• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT = once a famiLEE LEEgime national pride = now a national DISGRACE & SHAME

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
MRT has been in operation for the past 30 years I believe but now all these happen at the same time. What does it tell you. Surely must be those spirits who kenna disturb during construction and operation now all gang up to cause all these disruptions la. Nothing about cost cutting, mismanagement, training etc etc

Its simply SUAY ; SIBEH SUAY ; KAN-SI-LANG-SUAY

Its about time to call them

hungry-ghost-1.jpg

(drifter please don't zap me, just brainstorming only hor)

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know the best part of this saga is after the first few breakdowns last year, ocbc analyst came out to back smrt, saying that their shares will appreciate in no time.. haha... i was laughing then...:biggrin::rolleyes:

whoa! ...

tis thread powderful! ...

smrt shares plunge > 4% 2day! ... :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you know the best part of this saga is after the first few breakdowns last year, ocbc analyst came out to back smrt, saying that their shares will appreciate in no time.. haha... i was laughing then...:biggrin::rolleyes:

Actually the jokes are the lesser mortals who rely on the system:eek:

The shareholders are probably the PAP who are laughing all the way to the bank:wink:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whoa! ...

tis thread powderful! ...

smrt shares plunge > 4% 2day! ... :eek:

Plunge then let it plunge. Best if delisted and nationalized. Don't be a cheapskate gian png fucker and go bargain hunting on SMRT shares.

Fuck its dividends. Do not let your money sponsor corporate incompetence.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
oi...i am one of the lesser mortals using this 1st class mrt system, okay...:o

talking about this, i am not sure if ocbc has substantial volume of smrt shares, i bet they do! when smrt launched its IPO in year 2000, ocbc was the agent bank.

Actually the jokes on the lesser mortals who rely on the system:eek:

The shareholders are probably the PAP who are laughing all the way to the bank:wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oi...i am one of the lesser mortals using this 1st class mrt system, okay...:o

talking about this, i am not sure if ocbc has substantial volume of smrt shares, i bet they do! when smrt launched its IPO in year 2000, ocbc was the agent bank.
i thot you taxi driver? how come take MRT? taxi kena burned in tunnel is you?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you guys go to HK, their MTR is smooth and very organised

Yes, if the pappies want to compare, compare with mtr. Hopefully, they learnt something. Pinoys can only be maids in hk. In sinkingland, pinoys can shit on sinkees' head. Song boh?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back when the first lines were completed, around 1987, I remember reading that the main parts of the system, e.g. tracks, power supply, signaling equipment, viaducts, etc. have a lifespan of 50 years. This means that in order to prevent the kind of breakdowns we 'enjoyed' and continue to 'enjoy', progressive overhauls would begin around the 45th year of the track.

The frequent breakdowns on the older lines, barely 25 years after operations started, probably means one, some or all of the following:
  • the system has not been maintained according to the specified requirements
  • the system has not been used according to specifications
  • the manufacturers cheated MRTC because of the unrealistically low tenders required to get the job.

aw_bark_kark

Alfrescian
Loyal
地铁水平是新加坡共和国国耻!

PRC have 1000X more population level than SG and their trains are NOT fucking up like this.

India also have 1000X more population level than SG and their trains are NOT fucking up like this.

Why SG? Why with Million Dollar Ministers? Why with SAF General Ministers? Huh? WAF?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MRT has been in operation for the past 30 years I believe but now all these happen at the same time. What does it tell you. Surely must be those spirits who kenna disturb during construction and operation now all gang up to cause all these disruptions la. Nothing about cost cutting, mismanagement, training etc etc

Its simply SUAY ; SIBEH SUAY ; KAN-SI-LANG-SUAY

Its about time to call them

View attachment 4605

(drifter please don't zap me, just brainstorming only hor)

whahaha..ah joe , im watching you hor ..you better agar agar hor :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sg mrt system, like the bart system in the bay area, has a limited number of tracks per line, thus making it a non-24-hr system with a limited maintenance window of about 4 hours (after midnight to 4-5 am). most likely due to lack of regular track maintenance on the part of the previous management team, the mrt has reached a stage of wear and tear where it may be better to overhaul the track system instead of incremental and piecemeal improvements or repairs. in the bart system here, maintenance crews work on the tracks all morning during the maintenance windows everyday 7 days a week to check for misalignment, wear and tear of tracks, loose parts and joints and repair or replace them immediately. miles of tracks are realigned, repaired, and replaced daily. it's a continual process. vibrations, frequencies of trains, loads and speeds are factors contributing to misalignment, parts getting loose, wear and tear of the track system. the electrical system requires much maintenance too, but the mechanicals are most affected. if the former mrt management team did not pay much attention to these details and ensure constant maintenance of all tracks on a daily basis, eventual serious breakdowns would be inevitable. the lta and the transport ministry is correct in making sure best practice is observed and performed (which is not previously), and that a massive overhaul in oa&m is warranted in view of the sorry state and lack of maintenance of a truly well designed and planned system.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......... the lta and the transport ministry is correct in making sure best practice is observed and performed (which is not previously), and that a massive overhaul in oa&m is warranted in view of the sorry state and lack of maintenance of a truly well designed and planned system.

Ok, assuming that all this is done, causing plenty of inconvenience to users, how can we be certain that this will not be repeated in the future:confused:

That ex-CEO was rewarded for her incompetence. The people at the top e.g. Ho Ching, LHL,... are still there. So next time around they could put someone even more incompetent:eek: If not into MRT, there are other positions in the various GLCs that Temasek controls. I suspect there are more incompetent pen pushers in the PAP just waiting to screw up:wink: