• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
High risk = High gain. Majority (my guess 80%) gets built but minority (especially new developer that comes out of the blue) gets stuck at site fencing stage for a few years before the developers abscond with the deposits. So far all landed projects that I have come across for the past 2 years are mostly in the midst of construction or have already VP.

depends when also. now when market is rising and lots of hot money coming in, chance of abandoned project is reduced a lot. if during recession time, be careful!

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is anyone still proceeding with the purchase?

A lot of ppl left in a limbo due to NSG way of dealing with the situation. Dunno if the developer is sincere about the launch or not. Seems they (NSG & UML) do not really care about their reputation.

Anyways, they earn the money, ruin reputation and then they can always start anew with a new company ya?...

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of ppl left in a limbo due to NSG way of dealing with the situation. Dunno if the developer is sincere about the launch or not. Seems they (NSG & UML) do not really care about their reputation.

Anyways, they earn the money, ruin reputation and then they can always start anew with a new company ya?...

Hi Steven, agree with you. This type of companies is what the Chinese say “沒有商業道德和信用”. they can always set up a new company and claim that is no link between them. :mad:

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
High risk = High gain. Majority (my guess 80%) gets built but minority (especially new developer that comes out of the blue) gets stuck at site fencing stage for a few years before the developers abscond with the deposits. So far all landed projects that I have come across for the past 2 years are mostly in the midst of construction or have already VP.

Hi FHBH12, thank you for the enlightenment. :biggrin:

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought the site has been fenced up and cleared up ?? saw a photo weeks back

This may be another delay tactic from UMLand, my guess is, if the market psf go up, they may just dishonest the price again, after all they had been giving all the "reasons" to delay the SPA signing. Just my thought :confused:

Last edited:

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm more afraid of arty bombardment from Lim Chu Kang on my houses in Johor if the bilateral relationship sours.

Do worry lah ! SG is in no position to have unfavorable relationship with their neighboring countries, more so today SAF soldier are all game warrior not so much of live firing. Just a joke. :smile:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The floor they are confriming is level 9, 13,14,15,18,19 and 20.
Wonder where did the level goes? i.e 10-12 and 16. It is pretty sure that level 21 above will be premium price

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
The floor they are confriming is level 9, 13,14,15,18,19 and 20.
Wonder where did the level goes? i.e 10-12 and 16. It is pretty sure that level 21 above will be premium price

How is the sales.? Can share the pricing and the freebies... Legal fee absorb etc

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is the sales.? Can share the pricing and the freebies... Legal fee absorb etc
Suggest to talk to NSG if you are interested. The package for a new buyer may be different. Seems like still a lot of buyer despite price increase. At the end of the day, it is attractiveness of the location of the properties that counts.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suggest to talk to NSG if you are interested. The package for a new buyer may be different. Seems like still a lot of buyer despite price increase. At the end of the day, it is attractiveness of the location of the properties that counts.
My Five criteria for property purchase if applied for Suasana, Iskandar Malaysia/Matex1) Location - Heart of JBCC, CBD, Shopping Centres, Close to future RTS, CIQ2) Transformation - JWAF transformation/Tanjung Puteri Site/Peter Lim Medical Hub3) Economic / Industrialisation planning - see master plan for JB City Centre. There is quite a number of commerical developments.4) Wow Factor - Luxury, Stylish Mixed development with 4 star hotel linked to Komtar. Possibly branded e.g Ascott/Citadines5) Reputable developer - Strong track of luxury condo in KL and Johor. Strong shareholders.Last words. Decide for yourself.

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Five criteria for property purchase if applied for Suasana, Iskandar Malaysia/Matex1) Location - Heart of JBCC, CBD, Shopping Centres, Close to future RTS, CIQ2) Transformation - JWAF transformation/Tanjung Puteri Site/Peter Lim Medical Hub3) Economic / Industrialisation planning - see master plan for JB City Centre. There is quite a number of commerical developments.4) Wow Factor - Luxury, Stylish Mixed development with 4 star hotel linked to Komtar. Possibly branded e.g Ascott/Citadines5) Reputable developer - Strong track of luxury condo in KL and Johor. Strong shareholders.Last words. Decide for yourself.
thks.! Btw..did u
buy.? The price is close to a 3NG hdb...just wondering is it still worth it.

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this is not a hdb right? Think its wrong comparison.
Compare within jb not overseas

Reason for this comparison is due to the proximity of this project to spore. Esp with mrt in the future, could appeal to the same tenant pool. Besides condo vs hdb....another major difference is security in jb vs peace of mind living/moving around sg.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reason for this comparison is due to the proximity of this project to spore. Esp with mrt in the future, could appeal to the same tenant pool. Besides condo vs hdb....another major difference is security in jb vs peace of mind living/moving around sg.
It is good to compare from all angles but remember there is a lot of differences in terms of land title, theme, country, foreigner-eligibility, etc. Personal opinion, this Matex condo had unique advantage over the rest in JB Sentral. May have a chance to get the hotel to manage the service residences as well.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buyers whom have book Matax aka Suasana @ JBCC will be able to sign the S&P coming Saturday.

You need to prepare 10% initial payment.

NSG did not explain the 10% payment earlier; hence those whom do not have RM account may have to pay in SGD cheque at ridiculous exchange rate.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyers whom have book Matax aka Suasana @ JBCC will be able to sign the S&P coming Saturday.You need to prepare 10% initial payment.NSG did not explain the 10% payment earlier; hence those whom do not have RM account may have to pay in SGD cheque at ridiculous exchange rate.
can later pay by remittance if no rm. just dun drag too long. Else they may release the unit.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can later pay by remittance if no rm. just dun drag too long. Else they may release the unit.

I decided to return all 5 units without buying. Just inform those still dealing with NSG.

If you bring a SG dollar cheque they will made some more from you from exchange rate different.