• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Sincere advice for MP Yaw Shin Leong

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compared to the Workers' Party who continue to field him even though they had already know his extra-marital activities, PAP are more noble when they dropped their candidate for Tampines GRC at the last minute when rumours of his love affair surfaced, costing them substantial votes and credibility among Tampines votes, and probably MBT job.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
RonRon said:
blah blah blah

By savouring on the woes of others, and in this case affecting at least 5 lives, you are a sadist to say the least.

sadist.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You don't need that. As long as a media publish something which is untrue and affect your reputation, never mind where it gets the wrong information from, just sue.

SPH is rich and will be the best entity to be sued because there will be higher possibility to recover cost and handsome sum of damage. BUT, this is IF and ONLY IF what is reported is FALSE. If not, you anyhow sue like TT Durai, you will know what will happen next.

Goh Meng Seng

So far, no one dare to step out and claim to be the source of news. So he can't sue without knowing where the source of such allegation comes from.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
As In ?

SM26-001-0-SHI.jpg

IT HAS not been a happy new year so far for the Workers' Party MP for Hougang, Mr Yaw Shin Leong, who has become the subject of a raging online firestorm.

Allegations about his personal life were posted online last Friday and have gone viral on several forums.

His Facebook page was also peppered with postings. While a few suggest that the allegations are a smear campaign, others want him to respond to the allegations or apologise if they are true and move on.

So, does that mean a man who loves his UGLY spouse is a good man ? Does he also not do evil of other kinds and take the young and educated citizens here as hostages ?

We do not have enough men on the field to fight fascism and we are all thinking of shooting our own feet first ? I don't care ! He can f*** anyone and I don't care. I want PAP out !

To all true blue citizens of Sinkingland : be focus, folks.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: As In ?

yaw-jpg_085430.jpg

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/wp-mp-yaw-shin-leong-embroiled-in-online-storm-.html
Workers’ Party (WP) MP for Hougang Yaw Shin Leong has been embroiled in an online storm over rumours of an extra-marital affair with a married female opposition party member.

Yaw’s alleged affair was made public in a report by socio-political blog site TR Emeritus, which said it received several tip-offs by reliable informants, some of whom attend the same church as Yaw. TRE said it ran the report after intensive research and verification.

When asked by The New Paper about the allegations, Yaw, 35, would only say: “I do not wish to comment on rumours.”

Similarly, Yaw’s wife Wang Lin and WP chief Low Thia Kiang declined to comment, reported TNP.

The former also posted a comment on her Facebook page earlier on Thursday morning, which appeared to refer to the incident.

“What’s the role of a journalist/editor? To sensationalise so as to create readership? Putting together piecemeal comments taken out of context such that it creates a picture of ‘reality’? Gutter journalism out on a prowl to create maximum damages. May God bless them,” she wrote.

Yahoo! Singapore attempted to contact Yaw and other members of the WP several times, but could not get a response.

According to TNP, the woman Yaw is alleged to have had an affair with said, “I hope you will not identify me or the other woman involved.”

It is unclear who “the other woman” mentioned was.

She added that she would “neither confirm nor deny the allegations”, reported TNP.

Yaw’s Facebook page was bombarded with comments from followers, calling for him to face the issue and apologise instead of deleting the offending comments. Others insist that the incident is a “PAP smear” campaign designed to kill support for the opposition.

He has also been compared to U.S. President Bill Clinton, who later admitted to having an “improper physical relationship” with 25-year-old White House intern Monica Lewinsky in 1998.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't need that. As long as a media publish something which is untrue and affect your reputation, never mind where it gets the wrong information from, just sue.

SPH is rich and will be the best entity to be sued because there will be higher possibility to recover cost and handsome sum of damage. BUT, this is IF and ONLY IF what is reported is FALSE. If not, you anyhow sue like TT Durai, you will know what will happen next.

