• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My oven alone costs $16,230...

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ms Yap isn't here. You are.

ok , ok , I am here but I was not the one who said anything about $16,000. I only said my client spent way beyond $27,000 for the kitchen appliances, I didn't even mention brand name.

ok again that Ms.Yap isn't here but I believe with your ability, to find Ms Karen Yap, the principal of Tanglewood music school should not be much difficult

Now, go and ask her la, alamak :eek:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always believe wealth can be earned but brain cannot be bought. If a person is willing to invest a few thousand dollars golden knife just to chop a few pieces of cheap carrot, how smart can he/she be? As in this case of $16K+ oven to bake/steam a few dollars beacon....myfoot is certainly laughing off its nails. It is not about jealousy or envy, I pity the oven and more so the family.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always believe wealth can be earned but brain cannot be bought. If a person is willing to invest a few thousand dollars golden knife just to chop a few pieces of cheap carrot, how smart can he/she be? As in this case of $16K+ oven to bake/steam a few dollars beacon....myfoot is certainly laughing off its nails. It is not about jealousy or envy, I pity the oven and more so the family.

seriously if she has the dough, why not?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN, bloody show off. Why should these people be interviewed in the first place?

to show that although many singaporean kpkb about singapore being expensive place to stay , theres still people spending big money ....:wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

to many people here thinks that 16k is big money ...to them is just like $1.60 . so be it ... its not about being smart or stupid ..its being able to afford it or not ...:wink:

same as alot of aunties think that a handbag is a handbag why spend 3k+ for a LV bag ....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the professional series stainless steel 30-inch double convection wall oven from thermador is the rage nowadays with u.s. homeowners, especially those who don't cook or know nuts about cooking.

MCSA035752_PODC302_def.jpg

it's good to look at on the wall with that shiny facade surrounded by granite counter tops and hardwood cabinets. it can set a buyer back usd10k. however, when the moronic buyer starts using it to impress a guest, either the buyer damages the oven for lack of brains or the oven malfunctions for lack of quality control. and it's usually the electronic components that fail.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see those auntie cooking with normal simple stoves n charcoal fired pots (for boiling soup n herb).

many times, it taste better than those fancy places with those small dishes on the big plate.

hell, it's all about the food. as long as the ingredients are fresh and good. it's good.

do we really need a $16230 oven?!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to many people here thinks that 16k is big money ...to them is just like $1.60 . so be it ... its not about being smart or stupid ..its being able to afford it or not ...:wink:

same as alot of aunties think that a handbag is a handbag why spend 3k+ for a LV bag ....

Oh ya, don't remind me of Minyi's branded bag(s) and TT Durai golden tap. When people can't wait to squander off monies, it reminds me of SLA incidents too.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i see those auntie cooking with normal simple stoves n charcoal fired pots (for boiling soup n herb).

many times, it taste better than those fancy places with those small dishes on the big plate.

hell, it's all about the food. as long as the ingredients are fresh and good. it's good.

do we really need a $16230 oven?!

are you trying to say some family who stay in 3-room HDB even they are happy with their life , still need not need to upgrade to a bungalow even they could afford it ? :confused:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh ya, don't remind me of Minyi's branded bag(s) and TT Durai golden tap. When people can't wait to squander off monies, it reminds me of SLA incidents too.

you mean those expensive shops that sell expensive item , each and every single of their customers are crooks ? :wink: