• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent

hi there

1. me too!
2. same goes to the justification for the million-dollar salary thing.
3. there is simply no redress to the matter.
4. such sheep having golden arse or betterer arse mah!

to that char-azn pap dog,

your cover is blown. your options (follow streetsmart style) :

1) stop pretending to be a neutral
2) register another nick and start pretending to be neutral again
3) since your cover is blown, you can suck your pap masters' balls opening and no need paiseh anymore
4) pretend not to have read this thread and continue to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: in other threads.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent

25 years ago, a state of the art herman miller would have cost usd500 a chair. after the dot com bust of 2000, the same chair would have been sold in auctions for usd50. my office is equipped with over 100 hm's (of a better design) and they were bought at a basement bargain price of usd19.99 a chair from a liquidator.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

No corruption in Singapore my foot! These type of practice is commonly used to earn under table cash or in-kind for civil servants. They get friendly suppliers to quote as high as possible, the suppliers happily oblige of course. Excess profits or favors then returned under table. The trick is of course not to get caught. It's the same with upgrading and estate maintenance contractors. All year round dig and dig, pave and pave. Quote high costs and residents co-pay through S&CC or direct upgrading charges. Behind and under, excess taxpayers' and residents' money change hands. How come got excess you may ask? The contractors quote Singapore rates and markup somemore, then hire Banglas to do the jobs.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just recalled that end Mar is close of their FY. Whatever they have left, they have to spend the money so as to avoid being penalised in next year's budget. You are not likely to hear of these unnecessary purchase until the period Feb-Mar whereby all hell breaks loose. I think I am right here. I went through that before. Ask for necessities, never get. When FY closing, they beg you to buy.

I was in the same position b4. suddenly the department got tons of pen/pencil/marker etc before the closing year. when normal days you want to find a marker its like trying to find a walking dinosaur

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to that char-azn pap dog,

your cover is blown. your options (follow streetsmart style) :

1) stop pretending to be a neutral
2) register another nick and start pretending to be neutral again
3) since your cover is blown, you can suck your pap masters' balls opening and no need paiseh anymore
4) pretend not to have read this thread and continue to :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: in other threads.

I am stating an observation. This news have less impact then you imagine due to reasons stated above. I choose not to respond to troll messages in general because they are nothing but Flame bait. I said it more then once before I do not support PAP, I do not support a political party in general because like I stated before I find it stupid. However I do support many of their policies and am prepare to defend my beliefs. Similarly there is a lot of from the opposition camp and I have also stuck my head out for those when you idiots flame those too. I don't see you complaining about them

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am stating an observation. This news have less impact then you imagine due to reasons stated above. I choose not to respond to troll messages in general because they are nothing but Flame bait. I said it more then once before I do not support PAP, I do not support a political party in general because like I stated before I find it stupid. However I do support many of their policies and am prepare to defend my beliefs. Similarly there is a lot of from the opposition camp and I have also stuck my head out for those when you idiots flame those too. I don't see you complaining about them

When u add your Chiam story para at the end of your post, u are already telling everyone that u are PAP supporter. U have mentioned many times that oppo posters are alarmist and the PAP is not that bad, and u dredge up Chiam as an example to show everyone that the justice system is fair here and u can sue the PAP and win. We know u are a balls sucking PAP bastard. Just be honest and admit it. In the 40 plus years Kuan Yew has ruled this place, u bring up the one and only example where the PAP lost in a libel suit versus the many times they won with punitive damages. Everyone knows that Chiam is a PAP stooge and a plant by the PAP to show ther world there is a "opposition" in Singapore. The last real oppo was JBJ and look what they did to him. Fucking Chiam has been oppo for so long and cannot grow his party to win more than 1 seat. I am sick and tired of hearing Chiam praising Old Goat and the PAP during parliamentary hearings, more so than even some PAP backbenchers. Chiam also knows that thereare many rumours that he is related by marriage to Lee, and he has never categorically denied that in public. U bring up Chiam as an example, for that anyone can bring 10 other opposite examples ranging from JBJ, Chee, etc. So, go fuck yourself.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I put that in my signature for 2 reasons. 1)I admire Chiam as an opposition leader(along side LTK and Sylvia Lim). 2) that the law is not bias to a particular political party which in this case is PAP. Just because Chee, JBJ, and Tang Liang Hong(the only 3 I can remember getting sued for political comments and not the gaziliion you claim) has nothing to do with whether or not the judicial system is bias. They got sued because they said something that they pulled out of their ass and realize they cannot support their claims.

Chiam has managed to do more for SG in 5 years as an opposition leader then Chee managed in 2 decades. Only idiots cannot see the good PAP managed to do. This is not to say that they have not done bad things. Chiam and Low whether it is the right thing to do or not as politicians praise them because they recognize the good at the same time they oppose them because they can see the bad proving that he is a logical leader rather then an idiot like Chee who oppose for the sake of opposing.

If there is any PAP mole on the opposition end Chee is the one and not Chiam. James Gomez is a close 2nd

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

2) that the law is not bias to a particular political party which in this case is PAP :confused::eek:

this just re-confirm char-azn as a pap dog. very loyal somemore. must be pure breed dog.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Char_Azn If there is any PAP mole on the opposition end Chee is the one and not Chiam. /QUOTE said:
I bet my everything, including coffin money, you are 100% spot on. Btw, why this assessment? Just curious.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Char_Azn If there is any PAP mole on the opposition end Chee is the one and not Chiam. /QUOTE said:
I bet my everything, including coffin money, you are 100% spot on. Btw, why this assessment? Just curious.

Chee is a genius

He can live comfortably without a job

He also don't care about getting elected

So I wonder what is he trying to do with his life?

gohsanho

Alfrescian
Loyal

When someone being served is using a $10 stool at home while the one serving is sitting on a $500+ designer chair, something is not be right.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

When someone being served is using a $10 stool at home while the one serving is sitting on a $500+ designer chair, something is not be right.

You don't understand Singapore enough

They already sent the top guys to MIT, Stanford etc.

You expect them to take a $5,000 salary with that education while a polytechnic ah beng earns $2,000?