• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's culture

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

Everyone needs to take the chill pill. Whatever stereotype that has been typed..Even by me is weak... We got to judge others individually instead on a community level. Face it.. All races have every-type of kind.. No Urine skinned people, nor dark Chocolate :smile: skin, nor Kiators is superior then the other.. All will get their ass whoop if they talk to much on the street.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

HAHAHA pls learn how to lie better. Go back and re-read your post #28 that's not what you were talking about.

Jah, my reading of #28. He is not saying that Chinese abandoning her own culture is a sign of inferiority complex. He is saying that some of the practices are meaningless and keeping meaningless practices in the name of tradition is a sign of insecurity and inferiority complex.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't lie. I repost #28 since you quote it so famously.

Hello this thread is about chinese ppl copying ang moh cultures ok. Sure some ppl will complain but that's normal for every culture so who has the inferiority complex? Those that follow or those that want to retain their culture?

I'll answer this for you though. There's no need for any chinese to follow any ang moh culture. A chinese that follows his own culture does just fine. Of course you wouldn't know about that. You don't really have a culture or you look up to white culture since it's supposed to be keeping up with the times. Stupid logic there. Let's just admit you're biased towards chinese and you hate your chinese side and you suck up to ang mohs and we're done.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jah, my reading of #28. He is not saying that Chinese abandoning her own culture is a sign of inferiority complex. He is saying that some of the practices are meaningless and keeping meaningless practices in the name of tradition is a sign of insecurity and inferiority complex.

I admit i read that wrongly. In any case it's damn if you do or damn if you don't situation here. Chinese that follow western culture are called slaves to the whites and admitting their own inferiority by leong sam and if they don't are also considered inferior cos they don't "keep up with the times".

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you KYP. :smile:

I admit i read that wrongly. In any case it's damn if you do or damn if you don't situation here. Chinese that follow western culture are called slaves to the whites and admitting their own inferiority by leong sam and if they don't are also considered inferior cos they don't "keep up with the times".

Glad you've understood the gist but the point is not only Chinese, don't take it personally or racially. The whole world is also being westernised since the western wind is the one prevailing. Such is the way of the world. Look at your clothes, home, furniture, utensils and appliances. Almost everything is of western invention and design. The most conservatively oppressant resisting the wind are the Muslims now, not the Chinese. Look at what's happening?

I just hope that Chinese don't go down that path, which I'm sure most Chinese won't. I understand there was a time in the world when Chinese wind was prevailing and all westerners clamored for everything Chinese.

The world always revolves and the wind always changes. There's no such thing as western must be superior. It's the times.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The real twit who is stoking the fire is Leongsam.

Then again, what kind of Chinese practices are meaningless ? Is keeping your Chinese name a meaningless practice ? Or doing a deed poll and calling yourself "Theophilus Richardson Lai X X" a step into the future ?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

The real twit who is stoking the fire is Leongsam.

Then again, what kind of Chinese practices are meaningless ? Is keeping your Chinese name a meaningless practice ? Or doing a deed poll and calling yourself "Theophilus Richardson Lai X X" a step into the future ?

Reminds of me the old PCK series, the little nephew named Aloysius. Naming your children English names is well alright for convenience in the English as first language environment that Singapore is. But Roman names?

That's really a silly name

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you KYP. :smile:

Glad you've understood the gist but the point is not only Chinese, don't take it personally or racially. The whole world is also being westernised since the western wind is the one prevailing. Such is the way of the world. Look at your clothes, home, furniture, utensils and appliances. Almost everything is of western invention and design. The most conservatively oppressant resisting the wind are the Muslims now, not the Chinese. Look at what's happening?

I just hope that Chinese don't go down that path, which I'm sure most Chinese won't. I understand there was a time in the world when Chinese wind was prevailing and all westerners clamored for everything Chinese.

The world always revolves and the wind always changes. There's no such thing as western must be superior. It's the times.

I beg to differ. They had chairs in ancient china and some ppl have chinese designed chairs. I don't really think this thread is talking about ppl that don't own any modern electronic devices or shit like that.

China is rapidly modernizing i don't think they are in the middle ages. You want places that still live in the middle ages to to afghanistan or iraq or mongolia.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I beg to differ. They had chairs in ancient china and some ppl have chinese designed chairs. I don't really think this thread is talking about ppl that don't own any modern electronic devices or shit like that.

China is rapidly modernizing i don't think they are in the middle ages. You want places that still live in the middle ages to to afghanistan or iraq or mongolia.

That's good argument on everyday practicalities, necessities and amenities. I'm glad it tones down to civil discussion tone. Moving on, I've never said China is still in the middle ages.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's good argument on everyday practicalities, necessities and amenities. I'm glad it tones down to civil discussion tone. Moving on, I've never said China is still in the middle ages.

I'm just saying this thread isn't about the technological aspect. It's more on the cultural side and the practices.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Chinese continue to worship ALL THINGS WESTERN.....

China cracks down on iPhone fakes 9:00 AM Monday Oct 3, 2011

Two different fake iPhones on sale in China. Photo / AP

Police in Shanghai have arrested five people for making fake iPhones, state media said, just as Apple fans overseas wait with bated breath for the launch of the US giant's newest model.

The craze for all things Apple in China has triggered widespread cloning of iPhones and iPads. In July, an American blogger even uncovered fake Apple stores in the southwestern city of Kunming.

Police said the Shanghai gang scavenged parts from discarded iPhones and combined them with counterfeit components to create the fakes, which were then sold, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

The raid on the gang took place in July, and police seized more than 200 fake iPhones and other parts valued at five million yuan (NZ$1.03m) from a workshop in a rented apartment, it said.

It was unclear whether the gang members were arrested then or in September, and local police could not be reached for comment. The bogus iPhones sold for more than 4,000 yuan each, close to the price for the genuine article, the Shanghai Daily newspaper reported.

The news comes as speculation mounts that Apple may unveil its next generation iPhone as early as October 4, after the US technology giant sent out invitations for an unspecified event on that day.

The launch is sure to trigger huge excitement in China, which has the world's largest online population with over 500 million users. Some die-hard fans queue for days to get their hands on the latest Apple products.

Apple only has five official stores in mainland China - two in Beijing and three in Shanghai - although more shops are authorised to sell its products, while others offer those smuggled in from overseas markets.
- AFP

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

At the end of the day, china chinese and mama from india is having a hard time in the western world. From the postings i read here, i can tell most of you guys never worked overseas before. Whether aping the west or not, ang mor dont give a shit bout asians. Period. Majority of people in the west or even asians themselves see china and india as cheap labour and inferior carbon copy. Even sinkee students that I have met who comes back from studies for "holidays" in sinkapore makes the excuse of being back to be with their families and friends. But the true fact is they cant even get a part time job overseas. Ive known students who come back to sinkapore to work as waitress or supermarket stacker just to earn a few bucks during their "holidays here. China and India are making the rest of asia look bad.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

China is still in the middle ages. No one gives a shit about them. Trust me. Even in sinkeeland, chinese employers treat them as lowly beings. One of my past employer also treats them as game meat. All he have to do is cancel their work pass when he gets them pregnant or they gives him trouble.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did say that western marketing is dominating the global market but this will change in the next 5 to 10 years. 10 years ago nobody gave a damn about Korean cars or TVs or handphones. Today they have replaced many Japanese and European cars, Ericsson, Motorola and Nokia. Samsung and LG are the leaders of SmartTV ahead of Sony and Philips. The US TV and other European brands have practically disappeared. Behind the scene, the non-consumer sector, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson and Nokia and even Cisco have been replaced gradually by Huawei and ZTE even in Singapore. Africa has been a Chinese stronghold. UK's richest man is probably an Indian. In China, they don't use the Internet the way we use here. Theirs are mainly for games and online purchases are probably much bigger than here. Contents relevant to them is the key. Google could not make it in China. They are using govt control as an excuse.

Asian brands are replacing western ones because they are cheap and nothing alse. When a asian company wants to launch a product in their west, the price is way cheaper than if you were to buy it in asia or sinkapore. this is because in the west there is still seen as competition. The west only wants cheap like the rest of us.
Asians way or asians dominating in any way will never be accepted in the west. 5 - 10 years from now, china will be in deep shit as technological sector will give way to agriculture and bio science. The west will again dominate as there will be alot of starving chinese in china.

There is a reason why IBM gave up their PC unit to china. Moore's law.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At the end of the day, china chinese and mama from india is having a hard time in the western world. From the postings i read here, i can tell most of you guys never worked overseas before. Whether aping the west or not, ang mor dont give a shit bout asians. Period. Majority of people in the west or even asians themselves see china and india as cheap labour and inferior carbon copy. Even sinkee students that I have met who comes back from studies for "holidays" in sinkapore makes the excuse of being back to be with their families and friends. But the true fact is they cant even get a part time job overseas. Ive known students who come back to sinkapore to work as waitress or supermarket stacker just to earn a few bucks during their "holidays here. China and India are making the rest of asia look bad.

Oh really?? I see many ang mohs moving to asia to work instead.

