• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Migration for Successful Singles/Couples

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I hope there will be more advices for this group of people. :biggrin:

"Advice" is a non countable noun; you do not add an "s" to make it plural.

"Advice" is like "Rice". You say... "Please pass me the Rice." You don't say "Please pass me the rices" because "Rice", like "advice", is a non countable noun.

There are many other examples. To test your knowledge of non countable nouns, go to English Language Quiz - Countable or Non-countable Nouns (I-TESL-J) and take the test.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do you guys hear this rubbish. Another one I constantly hear is that ex Singapore cannot work again in Singapore. All not true.

There is no requirement to put anything back in CPF. The only requirement is that exSingaporeans have to fill an extensive form including family history if you want to work in Singapore. That is more to see if you completed NS requirements or if a family has not absconded etc.

I heard that the very unforgiving papaya regime makes it a point to ensure that you put back all the CPF monies you have taken out PLUS INTEREST should you decide to balek kumpng if you have not hit the withdrawal age yet. Is this true?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Actually almost anyone can migrate. Migration is driven by vocational categories - welders, chefs and nurses etc seem to be in demand. Simgapireans to tend to associate skills with high end jobs but they do not need to be.

All the East European immigrants that I have befriended are of the blue collar variety.. roofers, tilers, mechanics, airconditioning techs etc.

Blue collar Singaporeans are actually in a much better position once they arrive.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is where many entrepreneurial Singaporeans have done well since the 90s. The opportunities are indeed plenty. The drive is business opportunities and have turned into a lifetsyle change as well.

Sorry guys and I am sure I am out of the league about 1st world country and 1st world economy but I swear by my grandparents' grave that even a 3rd would country like Thailand holds so many opportunities for anyone who have simple skills like language, cooking, interior designing etc.

I cannot say I've migrated but at least I'm in the process of doing it as I had kicked myself out of the sinking hole 6 years ago and never a day wife & I regretted giving up everything (except our locked CPF) to come here. One must dare to do NOT just having wet dreams.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its quite a misconception even amongst Malaysians that one has to be a professional.

The trick is keep abrest of what vocations have risen to the top and into the fast track category. Funny you mention aircon techs. This was one of the best sought after vocations and was on fast track as well and all they needed was VITB and 2 years. Another was catering staff.

The one that I found amusing was intelligence officers, Police Officers and anti-corruption officers.when you tell people about these categories, they are surpised as well.

All the East European immigrants that I have befriended are of the blue collar variety.. roofers, tilers, mechanics, airconditioning techs etc.

Blue collar Singaporeans are actually in a much better position once they arrive.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think this is where many entrepreneurial Singaporeans have done well since the 90s. The opportunities are indeed plenty. The drive is business opportunities and have turned into a lifetsyle change as well.

Lifestyle change indeed. Honestly I am not use to the Singapore lifestyle more and more the longer I am out. The pace of life, the cost of living, the freedom of doing stuffs etc etc. Only thing I miss is hawker food but this also is missing less and less as Singapore's real hawker food is changing.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just looked thru page 1 of this thread. Talks about migration to tier 1 countries are only mentioned. What about migration to tier 2 countries which i assume would be the surrounding countries with exception of indonesia, philippines which should be tier 4 countries.

Anyway food for thought. There are many whites from these 1st world countries that migrate to the lower tier countries like philippines, thailand and so on to live a lower standard of living but get to stretch their dollars.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Its quite a misconception even amongst Malaysians that one has to be a professional.

The trick is keep abrest of what vocations have risen to the top and into the fast track category. Funny you mention aircon techs. This was one of the best sought after vocations and was on fast track as well and all they needed was VITB and 2 years. Another was catering staff.

The one that I found amusing was intelligence officers, Police Officers and anti-corruption officers.when you tell people about these categories, they are surpised as well.

Can I do it this way? I will go and learn to be an electrician now, by formal learning and apprenticeship and try for emigration 3 years later. This is a serious question. Thank you.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro KNNBLCB [Kaninabu lau cheebye] how are you related to KNNBCCB [the original KNNB series] and KNNBPCB?

I am in Oz. Speaking from Oz perspective, once you are able to make your way to Oz, and are prepared to work it out, there will always be jobs for you. Just drop by Centerlink, now part of Departmant of Human Services and you get a job opportunity coming up soon. New Oz migrants and having no job, you get assistance to tie you over, till you get a decently paid job.

Australia's minimum wage is $15.96 per hour or $606.40 per week. McDonalds [known as Maccas in Oz]and the likes alway looking for people. Imagine getting $2425.6 a month just by flipping burgers. For a couple, this is more than $4.8k a month.

There are heaps of casual jobs available all the time too.

The only question is how to get here for those category of folks who did not meet the required qualifying points.

Hi brother, please do not lump me together with those 2 vulgarities spewed hooligans.
KNNBLCB stands for Knowledge Need Not Be Learnt by Comprehending Books :biggrin:

Brother, I understand where you are coming from. Like I said, I do not mind even to scoop shit as a start if given the chance to migrate. But the problem is, how do I even get there in the first place? I'm not talking about buying a airplane ticket. What I meant is securing my first visa to at least stay there to find job or where can I go about to get my first job in OZ.

I know Sam is going to say, GOOGLE, there are tonnes of jobs available. But the problem is, I have been trying for the past 1 year with no success at all.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the good old days, it was easy to bullshit about some foreign land. Nowadays, I can pretty much check the validity of any claim in less than 2 minutes.

"I live in a house with a great garden" said one of my friends in Canada. "Oh yeah?....give me your address.... let me check..." I replied. 3 minutes later, I could see what his house and the neighborhood looked like as if I was there.

try doing that with someone staying in malaysia. I must say google street has been expanding over the yrs even bkk and pattaya has it.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been considering migration for 2 years.

The only issue holding me is what happen if I can't a find job to sustain the rental, lodging, food expenses before I used up my available cash.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have been considering migration for 2 years.

The only issue holding me is what happen if I can't a find job to sustain the rental, lodging, food expenses before I used up my available cash.

Brother, your sentence sure kena GAN GAO GAO by boss later. You are those type that they have been attacking. The group that think too much. for me, I have even spent 3 months in Sydney to try looking for a job but with no success. I am planning to go try again in Melbourne in September.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi brother, please do not lump me together with those 2 vulgarities spewed hooligans.
KNNBLCB stands for Knowledge Need Not Be Learnt by Comprehending Books :biggrin:

What I meant is securing my first visa to at least stay there to find job or where can I go about to get my first job in OZ.

I know Sam is going to say, GOOGLE, there are tonnes of jobs available. But the problem is, I have been trying for the past 1 year with no success at all.

Hey, KNNBLCB, you are the wife of KNNBCCB right? Ha ha... and KNNBPCB is having fun with your hubby.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?122060-Forum-Chat-is-up-)&p=1185310#post1185310

Back to serious biz. If DIY failed to get you anywhere, go see a migration agent. There are lots of tricks up in their sleeves to help / guide you.

The other issue is that now they have this ingris test... pretty tough. If your england is not powderful enuf, can forget about Oz liow. Maybe NZ is a better choice. Once you are citizen of NZ, you can hop over to Oz anytime. Thatz the back door to Oz.

Hope this help.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, your sentence sure kena GAN GAO GAO by boss later. You are those type that they have been attacking. The group that think too much. for me, I have even spent 3 months in Sydney to try looking for a job but with no success. I am planning to go try again in Melbourne in September.
I understand i must take the first step and try before saying I failed.
I wish to migrate with a plan at least. Not went over and used up all my cash without landing a job.
One more thing, I don't have qualification.

Last edited:

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wish to migrate with a plan at least. Not went over and used up all my cash without landing a job.

I remembered I said the same thing to Sam 1 year ago and I got washed by him jialat jialat. Actually, have you thought of studying for TAFE first for 2 years and then try to apply for residency? For me, I do not have the cash to study for that 2 years (tuition fees + living expenses). If you have, this is actually a good way in my opinion. Tafe still offers some courses that has jobs in the skill demand list.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for me, I have even spent 3 months in Sydney to try looking for a job but with no success. I am planning to go try again in Melbourne in September.

It is not easy to get a perm job WITHOUT the PR visa. You can work as causal in the farm - such as picking cherries - literally speaking, during harvesting season. You may want to think twice about flying over to Mel in Sept.

Actually, have you thought of studying for TAFE first for 2 years and then try to apply for residency? For me, I do not have the cash to study for that 2 years (tuition fees + living expenses). If you have, this is actually a good way in my opinion. Tafe still offers some courses that has jobs in the skill demand list.

With regards to TAFE course, think that PR visa route is now closed. It used to be so. Ditto of undergrads who study in Oz long time ago. Now they no longer were offered PR upon graduation automatically.

BTW, some of the TAFE courses are FREE - such as Children Service diploma. Other courses you may want to check it out.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One more thing, I don't have qualification.

I think you are in the similar situation as me. Brother, keep a look out for each other. Any new updates regarding emigration, drop each other a reminder?

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not easy to get a perm job WITHOUT the PR visa. You can work as causal in the farm - such as picking cherries - literally speaking, during harvesting season. You may want to think twice about flying over to Mel in Sept.

With regards to TAFE course, think that PR visa route is now closed. It used to be so. Ditto of undergrads who study in Oz long time ago. Now they no longer were offered PR upon graduation automatically.

BTW, some of the TAFE courses are FREE - such as Children Service diploma. Other courses you may want to check it out.

Its only free for your wife because she is a PR. Its not free for Sinkies who wants to migrate. I will go look at that TAFE route again. But its out for me. I don't have much cash brother. But thanks alot, you have been very obliging and helpful :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, don't even bother finding a job till you get your PRship. Don't even bother finding it when you got your PR and are still overseas. As for the "free" Tafe courses, you need to be PR as well and they would assess your suitability. i.e. If you possess adequate language capability in it.

And yes, I took the PR ship a couple of years back when it was easy as a graduate. I don't even have to go for IELTS back then. The stories I hear of getting your PR now is so much different and difficult. I was glad I did it back then.

KNNBLCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed, don't even bother finding a job till you get your PRship. Don't even bother finding it when you got your PR and are still overseas.

You provide the most honest situational report. This is the biggest problem now for alot of us. How to get that PRship. For people like myself who have no millions, no skills on the shortage list, no relatives in OZ, it is super difficult.