rude to you..

But its better for you to go back home instead of applying for a PR or continue working here.. Your parents back home might be worried about you being a gal staying far away from them..

Pls go back.. There's no other place like home..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jane, I'm not trying to be hostile or rude to you..

But its better for you to go back home instead of applying for a PR or continue working here.. Your parents back home might be worried about you being a gal staying far away from them..

Pls go back.. There's no other place like home..

she is not a sinkie.. she got more balls in venturing out than most sinkie guys.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jane should not feel being shooed away if she 'circulates around the region where the rich and famous live, thrive and shits.

Over in these region, Sinkie and all alike welcome FTs especially if they're white.

Hell, these Sinkie in such areas like district 9, 10, 11 practically bend backward in serving them and not forgeting the close by island the Sinkie called Sentosa.

In these region, ppl like Jane will feel like Kings and Queens just like having stepped onto an remote island populated ( or should I say, used to be populated ) by such natives. Short of being worshipped like a God, ppl like Jane seem to be offered 'protection' by the ruling gov over any little silly things they are likely to do or say.

But stay away from the heartlands and it's surrounding area lah cos these are where Jane will find lots of bitter folks ( like these in this forum) who even though had worked like shit all their lives, still can't get out of their pigeon hole hell hole and with their Sinkie gov practically practicing a two systems in one country way of running things, I can't imagine if these folks can still stay pleasant in meeting ppl like Jane, if whenever jane happended to stray into such peasants living space.

Don't don't say I didn't say hor to be able to enjoy staying in the right areas and living a heavenly life here,Jane had better be able to afford coming here and mingle with the 'right kind of ppl' and stay away from these bitter folks which Jane had come across like these in this forum.

I can't imagine what would happen if Sinkie peasants were to find a Jane living in the heartlands and Jane can still feel 'at home' living among the unruly mob! LOL

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like this steffychun, she doesn't know how to spell properly. "Working" and not "woriking" unless she is trying to invent a new word with this meaning - worrying about being deported for trying to get better conditions, being replaced by yet cheaper FTs, etc while pretending to be working. A new style of multi-tasking - worrying and pretending at the same time! Puts Pinky to shame - can't run the CUNTry and hold an erection at the same time. :oIo:

My guess is that she is steffychun under another nick. :p

Last edited:

FTalent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear All

First, many thanks for all your feedback and comments. I must admit that some comments are not that pleasant to view whilst others are encouraging. I guess this issue of foreign workers (PS : as opposed to some who loath the word “talent”) is a sensitive one. I shall henceforth use the phrase ‘foreign workers”.

Next, I never expect my simple post articulating my views as a foreign worker has attracted so much feedback. Some has suggested that I am a “clone”? Not sure what that means, but I assume it either means I am a fake foreign worker or a forum member faking a story here. To this, I beg to disagree. The whole reason I wrote was to give a foreign worker perspective, and nothing more or less.

And to those who expect me to sit by my computer and reply every single post – let me tell you this – I have a day job in a bank and “forum-ing” does not earn me any money to pay the high cost of rental, food and transportation in Singapore. Whilst I may come from a well-to-do family in Shanghai, that does not mean that I do not need to work. Working to earn my “keeps” makes me stronger as an individual and helps me to keep sanity (as opposed to “forum-ing”). It is one of the most important Asian values which I believe in and I am sure many of you will agree with me. Of course if I am a retiree or have sufficient income for old age like some of you, “forum-ing” can become a cheap source of entertainment where you can at the comfort of anonymity and “shoot” comments without careful consideration on how it impacts others or a society as a whole.

Having said the above, I shall address some constructive feedback. I am not being sarcastic – but seriously, some of the posts are really silly and I do not think it is worth engaging. Also, as there are voluminous posts, I may miss some comments and I hope those who expect a response from me let me know.

1. Post #7 Mojito

I do see a long term decision to stay and work here. It’s a fabulous country. Growth is important, but I feel that in terms of graciousness, Singapore is still better than Shanghai or Hong Kong which is the other two career destination choices. Next, I have no intention to start any family. I rather build my career first. I do not want to be committed to man who does not share the same direction as me. (PS : I have past relationships that failed due to mis-alignment of the path I want to take).

2. Post #9 Winniepegjets

I disagree that the locals have it tough. Whether in Shanghai, London or Hong Kong or many other countries, I hear such complaints. It has become trite.

Perhaps the PAP government has not worked hard enough to create the “buy-in” with its local residents. I do agree however that more can be done to give locals more benefits in terms of housing, health care and other social benefits. In China, people retire early and lead a more gracious old age. I must say that I am appalled to see the elderly working in food courts in Singapore. I am not sure if they work voluntarily or due to economic issues. Suffice to say, my view is that without a social safety net for the elderly, its citizens will always end up in a virtual circle – fear of living costs – fear of starting a family – lack of local births – import of more foreign workers – disharmony and problems of integration foreign workers and back one circle after another.

3. Post #10 KopiO

Completely agree that foreigners are always a target of discontent. But sometimes it is not necessary so. I think some foreigners in Singapore are not up to expectations. However, I am not sure how and what a gatekeeper like Ministry of Manpower can do to sift through the good, the bad and the ugly foreigners or foreign workers.

4. Post #20 and #42 Goondusami / Kinana

I do not agree your hyper-generic statement that Singaporeans are lazy. My local Singapore colleagues are as hardworking, or in fact more hardworking than most colleagues I have met in work assignments in US and London.

Comments like these from you also serve to stir unnecessary negative sentiments and not helpful to anyone – whether the PAP government or to those who are already showing a veering negative sentiment towards foreigners and foreign workers.

5. Post #22 and #23 Tonychat / TracyTan888

I do not agree that Australia is a better place. Whilst the quality of life may be better, it all depends on whether a person of my age who is young, ambitious and hardworking can get just enrichment on a meritocratic basis. I shall ignore your other emotive comments as it does not value-add to this discussion.

6. Post #26 Batman

It is the same too with other cities in the world – New York, Shanghai, London where foreign workers go to maximize benefits to themselves. Singapore, a global red dot on the map is no different and it is up to all of us - locals, residents, foreign workers to make it a better place where we want to stay and remain. On your belief that PAP is out to squeeze its locals, it is for the locals to take to the ballot boxes if they believe so. And I do support the locals as these are all bits to making a better place for all. When locals fight for their rights, it shows that they treat this place as home.

7. Post #36 Ash007

Of all the posts, this is the one I am most annoyed with. I DO HAVE A JOB! I NEED TO WORK. If I respond to every single post – some of which are nonsensical, I will not do justice to anyone but to create unnecessary forum spam.

8. Post #45 Zeddy

I disagree. Singapore is a relative safe place for a female foreign worker compared to many other cities in this world.

9. Post #47 SoIsee

I do live in the heartlands and do enjoy my local interaction with the locals. I am also learning to appreciate local food whether it be Chinese (eg. Mee-kia dry), Malay (eg. Mee rebus) or Indian (eg. Indian Rojak).

While some local food may not suit my palatte, I am sure it is the same for a Singaporean who lives in Thailand, Vietnam or Korea, etc. I believe it is important that for any foreign worker to assimilate – it is in the heart that must have a propensity to adapt to other cultures. However, not every foreign worker will have the same belief as me.

I know it is a long reply. As I said, I do not have the time to “sit” in this forum day in day out. As and when I am free (ie., not working, not shopping :biggrin:) I will be here.

Love to All
Jane

jw5

Loyal
I worked in a few countries and there were some places and occasions where I felt more welcome and comfortable, and other places and occasions where it was less.

Please lah, just do your work, adapt to the place, obey the laws, respect the people and the customs and when you feel like it, go home.
No need to think or talk so much.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I worked in a few countries and there were some places and occasions where I felt more welcome and comfortable, and other places and occasions where it was less.

Please lah, just do your work, adapt to the place, obey the laws, respect the people and the customs and when you feel like it, go home.
No need to think or talk so much.
haha well said

HappyCAMPER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jane,

Please continue to post, if you can find the time. You're most welcome..

May I ask you for these?..

1. Your facebook username or 人人网 network username or 新浪微博 (Sina Weibo) username

2. Your QQ username

3. Please translate your posts to Mandarin, for those Chinese helicopter users here who find your English standard too high

:biggrin:

GOONDUSAMI

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
AN IMBECILE LIKE YOU trying to fish for personal info is the most disgusting creep of infinite daftness and a spastic maggot of the lowest breed.

Jane,

Please continue to post, if you can find the time. You're most welcome..

May I ask you for these?..

1. Your facebook username or 人人网 network username or 新浪微博 (Sina Weibo) username

2. Your QQ username

3. Please translate your posts to Mandarin, for those Chinese helicopter users here who find your English standard too high

:biggrin:

HappyCAMPER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AN IMBECILE LIKE YOU trying to fish for personal info is the most disgusting creep of infinite daftness and a spastic maggot of the lowest breed.

That is what social media is for, stop living in the stone age, village idiot.

At least she should do a translation to her own mother tongue Mandarin, and then I'll translate to Tamil for you. :biggrin:

oppoibchief

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jane

MAY i ask your views on whether you tink our PAP rulers are competent? Do you believe there is no corruption in Sinkieland? Do you believe that locals have been exploited by the ruling bastards.

Do u agree with the high salaries of our ministers?
What are your views on COEs?

Last edited: