• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's culture

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
Ask any up and coming Chinaman what car he dreams of driving. A Geely or a Beemer? A Merc or a Hyundai? A "Great Wall" or a Hummer? :rolleyes:

Does China fake Apple Stores or Sony Centres?

Who came first Youtube or Youku?

Where is China's answer to Nike, LV, Armani, CK etc ?.. other than making cheap counterfeit copies?

I did say that western marketing is dominating the global market but this will change in the next 5 to 10 years. 10 years ago nobody gave a damn about Korean cars or TVs or handphones. Today they have replaced many Japanese and European cars, Ericsson, Motorola and Nokia. Samsung and LG are the leaders of SmartTV ahead of Sony and Philips. The US TV and other European brands have practically disappeared. Behind the scene, the non-consumer sector, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson and Nokia and even Cisco have been replaced gradually by Huawei and ZTE even in Singapore. Africa has been a Chinese stronghold. UK's richest man is probably an Indian. In China, they don't use the Internet the way we use here. Theirs are mainly for games and online purchases are probably much bigger than here. Contents relevant to them is the key. Google could not make it in China. They are using govt control as an excuse.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

To ALL:

Bros, in sociology there is such a word a "Dominant Culture." The ways aped by others who see it as appealing or advanced.

And it can be from any country or region. For almost a good forty years, countries were rebuilding after WW2, USA's factories were intact, and so it dominated. Prior to that, USA was very very conservative, UK was dominant. Before that, countres who rose on the back of the Industrial Revolution, dominated in their own spheres of influence with some stretching to where their naval might could reach. Before that each region had their own medieval culture, and "local" influences.

I wouldn't call it "western culture" as most people have come to - because in the west, these "decadent" ways are termed by some of their locals as popular culture.

My two cents.

Cheers!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

If Chinese don't ditch Chinese culture, then I worry.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's so surprising to see a kfc or madonalds in an asian country? They have macs in almost any country in the world. Therefore why specifically pick out china and say they are losing their own culture.

Many m&ds and kelings here also ape western culture but somehow only chinese are the ones being chided for being blind followers to so-called western culture.

How about eurasians? These ppl aren't really whites and not asians but since they grew up in sg and not a western country they should be called aping the west if they try and imitate real white ppl.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I did say that western marketing is dominating the global market but this will change in the next 5 to 10 years. 10 years ago nobody gave a damn about Korean cars or TVs or handphones.

The Japs have been making top quality cars since the mid 70s. In terms of absolute numbers, Jap cars far outsell their European counterparts. However, this has not altered the fact that Mercs, BMWs, Bentleys and Ferraris are still in the forefront of desirability. All you have to is take a peak outside your window to see which luxury brands dominate the market.

The Asians are good at mass production. When it comes to leading edge technology and flair, nothing can beat the Ang Mohs be it in fashion, electronics, photography, timepieces, software, or automobiles.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Louis Vuitton, Apple, Carl Zeiss AG, Audemars Piguet, Symantec, Koenigsegg :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Japs have been making top quality cars since the mid 70s. In terms of absolute numbers, Jap cars far outsell their European counterparts. However, this has not altered the fact that Mercs, BMWs, Bentleys and Ferraris are still in the forefront of desirability. All you have to is take a peak outside your window to see which luxury brands dominate the market.

The Asians are good at mass production. When it comes to leading edge technology and flair, nothing can beat the Ang Mohs be it in fashion, electronics, photography, timepieces, software, or automobiles.

That's only your perception. In any case that's not important at all. You're not even a white why should you be boasting for them on their behalf?

It's like the poor neighbour boasting on behalf of his rich neighbour to others when the wealth doesn't even belong to him.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

What's so surprising to see a kfc or madonalds in an asian country? They have macs in almost any country in the world. Therefore why specifically pick out china and say they are losing their own culture.

Many m&ds and kelings here also ape western culture but somehow only chinese are the ones being chided for being blind followers to so-called western culture.

How about eurasians? These ppl aren't really whites and not asians but since they grew up in sg and not a western country they should be called aping the west if they try and imitate real white ppl.

What's your problem with Eurasians? This began as a thread on Chinese identity and cultural crisis. Why drag us in? Anyway, we have no problem like you Chinese have - insecurity and inferiority complex.

Progress is progress, whether oriental or western. If you want to keep your meaningless practices and call it your tradition, identity crisis, insecurity and inferiority complex will be what you keep and keep struggling to keep.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's your problem with Eurasians? This began as a thread on Chinese identity and cultural crisis. Why drag us in? Anyway, we have no problem like you Chinese have - insecurity and inferiority complex.

Progress is progress, whether oriental or western. If you want to keep your meaningless practices and call it your tradition, identity crisis, insecurity and inferiority complex will be what you keep and keep struggling to keep.

I suggest you actually take a course in english comprehension. My explanation was already written in the post you quoted. I'll rephrase it so that you can better comprehend. As a singaporean and a half breed asian that grew up in an asian country you're supposed to be following asian culture. Yet i'm sure you ape western culture and thumb your nose at your asian heritage am i right to say that?

FYI what chinese identity and crisis is there? Sure there are many chinese that have western names and follow western music and culture and so on but they are a small minority. Need i remind you that a small percentage of chinese ppl is a lot cos there are so many chinese ppl in the world? Deal with it.

Mind you i find you eurasians a big laugh. You're the ones with the inferiority complexes. You're not a pure white fyi. In fact the majority of you probably aren't even half white but probably just retained your ang moh surname from some distance male ang moh ancestor yet you keep on acting as you're pure bred whites and hate on your asian heritage and pretend you're better than pure bred asians simply cos you have some ang moh in you. Even pure bred ang mohs don't behave like that. That is the ultimate inferiority complex. You don't have any culture fyi.

As for this "If you want to keep your meaningless practices and call it your tradition" try telling that to the ppls in the middle east, south asia, europe etc everyone of them has those so called meaningless practices like the bull chasing crap in spain. Why not you tell that to the spanish ppl? Of course i know ppl like you. When european ppl engage in these cultural practices it's their culture and they are cool but not when chinese do it. I am sure you agree with me on this.

You need to differentiate between american coporate global culture and traditional european cultures which are even more bizarre than chinese ones you twit.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

To ALL:

Bros, in sociology there is such a word a "Dominant Culture." The ways aped by others who see it as appealing or advanced.

And it can be from any country or region. For almost a good forty years, countries were rebuilding after WW2, USA's factories were intact, and so it dominated. Prior to that, USA was very very conservative, UK was dominant. Before that, countres who rose on the back of the Industrial Revolution, dominated in their own spheres of influence with some stretching to where their naval might could reach. Before that each region had their own medieval culture, and "local" influences.

I wouldn't call it "western culture" as most people have come to - because in the west, these "decadent" ways are termed by some of their locals as popular culture.

My two cents.

Cheers!

i agreed with you ..buying coffee at starbucks thats not western culture .

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suggest you actually take a course in english comprehension. My explanation was already written in the post you quoted. I'll rephrase it so that you can better comprehend. As a singaporean and a half breed asian that grew up in an asian country you're supposed to be following asian culture. Yet i'm sure you ape western culture and thumb your nose at your asian heritage am i right to say that?

Nobody dictates what culture I or we are supposed to follow. Who do you think you are? Cultural legislator or enforcer. We decide what we want and what balance we want. What you think is good for yourself, keep it for yourself and do it for yourself. Don't say Eurasians must be Chinese or at least 50% Chinese. It's our own business. For your info, my family discarded Christianity generations ago. That I'm sure you don't mind. We can discard anything whether Chinese or British in tradition. The Christian COE (Church of England) Brits don't care and let it be. That wins more back in heart by accepting lose in some in formality. Chinese like you are insisting that other Chinese or part Chinese must abide by something you consider Chineseness. That repels the heart and breeds rebels.

FYI what chinese identity and crisis is there? Sure there are many chinese that have western names and follow western music and culture and so on but they are a small minority. Need i remind you that a small percentage of chinese ppl is a lot cos there are so many chinese ppl in the world? Deal with it.

Mind you i find you eurasians a big laugh. You're the ones with the inferiority complexes. You're not a pure white fyi. In fact the majority of you probably aren't even half white but probably just retained your ang moh surname from some distance male ang moh ancestor yet you keep on acting as you're pure bred whites and hate on your asian heritage and pretend you're better than pure bred asians simply cos you have some ang moh in you. Even pure bred ang mohs don't behave like that. That is the ultimate inferiority complex. You don't have any culture fyi.

As for this "If you want to keep your meaningless practices and call it your tradition" try telling that to the ppls in the middle east, south asia, europe etc everyone of them has those so called meaningless practices like the bull chasing crap in spain. Why not you tell that to the spanish ppl? Of course i know ppl like you. When european ppl engage in these cultural practices it's their culture and they are cool but not when chinese do it. I am sure you agree with me on this.

You need to differentiate between american coporate global culture and traditional european cultures which are even more bizarre than chinese ones you twit.

I don't mind any people of any culture developing with the times and change with the times at all. I thump my nose up at nobody. There's nothing superior or inferior about being born white, half white, yellow, brown or black. You're the one that keeps bringing race and color into otherwise innocent discussion. One of my biggest heroes was Dr. Martin Luther King. Google for skin color if you don't know him - judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. Your style is invariable. You'll just jump on anything from a racial POV.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:

You are referring to culture for the elites. Culture for the common people is another matter. Nokia used to be the brand for premium mobile phone not so long ago. They were expensive devices and were still able to sell. Not now. Today they are fighting for survival. Other than Apple, who excels not so much for their technology as for their business model and marketing, Samsung is the technology leader. Switzerland used to be the home of all watches, now they are leader only in the snob class mechanical time machines and a small revival in mass market in Swatch. Snob products will always find their markets but these are only niche markets.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody dictates what culture I or we are supposed to follow. Who do you think you are? Cultural legislator or enforcer. We decide what we want and what balance we want. What you think is good for yourself, keep it for yourself and do it for yourself. Don't say Eurasians must be Chinese or at least 50% Chinese. It's our own business. For your info, my family discarded Christianity generations ago. That I'm sure you don't mind. We can discard anything whether Chinese or British in tradition. The Christian COE (Church of England) Brits don't care and let it be. That wins more back in heart by accepting lose in some in formality. Chinese like you are insisting that other Chinese or part Chinese must abide by something you consider Chineseness. That repels the heart and breeds rebels.

I don't mind any people of any culture developing with the times and change with the times at all. I thump my nose up at nobody. There's nothing superior or inferior about being born white, half white, yellow, brown or black. You're the one that keeps bringing race and color into otherwise innocent discussion. One of my biggest heroes was Dr. Martin Luther King. Google for skin color if you don't know him - judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. Your style is invariable. You'll just jump on anything from a racial POV.

Oh of course from a PC POV we could say this "We decide what we want and what balance we want. What you think is good for yourself, keep it for yourself and do it for yourself." Here's the facts all of us are bound to a certain extent to our culture becos it gives us an identity and helps us to fit into the society that we live in. You live in a western country you follow them and asians that live in western countries do. Same thing is expected over in asia and so on. I find your 1st paragraph a laugh. The main thing is cos you contridict yourself right here and on your earlier post. Might i ask you what did you write on post #28? You mentioned that chinese ppl have an inferiority complex. Why? cos they wanted to ape western culture am i correct? Yet on post #31 you then say we decide what we want therefore if a chinese person wanted to be totally western is he following your logic on post#28 in having an inferiority complex or on post #31 he has the freedom to decide?

You sure change your tune pretty fast. A chinese person that follows western culture has an inferiority complex as you stated in #28 but yet others like yourself are allowed to follow any cultural practices as you choose without being tagged with having an inferiority complex. Care to explain this to me?

For the 2nd part of your post i wonder if you're actually being truthful or just trying to wiggle yourself out of a tight corner. You see from your various posts in this thread and other threads i can see that you look down particularly on chinese cultures and practices. You're unlike drifter that hates all religions but just particularly hate on 1 culture and you're a mixed with chinese too cos i remember you mentioning that (irony). Yes there's nothing inferior or superior about any race or color but that's only in a totally PC world. Unfortunately for you you're the last person to make that comment cos it's pretty obvious you don't look too kindly on the asian side. I'm sure you'll agree with me too.

Last but not the least liking a person from a certain race doesn't mean you actually like that race. That's what many white men say about asians. They'll say i'm not racist against asians cos i like to fuck asian gals. I like dancehall reggae music but does this mean i like all black ppl? FYI i think eurasian gals are prettier than chinese girls and i like to fuck them therefore how can i be racist towards eurasians?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm following this thread. You're easily the STAR of this thread !

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

A chinese person that follows western culture has an inferiority complex as you stated in #28 but yet others like yourself are allowed to follow any cultural practices as you choose without being tagged with having an inferiority complex. Care to explain this to me?

I didn't say a Chinese person who adopts some non-Chinese traditon has inferiority complex. It's Chinese like you who keep harping on Chinese person abandoning Chinese tradition and pulling other races into the equation who has major inferiority complex problem.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal

hey shit skin speak for yourself.

You're so afraid of admitting your own race you have to claim you're some sort of eurasian or mixed. When in actual fact you'r a keling shit skin.

Fuck you piece of shit.. I never admitted or didnt admit to anything.. Typical Chink..Trying to cheat people and con people... Look at you.. A fucking chink acting like a Rasta.. And where the fuck did you go for so long.. I kind of missed getting into an argument with you.

Anyways Rasta is a fucking big time bigot.. He is a fucking typical chink..Lose liao still must TRY his best to save face.. Fuck off la.. Go look at yourselves in the Mirror. No one gives a flying fuck about chink anywhere in the world, Only you think that.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I didn't say a Chinese person who adopts some non-Chinese traditon has inferiority complex. It's Chinese like you who keep harping on Chinese person abandoning Chinese tradition and pulling other races into the equation who has major inferiority complex problem.

HAHAHA pls learn how to lie better. Go back and re-read your post #28 that's not what you were talking about.

I'm pulling other races in to show that this isn't the case just for the chinese. Nothing wrong with that.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fuck you piece of shit.. I never admitted or didnt admit to anything.. Typical Chink..Trying to cheat people and con people... Look at you.. A fucking chink acting like a Rasta.. And where the fuck did you go for so long.. I kind of missed getting into an argument with you.

Anyways Rasta is a fucking big time bigot.. He is a fucking typical chink..Lose liao still must save face.. Fuck off la.. Go look at yourselves in the Mirror.

:biggrin: eh keling have you forgotten your earlier posts last time? Pray tell in what ways do i act like a rasta?

Let's just say that unlike you i have a life outside to lead while your sole entertainment and meaning in life is to get your kicks arguing with ppl online.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't lie. I repost #28 since you quote it so famously.

HAHAHA pls learn how to lie better. Go back and re-read your post #28 that's not what you were talking about.

I'm pulling other races in to show that this isn't the case just for the chinese. Nothing wrong with that.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal

Arguing with people online also fun mah.