• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2012-13

jw5

Loyal
Methinks United will sell this bugger.

Valencia who was playing right back and Kagawa, a newbie in his first competitive game for the club, both looked more dangerous attacking forces than the greedy fool, who got himself a yellow card early in the game.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also get rid of the useless, past shelf life Evra kns.

Hopefully, give full whack to Fulham come sat week.:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also get rid of the useless, past shelf life Evra kns.

Hopefully, give full whack to Fulham come sat week.:p

Fulham is no pushover.

Fulham FC is the next-door neighbour of Chelsea. If you check Google Maps, Craven Cottage is just down the road from Stamford Bridge, and next to the River Thames.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fulham is no pushover.
Craven Cottage is just down the road from Stamford Bridge
No disrespect to Cottagers, but would like to think similarity ends with proximity to chelskis. And hopefully, being at home in theatre of dreams with payback on pussy roon tag team count.

Else, it's nothing short of disaster

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Big cuts in Nani state

150538067_1571415a.jpg

NAN'S BREAD ... winger is asking for less

Exclusive
By NEIL CUSTIS

Published: 23rd August 2012

NANI is offering to drop his wage demands in an attempt to save his future at Manchester United.

The Portuguese winger and his advisors are willing to accept his basic wage stays the same while the rest is made up by bonuses.

SunSport revealed on Wednesday how his prospects are in the balance at Old Trafford. He will be axed for tomorrow’s home game against Fulham after his poor showing in the 1-0 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park on Monday night.

That came on the back of a bad end to last season for Nani, which was why initial demands for a new contract were rejected out of hand by United.

Nani has two years left on his £90,000-a-week deal but wanted that boosted by nearly 50 per cent to more than £130,000.

United told the player’s representatives to forget it and have not gone back with an offer.

Now nervous Nani is ready to drop the demands.

He wants to keep his basic the same and accept around £30,000 for each appearance.

Those close to Nani fear the contract dispute may be affecting his form and he has thought about a move.

But the club would not sell unless they were offered more than £25million.

Nani needs to get back to the form that made him one of manager Alex Ferguson’s favourites.

Fergie chose him ahead of Ashley Young on Monday.

Again he disappointed, getting booked early, failing to create a decent chance and being subbed by Young with 12 minutes left.

Young will start against Fulham tomorrow.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hooray! Man Yoo won! Now Gary Lim of TNP can brag about it in full coverage tomorrow unlike the Everton game where it was reluctant and bitterly composed, brief report and one day late. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Wah, Looney out for at least 4 weeks with gash on leg.
Now RVP and Kagawa will get a chance to show what they can do. :smile:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The players up for sale-Berba, Macheda, Bebe and Anderson. Old fart has finally given up on Macheda but I won't be surprise if Nani is the first to go.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy one,get one free. Any takers?

Man Utd touting Macheda, Bebe around Europe
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Thu, 08/30/2012 - 12:10

Manchester United are looking to secure transfers or loan deals for youngsters Federico Macheda and Bébé before the transfer window closes.

Macheda has been the subject of interest from Turkish club Bursaspor.

But there has been little movement for £7.4 million winger Bébé, who suffered a cruciate ligament injury while on loan at Besiktas last season.
Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ebe-around-europe-3490021#5vUkVdhBtvwPiTwW.99

jw5

Loyal
Article from espnsoccernet:

Evans ready to bolster United defence

Defender Jonny Evans hopes to make his comeback for Manchester United at Southampton on Sunday after playing 90 minutes for the club's Under-21 side.

Darren Fletcher also completed the full game in the 2-1 defeat of Totttenham while left-back Alexander Buttner made his first appearance since signing from Vitesse Arnhem.

Evans had surgery on his injured ankle over the summer and was one of four centre-backs to miss the start of the season.

Midfielder Michael Carrick has been pressed into emergency service alongside captain Nemanja Vidic in defence, but now Evans hopes to return in place of the Englishman at St Mary's.

Sir Alex Ferguson was in the crowd to see Federico Macheda score United both goals and Evans finish the game.

"It's my first game but I have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes," the Northern Ireland international told MUTV.

"I might have only played 60 minutes, but with it being 90 it gets me the full game behind me and hopefully I'll be in contention for Sunday.

"I felt pretty good. I've had a few setbacks over pre-season where it's not gone as planned. Hopefully now everything's behind me and I can kick on with the season now."

Evans praised Buttner, adding: "He's been training all week with us and I've been very impressed. He seems very confident on the ball, good in the tackle.