Goh Meng Seng
hahaha......mr. goh.....u think u are very smart but actually as kuku as kukubird......i remembered there were on-line rumours about your sexual misconduct......you should have alerted the press anonymously and got them into prints and sued their pants off....
in this case, it looks like the rumours are real or you are just a nobody which the press is not interested at all????
so are u a kukubird or really guilty as rumoured or a nobody that the press was not interested at all?????

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
377514_10150502673749398_755379397_8908084_1152714923_n.jpg

请不要假装对我好,我很傻,会当真的。 谁把谁真的当真,谁为谁心疼。

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng

But I think the silent strategy is also good instead of trying to trap dust (rumour) in the air. SPH and Yahoo are taking news from TR and TR took it from secret sources and there is no end to suing one another. The best is if anyone want a piece of his meat, they better come out in the open to get it instead of hiding in the dark to smear. So Yaw is probably waiting for the darklord (culprit) to appear and nip the source at its root. Otherwise, saying too much will only fall prey to the dark side.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Sue people just like PAP ???!!!

In Western democracies, politicians don't sue journalists so as to silence free speech and free press. You like to complain about PAP high-handedness, yet you want to mimick them at the very first given opportunity.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal

According to TNP, the woman Yaw is alleged to have had an affair with said, “I hope you will not identify me or the other woman involved.”

It is unclear who “the other woman” mentioned was.

She added that she would “neither confirm nor deny the allegations”, reported TNP.

If TNP did not mis-quote. She seems to admit there is hanky panky between Mr Yaw and ... after all.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

When asked by The New Paper about the allegations, Yaw, 35, would only say: “I do not wish to comment on rumours.”

Similarly, Yaw’s wife Wang Lin and WP chief Low Thia Kiang declined to comment, reported TNP.

Thats it lah. Game over liao. So sad oppo got into this type. Also Wang Lin, sure PRC bride. Who the fuck Sg Chinese can name dotter name like Wang Lin? Sure PRC. YSL just give her monthly money and she shut the fuck up. Angela also Msian FT. Wah YSL really international romeo Ramseth also no fight. Even LTK dont know what to say LOL

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you want to sue, sue the one with the most money. That's the basic. Else, you will most probably be wasting time, effort and money.

Remaining silent is not a good option in today's internet era. That is amount to suicidal.

Goh Meng Seng

But I think the silent strategy is also good instead of trying to trap dust (rumour) in the air. SPH and Yahoo are taking news from TR and TR took it from secret sources and there is no end to suing one another. The best is if anyone want a piece of his meat, they better come out in the open to get it instead of hiding in the dark to smear. So Yaw is probably waiting for the darklord (culprit) to appear and nip the source at its root. Otherwise, saying too much will only fall prey to the dark side.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaya I agree GMS this time. Must come out and sue. WP got big lawyers Sylvia and CMS. Sure can sue if 心理无愧。

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
In any Western democracy and any First World Parliament, no credible politician would ever dare to sue any journalists or any of their opponents so as to suppress free speech and free press.

For any politician in any First World Parliament, suing people or journalists is a sign of weakness, an act of cowardice and an admission of guilt.

Instead of paying money to the lawyers and judges to make an arbitrary decision, poltiician in First World Parliament should spend their time, money and energy convincing and persuading people to make their judgement instead of sucking up to the high and mighty courts and judges to make the ultimate verdict.

Opposition politicians like to accuse PAP of suing their political opponents and foreign journalists so as to silence free speech and free press and thus creating a political climate of fear. Yet they are advocating the exact solution for WP, that is to SUE and SUE.... They are mimicking the PAP at the very first given opportunity.

Instead of wasting money as well as their credibility to sue and kowtowing to the judges, why don't the WP MP for Hougang step down and stand for by-election so that the people of Hougang can hand down the ultimate verdict, and not the judges.

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support YSL sue. Or at least publicly deny. Or if true, publicly apologise. Otherwise, he has no credibility and confidence left. It's sad and troublesome but just run away and keep quiet is not going to solve the problem but make things worse. 2 cents from this old uncle.