As for students giving excuses to come back to their families cos they cannot find work overseas. Hey do you know all the students to make such a BS statement?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_rastafar_I said:
Oh really?? I see many ang mohs moving to asia to work instead.

As for students giving excuses to come back to their families cos they cannot find work overseas. Hey do you know all the students to make such a BS statement?

Ang Mohs working in Asia used to enjoy expat terms but no more now unless they are very senior management sent from headquarters. The western high standards of quality are slowly being chattered. Germany cars used to be famous for their engineering and reliability but in the interest of lower cost, these have given way to poorly designed products. Japanese cars are definitely more reliable and the Koreans have probably caught up in some areas of auto technology. As Asians catch up in the use of marketing, the aura of western brand superiority will be chattered. Samsung, today, sells not because they are cheap but because they are good and often at a premium. US cars are probably cheaper than most European and Japanese equivalents size for size but there are no takers. US is probably still the leader in IT, consumer and enterprise software and entertainment, but practically nothing in the consumer segment except in their own domestic market. As the Koreans are stepping into the shoes of the Japanese, the Chinese are following the Korean footstep in the Consumer sector. In the non-Consumer sector, where marketing, a weakness for them, is not as critical, the Chinese probably have done some frog-leaping.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ang Mohs working in Asia used to enjoy expat terms but no more now unless they are very senior management sent from headquarters. The western high standards of quality are slowly being chattered. Germany cars used to be famous for their engineering and reliability but in the interest of lower cost, these have given way to poorly designed products. Japanese cars are definitely more reliable and the Koreans have probably caught up in some areas of auto technology. As Asians catch up in the use of marketing, the aura of western brand superiority will be chattered. Samsung, today, sells not because they are cheap but because they are good and often at a premium. US cars are probably cheaper than most European and Japanese equivalents size for size but there are no takers. US is probably still the leader in IT, consumer and enterprise software and entertainment, but practically nothing in the consumer segment except in their own domestic market. As the Koreans are stepping into the shoes of the Japanese, the Chinese are following the Korean footstep in the Consumer sector. In the non-Consumer sector, where marketing, a weakness for them, is not as critical, the Chinese probably have done some frog-leaping.

It kind of pisses me off that there are ppl that still think asians are like soooo inferior and that whites are still reigning like the overlords. The way this chupacabra writes it's like this is still the age of colonialism. I wonder if he's some dumb white or even worse an asian dog that worships whites. I'll go for the latter.

There are many other countries say indonesia for eg that are much lower in terms of standard of living and technology that are still prouder of their own countries compared to some asians like chinese or koreans of their own.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

No point closing the barn door after the horse has escaped. Chinks lost their culture a long time ago. The only trait the Chinese have managed to retain is their desire to cheat, lie and copy.

Adopting Ang Moh culture is a good thing though since it's vastly superior.

hi there

1. honest, you make me laugh, ang mo culture thing!
2. what culture man?
3. bonk around, have gun to kill or what!
4. come on! there is no different from one ang mo to another common joe on the streets.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Chinese continue to worship ALL THINGS WESTERN.....

China cracks down on iPhone fakes 9:00 AM Monday Oct 3, 2011

Two different fake iPhones on sale in China. Photo / AP

Police in Shanghai have arrested five people for making fake iPhones, state media said, just as Apple fans overseas wait with bated breath for the launch of the US giant's newest model.

The craze for all things Apple in China has triggered widespread cloning of iPhones and iPads. In July, an American blogger even uncovered fake Apple stores in the southwestern city of Kunming.

Police said the Shanghai gang scavenged parts from discarded iPhones and combined them with counterfeit components to create the fakes, which were then sold, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

The raid on the gang took place in July, and police seized more than 200 fake iPhones and other parts valued at five million yuan (NZ$1.03m) from a workshop in a rented apartment, it said.

It was unclear whether the gang members were arrested then or in September, and local police could not be reached for comment. The bogus iPhones sold for more than 4,000 yuan each, close to the price for the genuine article, the Shanghai Daily newspaper reported.

The news comes as speculation mounts that Apple may unveil its next generation iPhone as early as October 4, after the US technology giant sent out invitations for an unspecified event on that day.

The launch is sure to trigger huge excitement in China, which has the world's largest online population with over 500 million users. Some die-hard fans queue for days to get their hands on the latest Apple products.

Apple only has five official stores in mainland China - two in Beijing and three in Shanghai - although more shops are authorised to sell its products, while others offer those smuggled in from overseas markets.
- AFP

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. chinese not only worship this or that.
3. they worship anything fake and makes monies quick.
4. get it!
5. there is nothing to do with whatever culture!