"He probably didn't get as much of the ball as he would have liked. But he defended really well, which is important, and I'm sure he can be happy with himself."

Midfielder Fletcher made his third appearance as he continues his recovery after being sidelined since November with a chronic bowel problem.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like Berbatov is on his way to Fulham to reunite with his former Spurs boss Martin Jol.
Bye Bye Berba! :p

If no other players leave, Man Utd can register a 25 man squad of players over 21 with the existing players.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
RVP scored 3 great goals but he would have got it from Fergie for the missed penalty if the team had not won the match.
The defence looked like a bunch of schoolboys playing together for the first time.

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd Premier League Squad:

(The squad lists below do not include registered Under-21 players)

MAN UTD: Anderson, Bebe, Buttner, Carrick, Hernandez, Cleverley, De Gea, Evans, Evra, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Giggs, Kagawa, Lindegaard, Nani, Rafael, Rooney, Scholes, Smalling, Valencia, Van Persie, Vidic, Welbeck, Young.

Reserve keeper Sam Jonhstone, Nick Powell and Phil Jones are not included, but they all can play because they are under 21 on Aug 31.
The only notable absentee is Macheda, looks like he has no future at the club.

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd Champions League Squad:

David De Gea, Anders Lindergaard; Rafael, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Nemanja Vidic, Alexander Buttner; Antonio Valencia, Anderson, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Nani, Ashley Young, Paul Scholes, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Nick Powell; Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck, Robin van Persie, Shinji Kagawa.

Powell and Phil Jones are included, but Bebe and Rooney are excluded.
Looks like they don't think Rooney will be back fully fit before Nov.
imo, mistake not to name another keeper.

jw5

Loyal
Reserve keeper Sam Jonhstone, Nick Powell and Phil Jones are not included, but they all can play because they are under 21 on Aug 31.
The only notable absentee is Macheda, looks like he has no future at the club.

Sorry, my mistake, this is the official definition of an "under 21 player":

"An Under-21 player is defined as being born on or after January 1, 1991. Clubs can use an unlimited number of Under-21 players in addition to their 25-man squad."

Macheda was born in Aug 1991, so he qualifies as an under 21 player and need not be in the squad list.

Rooney is probably not in the champions league squad because of his injury (the group stage is until mid Dec only and the squad can be registered again in end Jan) but it is also possible that he was left out so that he can be sold in Jan to a team who doesn't want him cup-tied. :eek:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is any truth in Ron's 'decision' to leave REAL, then the possibility of Rooney's exit from OT may come earlier than anticipated. The high taxes in Spain and italy may just force Ron to return to England to ply his trade. I doubt very much Perez will let him go that easily. I believe he'll get a sweetened deal soon.
Fergie has a stronger hand now that he has RVP on board. He'll bully Roon until he plays to the level that is expected of him. Ron whines and complains a lot on the field which Fergie is not entirely happy with especially if it affects team morale. It is one thing to be motivated but it's quite another when you hurl abuses on your team mates on the field.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd Champions League Squad:

David De Gea, Anders Lindergaard; Rafael, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Nemanja Vidic, Alexander Buttner; Antonio Valencia, Anderson, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Nani, Ashley Young, Paul Scholes, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Nick Powell; Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck, Robin van Persie, Shinji Kagawa.

Powell and Phil Jones are included, but Bebe and Rooney are excluded.
Looks like they don't think Rooney will be back fully fit before Nov.
imo, mistake not to name another keeper.

They still have the under 21 keeper to call upon should the need arise. I thot the selection was good given the number of players with tofu legs in the team-Smalling,Jones,Cleverley, Anderson.

If De Gea or Anders Lindergaard gets injured for whatever reasons, you can put your money on Ferguson to look for another keeper in January. The stakes are high for these two chaps.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
They still have the under 21 keeper to call upon should the need arise. I thot the selection was good given the number of players with tofu legs in the team-Smalling,Jones,Cleverley, Anderson.

If De Gea or Anders Lindergaard gets injured for whatever reasons, you can put your money on Ferguson to look for another keeper in January. The stakes are high for these two chaps.

I don't think they can call on the under 21 keeper for the champions league, since they had to name Phil Jones and Nick Powell in the squad.
Not the same as the premier league, where the under 21 players need not be named and can be called to play at any time.
It's amazing that Spurs could get Lloris for under 10 million pounds, whereas Fergie had to pay 18 million for De Gea.