• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migration for Successful Singles/Couples

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is where you are wrong. I earn a median wage. Nothing fancy. But its high enough for me to get a car and a house. You don't have to earn 300K a year in aussieland to enjoy life. Which was the point of why I decide to settle here. Most of the other posters already highlighted this point through their various post.

Im sure you can afford. You can be neighbor with Kevin Rudd :biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where your friend stay? In areas like Campsie, Hurstville, eastwood, you don't even need to know how to speak English to survive there. Mandarin and Cantonese would be the main languages you converse in, in these areas.

i had a friend who migrated to australia, he got so tired of the working life here, that he convinced his parents and siblings to migrate with him more than 10 years ago. when i visited him few years ago, his father told me that he feel like a deaf and mute there as he speaks no english. the only joy he has was looking after his 2 grandsons.

i thought about it, i think my friend is quite selfish to make his parents sell off everything here and migrate with him. knowing that old people has friends and root back here.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Where your friend stay? In areas like Campsie, Hurstville, eastwood, you don't even need to know how to speak English to survive there. Mandarin and Cantonese would be the main languages you converse in, in these areas.

What's the difference between those places and say Singapore where people have to speak mandarin to PRC in order to get what they want?

I would avoid such places like the plague. Immigrants going to a place set up shop and want the locals to speak their language and be like them.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, I'm moving into bogansville to feel like I've really migrated.

What's the difference between those places and say Singapore where people have to speak mandarin to PRC in order to get what they want?

I would avoid such places like the plague. Immigrants going to a place set up shop and want the locals to speak their language and be like them.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry folks! Realised that I didnt provide the link. Here it is.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-visas.html

For those planning on Canada as a destination, this link provides good enough overview of the process and the options for different types of emigres.

Don't bother so much with the site's sales pitch. I am also not pitching for the company. Click on the Forum therein to see the types of questions handled. Take the site as a general info bank.

Good luck!

olengjuze

my first post here. :smile:

i'll be taking my first step to leaving this shit hole next month. i have the easy ticket out because my wife is taiwanese. leaving here for all the same reasons, and similarly getting slammed by the 60% short-sighted buggers around me who thinks i've gone crazy. sometimes they really make me feel really shitty, but it's just whatever stinkaporea that's left within me which i'll be shedding soon.

and yes, i need to get my little boy away from NS.

i also managed to turned a few open minds and they, too, have started embarking on a similar journey. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my first post here. :smile:

i'll be taking my first step to leaving this shit hole next month. i have the easy ticket out because my wife is taiwanese. leaving here for all the same reasons, and similarly getting slammed by the 60% short-sighted buggers around me who thinks i've gone crazy. sometimes they really make me feel really shitty, but it's just whatever stinkaporea that's left within me which i'll be shedding soon.

and yes, i need to get my little boy away from NS.

i also managed to turned a few open minds and they, too, have started embarking on a similar journey. :biggrin:
Congratulations! How i wish i can wake up from my dream and run road too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: homework and researchRe: Migration for Successful Singles/Couples

The reason why most people who qualify would head towards a 1st tier destination country has nothing to do with being an Ang Mo country. It is because of a series of positive draw factors such as
- infrastructure
- education
- standards in living
- civility
- fair treatment in law
- safety net
- health systems
- better opportunities
- good for the kids
- guarantee of migrant status and citizenship down the road.
- etc

Its the same with PRC coming here. The vast majority who are better qualified would head to the 1st rier destination country. The rest will head to to Singapore and countries of a similar or lesser status. Then a minority who do have good qualification would still come to Singapore because they are more comfortable with a similar cutlure and think they assimilate here better.

That's life. .

with the exception of Korea, the rest of the countries on ur list are all English speaking countries, i think one of the key facts facing people is ease of assimilation be it language or culturally.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Mate, I was joking about you getting a house near Luna Park. I have to agree with you here. These places in Sydney has a huge Chinese presence. Even walking down George St in the city sometimes give me the feeling I'm in an Asian country. For me, I will choose Wolli Creak as my place to stay. Peaceful neighbourhood, not really too far to the city by train also. I have a friend who lives all the way at Penrith.

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes what u said is true but i read ur list of countries & all were English speaking/AngMo countries mah, except for Korea. Thats why i reply lydat lor. Anyway when u say Tier1 countries, most people think of AngMo countries/western standard of living, maybe if you go to a Chinese speaking forum, Tier1 to them might be an escape to HK or Singapore where they know they can still speak Chinese. Those seeking better life elsewhere are mainly classed as economic migrants, how many singaporeans do you know who landed in new country apply for refugee status, i dun think i've heard of any, political maybe:smile:. Also read that SG does not accept refugees & i remember those days when SG navy had to give those poor vietnamese boat people supplies & push them back out to sea! anyway that's going way off topic liao.

The reason why most people who qualify would head towards a 1st tier destination country has nothing to do with being an Ang Mo country. It is because of a series of positive draw factors such as
- infrastructure
- education
- standards in living
- civility
- fair treatment in law
- safety net
- health systems
- better opportunities
- good for the kids
- guarantee of migrant status and citizenship down the road.
- etc

Its the same with PRC coming here. The vast majority who are better qualified would head to the 1st rier destination country. The rest will head to to Singapore and countries of a similar or lesser status. Then a minority who do have good qualification would still come to Singapore because they are more comfortable with a similar cutlure and think they assimilate here better.

That's life. .

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah Nayr69sg u got big balls man, i respect u for being so brave, most people do research & fly over to prospective country & check it out, dun say kia si kia su singaporeans, even angmos do the same it's just wanting to make sure it's the right decision. Tell me did you do research or ask friends & kakis who had settled there first or did you just throw a dart on a map & it landed on Edmonton, Canada? what is the draw for singaporeans in Edmonton? i knew of a family who sold up lock stock & barrel to move there back in the 80s but after 2 yrs they came back saying it was very COLD, buay tahan ah.. first time see frozen icicles:eek:

Truthfully, I had never stepped foot in Canada till the day I did my landing! Same with Edmonton where I live now. You just have to make a decision and take action or else nothing will change for you. If you don't want change then that's a different story altogether.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am curious. As you have written a long post and after doing "homework and research" if given a choice which country and in what order would the majority of Singaporeans pick and why?
Korea
USA
UK
OZ
NZ
UK

Hi scroobal, to be honest, I am not totally experienced as the bros here. I typed out a long post as I just said what I feel about this hot topic of taking the plunge or not. But if you ask me, I would place it as according:

1. OZ - The relatively near distance to SG itself is one of the main factor. The significant amount of Singaporeans that have settled there is another one.

2. USA - Environment there is one of the most tolerant of migrants, since the US is founded by migrants themselves. Some Singaporeans are thrilled by the fact that they get to possess firearms, which is novel to them excluding the period of NS. Not to mention, US has most of the traits that people will find attractive.

3. NZ - This is really dependant on the demographics of the migrants-to-be. The older generation will want to slow down and take up slower activities like living in a farm or driving around the countryside, hence NZ will be considered a suitable place. For the younger ones, they may not like it too much as things there go on a much slower pace and youth has always been about being brash and being fast.

4. UK - Generally not considered attractive in the past, due to its strong sterling pound. As a country itself, it does not have much to offer and it does not help that the perceived stereotype of British people being snobs and placing contempt on Asians. As the pound falls, it has become more attractive as a tourist destination but not as a place of immigration. Most of the time, those who have studied in UK before will know its charms and its beauty will be tempted to migrate over there.

5 Korea- Singaporeans are a spoon-fed lot. If they cannot even master their mother tongue like Mandarin, they are going to face much more difficulties learning the Korean language. Majority of Singaporeans have issues grappling the fluency of English and Mandarin/Malay/Tamil. Learning to be fluent in Korean is considered too tough for them, since they have to toil three years just to reach the fluency of an average Korean. But then again, some might be attracted to the fact that there are much lesser migrants compared to the Anglo nations, so if they have the set of skills + language, they might excel there. But it is one of the tougher routes, and the long working hours is not going to attract much, since all these migrants-to-be seek to slow down and take it easy.

I am ready to stand corrected. I am no expert in migration.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Working overseas and can't meet the requirements of residence (physically present) of my target country of migration, how?

Any work arounds?

Some advice would be appreciated.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

if u really desperate than get married to a girl there or pay money find wife there, if u got money/rich one, try setting up business/enterprise there & qualify that way. if u super rich one can buy house over xxx amount & qualify for visa to stay, if no money.. go underground & hope for the best.

if u doing it the legal way, make sure got plenty paperwork & paper trail to show ur existance there, remember some of these countries their civil service is not as Onz as SG so the easier you make their job, provide all paperwork & even more, they very happy with you, they want to know if ur just there as a economic migrant, like the FTs in SG or someone who is serious in settlement.

In UK for example, commonwealth citizens can vote in local council elections, make sure u do, it all goes to show ur serious intentions for settlement or naturalisation. if u come across as a FT economic migrant, they will blank u & tell u 2 fuck off.. in the mostest, nicest possible way of course.

If ur already at ur target country & applying, no doubt ur in rented housing, any chance to buy a small flat/property.. 1 to save on rental & 2 goes to show that ur serious on settlement, if all fails, u can still sell the flat/property or hold on to it, depending on ur money & ur tax sitauation. same with buying car etc.. anything that will show ur intentions will go a long way.

finally.. seek the advice of a good immigration advisor in ur target country, they will help you as they know which loophole or which catergory you'll be able to masuk with less problem, a lot of western countries are making it harder to enter now, so u need a good immigration advisor there & u might be surprised by how many entry visa catergories there are. for example some countries short of nurses, u change vocation there & train to be a nurse & after apply, they see that ur trained there, Bingo.. ur in! There's many loopholes, u just need to find a good imm. advisor there.

one further point & it's a positive one.. Singaporean applicants are seen in a slightly better light than someone from china, india, eastern europe, africa, etc. what to do, ur gahmen train u to be so well behaved :smile:

Working overseas and can't meet the requirements of residence (physically present) of my target country of migration, how?

Any work arounds?

Some advice would be appreciated.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

one further point & it's a positive one.. Singaporean applicants are seen in a slightly better light than someone from china, india, eastern europe, africa, etc. what to do, ur gahmen train u to be so well behaved :smile:

Actually it has more to do with Sporeans who have already blazed a trail ahead of us. They have shown that they make good law abiding citizens.

I was talking to a immigration officer & she was telling me that the Chinese PRC were a problem because it was difficult to tell if these people had links to organised crime:eek: