• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent

MOM at Kim Seng Rd does not house the big bosses. Strange only staff at Kim Seng Rd gets new chairs. You mean staff at Havelock not getting these chairs? Why not have all MOM staff get a new chair?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MOM splurges on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Minister being imprudent?

hi there

1. dragon, there is no golden backside during your time, right!
2. there isn't some piggy at the top too!
3. now, we know where are our hard earned monies are consumed.

Honestly, the money spent on these chairs is really peanuts if you know where the big bucks go to.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MOM splurges $272k on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Min being imprudent

hi guys!!! those wasting money and enjoying life ones are those sitting in office. those civil servant u face on the ground are suffering!!! others in dept like finance, admin or HR are enjoying life with good pay, good appraisal cos work near the god and thinking of ways to screw those operation staff on the ground!!!. cut pay, no OT and bonus on performance based. operation wise, those sitting in office keep thinking of ways to cut down man power on operation, 2 staff cut down to 1 staff also shiok. its not like in the SAF, nowadays operation staff got to multi task and answer to a lot of departmental heads. logistics support for operation staff also kena screw. but office staff getting bigger office, chairs getting bigger and bonus getting fatter!!! 8mth bonus right i read??? :mad:

last heard from someone working in some state board. lower rank ones now really got a lot responsibilities! bao kah liao! everything must do and gotta answer to different bosses from different dept. dunno why i pity those people, because i was from police before and was a mata kia police constable. macam everyone and anyone also my boss! :eek:

police since last time also like that, thats why a lot good policeman like ramseth, golden dragon and myself left. :mad: a lot of those Div 2 and Div 3 people in the civil service kena all these multi tasking shit! a lot tulan with pap liao. pap thought civil servants all typical pap supporters, they are dead wrong. :cool: ISD pls let your master know this!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MOM splurges on $575 designer chairs. Is the Manpower Minister being imprudent?

how come cannot convert the budget surplus into employee's bonuses? :p:p:p

Companies rather buy fixed assets like chairs/renovation fittings etc and capitalise their spending; than expense the fund in the form of employee salary. The amount spent would go on its balance sheet.

In any case, i don't know who approves public spending. That's our tax money that can be put to better use.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

if it comes with 12-year warranty, the cost is not unreasonable, since normal chairs only last about 3 years.

you may see funny sinkies label the chair with their own initials.

IMHO2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ai yoh ... no big deal lah! Many government department already using them, some for well over 2 to 3 years. Saw them in ministry of health, some years ago. May be due for upgrade already.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Best chair lah !!!
24mgl8g.jpg

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Best chair lah !!!
24mgl8g.jpg

yes man!!!!! easy to maintain!!!!! cooling!!!!! if in air con too cold can add cushion!!!!! tired liao still can lie down!!!!! spoil, get new one. dont need to waste time repair!!!!! very cheap too!!!!! :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes man!!!!! easy to maintain!!!!! cooling!!!!! if in air con too cold can add cushion!!!!! tired liao still can lie down!!!!! spoil, get new one. dont need to waste time repair!!!!! very cheap too!!!!! :biggrin:

This chair will not be able to take the weight of Prataman or his wife.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not all the part are warranty. Should read the fine print and lobour cost is not free.
Warranty 12 year maybe body. Not included roller/wheel and they can mark up labour cost to $150/chair but free part.
That the business game.

M.O.M., is a money spinning ministry, must deserve that kind of chair even you peasant's can not even sfford to sit.. M.O.M. stands for MONEY, Oh! Money!:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MOM at Kim Seng Rd does not house the big bosses. Strange only staff at Kim Seng Rd gets new chairs. You mean staff at Havelock not getting these chairs? Why not have all MOM staff get a new chair?

Kim Seng Rd department is located in a run down old school buildings amidst swanky looking condos & Great World City, they must be helping their bog boss to generate mountains of income plus reputation to warrant expensive chairs for their bottoms.
:rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkie Sheeps

Thanks for buying high-quality and high-priced American Products again!!

Without you sheeps, we can't enjoy fat paychecks!!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Keng Swee : "Go get those 1960s red Chinese funeral wakes plastic chairs for the officers. I need the money to buy sand from damn Indons to reclaim Jurong!

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe there's a 10% kickback for someone.

Kick back for what lah after kena CPIB. Just go put 3 kopitiam bosses behind bar or fine them each S$103,000. more them enough to cover the cost.
Many coffeeshop and food court bosses uses Phamtom Workers to employ more FT and uses illegal workers.
Even big bakeries also employ Skill workers (S pass and EP) using Doctored Education Certificate.

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal
MoM really need to order Herman Miller chairs : here's why!

Herman Miller Aeron ordered by MoM:

http://blogs.thesitedoctor.co.uk/tim/img/Herman-Miller-Aeron-400.jpg

I once went to neighbor shop and saw this office chair:

http://www.glasscomputerdesk.co.uk/images/office-chairs.jpg

The man at the shop wanted $80 for it. But my family was so poor better not think about it. But as a boy was thinking that people work in office really have good life to be able to sit in such luxury cushion chair. At home just make do with plastic chair with 2 cushion total cost : < $30.

But yesterday I learned a new brand : Herman Miller. Never heard of such a brand in my life. MoM says if don't buy these chairs civil servant's back can be hurt. Wah I look up Herman Miller chair retail price cheapest $1100. MoM managed to get a bargain price of $500. Incidently this was the favorite chair of investment bankers who brought about the financial crisis.

I spend the whole day thinking : how did civil servants' back become so weak? I mean none of those people who live around me - the ah soh, ah peh all sit on wooden chair the whole day but they are not crippled or have their backs broken. I consider myself lucky to be able to afford 2 pieces of cushion for my back. After thinking the whole day, I understood why civil servants have such weak backs to need Herman Miller chairs to prevent back injury.

When they hire civil servants, they choose people without backbone so that they will obediently follow instructions handed down by the political masters in particular the hard truth of one Mentor up there. Over the years, their backs become weaker and weaker and prone to injury. So to prevent people with no back bone and prone to back injury, they have to purchase $500+ chairs to support these people.

If you want people with backbone, go down to the ground, you will find them - the people who work with their hands 14 hours a day to make a living and lives better for themselves and their families. These people are the backbone of our labor force and they sit on wooden chairs that make their backs strong

TopSage

Alfrescian
Loyal

Herman Miller Celle ordered by MoM:

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/of9/cabinet/hermanmiller/celle-top.gif

I once went to neighbor shop and saw this office chair:

http://www.glasscomputerdesk.co.uk/images/office-chairs.jpg

The man at the shop wanted $80 for it. But my family was so poor better not think about it. But as a boy was thinking that people work in office really have good life to be able to sit in such luxury cushion chair. At home just make do with plastic chair with 2 cushion total cost : < $30.

But yesterday I learned a new brand : Herman Miller. Never heard of such a brand in my life. MoM says if don't buy these chairs civil servant's back can be hurt. Wah I look up Herman Miller chair retail price cheapest $1100. MoM managed to get a bargain price of $500. Incidently this was the favorite chair of investment bankers who brought about the financial crisis.

I spend the whole day thinking : how did civil servants' back become so weak? I mean none of those people who live around me - the ah soh, ah peh all sit on wooden chair the whole day but they are not crippled or have their backs broken. I consider myself lucky to be able to afford 2 pieces of cushion for my back. After thinking the whole day, I understood why civil servants have such weak backs to need Herman Miller chairs to prevent back injury.

When they hire civil servants, they choose people without backbone so that they will obediently follow instructions handed down by the political masters in particular the hard truth of one Mentor up there. Over the years, their backs become weaker and weaker and prone to injury. So to prevent people with no back bone and prone to back injury, they have to purchase $500+ chairs to support these people.

If you want people with backbone, go down to the ground, you will find them - the people who work with their hands 14 hours a day to make a living and lives better for themselves and their families. These people are the backbone of our labor force and they sit on wooden chairs that make their backs strong.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MoM really need to order Herman Miller chairs : here's why!

I now know why you are not only a sage but a TopSage.